Akira Combo Thread

Zeo

Thank you for the kind words. Don't know if I can fully represent what Akira can do just yet. I am working on getting better with him though.
Yeah, I'm on the 360. Please feel free to add me anytime.
I do plan on doing some videos too with full frame data (for both Akira and opponent) and damage. My online is pretty slow at the moment, but I'm working on a faster connection. But it would be nice to record some matches to discuss strategy and reaction as well. Since Akira is execution heavy, a lot of players focus on trying to get that setup and lose focus on what the opponent is doing. (I've been guilty of this before too).
I'm guilty of it all the time right now, focusing less on what I expect my opponent is doing and just thinking about the moves I want to use and how I have to nail them, he's going to take a lot of getting used to but I'm going to stick with him. Yeah I'll add you soon. Maybe we can have some matches, don't expect too much from me though.

Goro Hazuki

I'm guilty of it all the time right now, focusing less on what I expect my opponent is doing and just thinking about the moves I want to use and how I have to nail them, he's going to take a lot of getting used to but I'm going to stick with him. Yeah I'll add you soon. Maybe we can have some matches, don't expect too much from me though.

Sounds good. And no worries, stick with him, and it will feel natural in no time.

Goro Hazuki

So I have a couple of more combos:

- At the wall, :4::6::P:,(:h:):+::K:,(:h:):+::K:,:2::P:,:3::4::6::P: (79 Damage on normal hit)
- At the wall, :4::6::P:,(:h:):+::K:,:P:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: (83 Damage on normal hit)
- Anywhere (not guaranteed 1st two parts of the string): :6::K::P:,:214::P:,:6::6::P+K:(CB),(:h:):+::K:,:P:,(:h:):+::K:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: (104 damage on normal hit)

Sorry about the just frame knee combos. I know people requested combos that don't involve the knee as well. I had a lot of work this week, so I'll definitely add a lot more variation in the combos over the weekend. I also plan on working on a lot of CB combos for that extra guaranteed damage. I will update the first page over the weekend too.

wali

So I have a couple of more combos:

- At the wall, :4::6::P:,(:h:):+::K:,(:h:):+::K:,:2::P:,:3::4::6::P: (79 Damage on normal hit)
- At the wall, :4::6::P:,(:h:):+::K:,:P:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: (83 Damage on normal hit)
- Anywhere (not guaranteed 1st two parts of the string): :6::K::P:,:214::P:,:6::6::P+K:(CB),(:h:):+::K:,:P:,(:h:):+::K:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: (104 damage on normal hit)

Sorry about the just frame knee combos. I know people requested combos that don't involve the knee as well. I had a lot of work this week, so I'll definitely add a lot more variation in the combos over the weekend. I also plan on working on a lot of CB combos for that extra guaranteed damage. I will update the first page over the weekend too.
:6::K::P: doesn't launch any more?

Ghosty-J

Akira feels kinda weird compared to his VF5FS counterpart, but I can adjust easily. Here's some random combos I've been using, but they're by no means completely guarenteed:

Combo 1:
:6::K::P:, :214::P:, :6::6_: :P+K: (Critical Bursts), :3::3::P:, :H+K: (Frame Knee), :3::H+K::P::P+K:

Combo 2:
:214::P+K:, :1::P:, :3::H+K::P+K:, :2::P:, :3::4::6::P:

I've been trying to discover some good sit-down stun setups, but nothing that can really help bring a breakthrough to using him at his full potential. And yes, I'm a newbie who anonymously stalked the forum until I managed to get my hands on the game XP

Goro Hazuki

Nice Ghosty-J, just note that those only work up to fast recovery (not fastest). When I update the combo thread, I will only post combos that work on fast and fastest. So I will definitely include those and I will just note whether the combo works on fast only, or on both fast and fastest.
I will note that combos done on fast recovery are not necessarily guaranteed of course.
I think I will put a * next to combos that work on fast. And ** next to combos that work on fastest. What do you guys think?

Ghosty-J

Sounds like a good set up. I'll hit the lab with Akira next time and see if I could look for something less escapable.

Extra

So far I noticed that out of a high launch (whether from a critical burst or off of a sit down stun or something), 3 knees into DLC does the most damage.
So :214: :P:, (:h:):+::K:,(:h:):+::K:, (:h:):+::K:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: does 82 damage anywhere off of a normal hit. That's pretty sick.
From his :4::6::P:, (:h:):+::K:, :2::P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: is the highest I found without a wall, at 61 damage. Strangely Gremlins sometimes cause this combo to miss in closed stance (I'm not sure why yet) but it works all the way up to middle weights.

The knee is godly in this game. You spam it in a combo it's just win.

But if you want to try some combos without the knee, something like
:214: :P:, :3::3::P:, :6::K::P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: does 78 damage. Not too shabby at all actually. Arguably much easier than doing three knees but hey, style points!! ;)

Goro Hazuki

So far I noticed that out of a high launch (whether from a critical burst or off of a sit down stun or something), 3 knees into DLC does the most damage.
So :214: :P:, (:h:):+::K:,(:h:):+::K:, (:h:):+::K:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: does 82 damage anywhere off of a normal hit. That's pretty sick.
Just note that the :214::P:, (:h:):+::K: does not connect on fastest recovery. It's still a viable combo as it works on fast recovery (but be prepared to have it countered or blocked from time to time). However, it will be added on the combo list in page one :)

From his :4::6::P:, (:h:):+::K:, :2::P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: is the highest I found without a wall, at 61 damage. Strangely Gremlins sometimes cause this combo to miss in closed stance (I'm not sure why yet) but it works all the way up to middle weights.
That's odd, I always get it to connect when finishing with :4::6::6::P+K:. It's when you simplify the input with just :P+K: where I find it misses sometimes. I'll do some testing in closed stance to see why that occurs with you.

The knee is godly in this game. You spam it in a combo it's just win.

But if you want to try some combos without the knee, something like
:214: :P:, :3::3::P:, :6::K::P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: does 78 damage. Not too shabby at all actually. Arguably much easier than doing three knees but hey, style points!! ;)

Lol no worries. We are a group that love and use the knee as much as possible. You are in a safe circle now. Contribute as many just frame knee combos as you like :)

Zeo

And now I'm starting to feel a bit like an outcast. I've only successfully used that knee once in a real match. It's a nightmare to pull off on pad and even harder online. But my training continues.

Ghosty-J

I feel your pain, and I'm exclusively pad as well. I executed it a handful of times online, but only two hits made contact so far D: Thank goodness the PS3 controller isn't a pile of crap, or else I would have given up pulling off the knee ages ago.

Zeo

I actually threw it out from a distance during a clutch match and it clipped the Gen Fu player I was fighting trying to do a run in punch. Tried it a few times in a combo, but I always failed so I just started doing :P:,:P:,:6::K::P:,:4::6::6::P+K: after :3::3::P: (which actually after a bit of testing out damages just about anything that doesn't involve the knee).

wali

I actually threw it out from a distance during a clutch match and it clipped the Gen Fu player I was fighting trying to do a run in punch. Tried it a few times in a combo, but I always failed so I just started doing :P:,:P:,:6::K::P:,:4::6::6::P+K: after :3::3::P: (which actually after a bit of testing out damages just about anything that doesn't involve the knee).
Be patient Zeo i play Akira for almost 3 years now and i still practicing it.
i found this in youtube maybe it well help
shinra_tensei.gif

Extra

That's odd, I always get it to connect when finishing with :4::6::6::P+K:. It's when you simplify the input with just :P+K: where I find it misses sometimes. I'll do some testing in closed stance to see why that occurs with you.
Ahh, my issue with this combo is that while in closed stance, the second hit of DLC will sometimes whiff completely (not all the time) while it seems to connect 100% of the time in open stance. I'm not sure what's causing it yet, and I'll explore it some more also to see if it's timing or distance related.

Also, I stand corrected. Off of a maximum height knee launch (such as off of a counterhit or CB), you can do three more knees then :2::P::4::6::P: for an even more damaging combo, but it only works on light weights (byakko will whiff on middle weights).
So for example, :6::K::P:,:214::P:,:6::6::P+K:(CB),(:F: ):+::K:,(:F:):+::K:, (:F:):+::K:, (:F:):+::K:, :2::P::4::6::P: is 114 damage, versus doing
:6::K::P:,:214::P:,:6::6::P+K:(CB),(:F:):+::K:,(:F:):+::K:, (:F:):+::K:, :3::F+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: which does 109 damage.

Honestly, I would LOVE to see someone do this combo in a tournament. It takes some serious confidence to attempt 4 consecutive knees in tournament match.

Goro Hazuki

Ahh, my issue with this combo is that while in closed stance, the second hit of DLC will sometimes whiff completely (not all the time) while it seems to connect 100% of the time in open stance. I'm not sure what's causing it yet, and I'll explore it some more also to see if it's timing or distance related.

Yeah, I got it now. The second hit (the punch) seems to whiff when you're really close. And since you can get closer in closed stance, you seem to get the whiff when in that stance. Give it a step back from closed stance and it should work fine.

Goro Hazuki

Updated front page with strictly guaranteed combos for the time being. Many more will come soon (and some recovery and hold measures will be relaxed a tad to allow more variety). Please let me know if you want something guaranteed added for now.

On the less guaranteed side, here are some nice follow ups to some mix ups:

-:6::P::4::P::P:,:2::P:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: (60 Damage after 2nd hit)

-:3::H+K::P+K:,:6::6::6::P:,:P:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: (67 Damage) 1st hit must whiff (does not work on fast recovery, just good for throwing off opponent and viability is limited. It does look cool though)

saikyom

thanks for the combos, i was looking for akira stuff since i learned he was added to doa :D
just a suggestion for sorting purpose , I come from a tekken background and the way we list combos is
launcher:
(put fillers here) then (bind)
(put finishers)
I was at kokoro's forum (yeah i love baji quan) and i think the first post is what i'm talking about
http://www.freestepdodge.com/forums/dead-or-alive-5-discussion.27/
well just a suggestion, i'm not an expert in doa :)

Goro Hazuki

Hey Saikyom, yeah the combo section is pathetic at the moment. I will compile all the ones we mentioned here in the front page in their appropriate sub-sections. I have reservations doing it similar to the Kokoro page because the launch height varies from situation to situation. Particularly Akira's just frame knee, 33P, 8K..etc. So, putting a launcher section and finishers section is nice, but you lose some of the variation that the launchers allow.

I am thinking about doing something like this though:

Normal Hit Combos (Method 1):
1- From :214::P:,:6::K::P:
:Link::P:,:3::H+K::P::P+K:
:Link::2::P:,:3::6::P::P:
etc..

Or we can do this:

Normal Hit Combos (Method 2):

NHC1: :214::P:,:6::K::P:,:P:,:3::H+K::P::P+K:
NHC2: :214::P:,:6::K::P:,:2::P:,:3::6::P::P:

Method 1 is more organised in my opinion, but Method 2 allows easy referencing. So anyone struggling with a combo can say "Hey I'm having trouble landing NHC6, any tips?" The abbreviations would be simple:
NHC: Normal Hit Combos
CHC: Counter Hit Combos
HHC: Hi-Counter Hit Combos
....etc

So what's everyone's thoughts on this? Method 1, or Method 2?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD