i like the second method ,and here what i found after 2 hours gameplay
NHC:4::P::P+K: :6_::P: :6_::P::6_::P::3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: 62
NHC:3::H+K::P+K::6_::P::3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: 59
NHC:214::P:, (:h:) +:K:,:6::K::P:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: 79
NHC:3::3::P::6_::P:,:4::3::P:,:2::P:,:1::4::6::P:58
NHC:3::3::P::6_::P:,:4::6::P:,:1::4::6::P:55
CHC:6::6::6::P::6_::P::6_::P::3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: 71

Ghosty-J

Yeah, 2nd method here since it's something I can process faster than having parts of a combo devided into different sections. The abbreviations for types of hits are a welcome addition however.

Adamleelight

No wall
:6::K::P:,:3::P::+::K:,:4::P::P::+::K:,:P:,:2::P:,:2_::6::P:(:P:) (80 Damage)

:6::K::P:,:3::P::+::K:,:4::P::P::+::K:,:2::P:,(Stand):P:,:3::h::+::K::P::4::6::6::P::+::K: (85 Damage)

Near Wall

:6::K::P:,:3::P::+::K:,:4::P::P::+::K:,:P:,:2::P:,(Stand):P:,:2::P:,:2_::6::P:(:P:) (96 Damage)

:6::K::P:,:3::P::+::K:,:4::P::P::+::K:,:2::P:,(Stand):P:,:2::P:,(Stand):P::3::h::+::K::P::4::6::6::P::+::K: (101 Damage)

Doesn't work on Heavy Characters.

Goro Hazuki

Near Wall

:6::K::P:,:3::P::+::K:,:4::P::P::+::K:,:P:,:2::P:,(Stand):P:,:2::P:,:2_::6::P:(:P:) (96 Damage)

:6::K::P:,:3::P::+::K:,:4::P::P::+::K:,:2::P:,(Stand):P:,:2::P:,(Stand):P::3::h::+::K::P::4::6::6::P::+::K: (101 Damage)

Doesn't work on Heavy Characters.

Thanks Adamkeelight. Can you follow up with more damage after a wall slam (i.e (:h:):+::K: or :2::P:,:3::4::6::P:)? I'll mess with post wall slam combos as well.

Guys, I'm compiling the combos tonight for an update. For now, I will only post the guaranteed (**) combos on fastest recovery and critical hold. Please feel free to contribute as much as you can and credit will be given at the bottom of the post.
From there, we'll relax the assumptions and include fast recovery and critical hold combos (*).
For reference, I am doing my mid weight combos on Rig, heavy combos on Bass, and light combos on Kasumi/Eliot.
CB combos are not guaranteed on fastest (**) for the moment as I have yet found a chain of stuns that work in every situation. I found a few on fast recovery, but I think that's just how the game is designed so you don't get a guaranteed CB every time.The CB takes 20 frames total (19 execution +1 for hit) and the longest sit-down stun is 19, so it will not connect on fastest. :4::P+K: provides a very long frame advantage and crumples, but the opponent can hold. So it goes down to your opponent and what they do in the match.
Examples of CB setups:
- :6::K::P:,:214::P:,:6::6::P+K:(CB)* works only up to fast recovery
- :6::K::P:,:4::P+K:,:6::6::P+K:(CB)* works only up to fast recovery
- :3::H+K::P::2:(:8:), you can follow with a variety of attacks to build stun after this, then :6::6::P+K:(CB)* Also only works up to fast recovery.
My opponents are expecting CB most of the time, so I get that just frame knee in instead for a major launch and more damage. Akira's :4::6::H+P: causes good damage if you don't want to gamble with your opponents holds. Finally, :6::4::H+P: into :2::H+K::P:(:P:) or :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: should deliver another punishment option.
(I will add this CB post into the Akira strategy section of the Akira thread in due time). Please provide additional CB setups/advice in the Akira thread if you can :)

wali

about countrer hit :3::P+K: is the fallow up guaranteed? and bass CB how do i counter it i tried mid punish and kick holds but he still land it .

Goro Hazuki

No, the follow up to :3::P+K: is not guaranteed even at hi-counter hit. Follow ups to :3::P+K: are only guaranteed on slippery surfaces (water section in Sanctuary and Primal or the ice floor in Edge of the Earth). The move grants you a 29 frame advantage on fastest recovery and it's unholdable. If it worked everywhere, it would kinda be broken.

You can counter Bass's CB by just countering mid punch. Your guy should just step to the side (an evasive counter). Most CB's are mid punches with a few exceptions (i.e. Lisa). Same with powerblows; most of them are mid punches with a few exceptions (i.e. Rig).

wali

then i well only chose those stages ;) . can i evade when stunned ?
if i hold :h: and mash button i can get out from the all type of stun ? and how in hell bayman throw or lisa running throw beat my attacks like this, i know catch throw beat attack but not like this !:mad:

Goro Hazuki

an instructual combo video like EMPER0RC0W would be much appreciated
*snip*
Emperor Cow actually requested me to do this as well. Editing software is expensive though, so I am exploring my options for proper video capturing and editing methods. I might end up taking the videos and sending them over to Emperor Cow for editing, or just do the entire capture on his setup.
I'll keep you updated on this.
Also, I think I'll update some combos for the front page in a bit.

Goro Hazuki

Hey everyone, I updated the first page with some combos. All the combos I posted so far are guaranteed. I have yet to relax the assumptions for recovery and hold. It's comforting to see that Akira has so many guaranteed combos.
Also, I have yet to put combos you guys contributed. I will do so soon and all credit will be mentioned :)
If you have anything to contribute at the moment, please do it on fastest recovery and fastest critical hold settings. I'll update with the easier settings next week.

Let me know what you guys think of the list so far. Do you want more combos not involving the just frame knee (because I do tend to get carried away with it)?

Finally, @Wali, I had a question about this combo:
CHC:6::6::6::P::6_::P::6_::P::3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:
Are you guard canceling after the first :6_::P:? Or are you connecting the two punches?

saikyom

thanks for the good work. Personally i'm struggling with the just frame knee, this morning i was able to pull some, but not repetedly, in tekken i had the same problem with kazuya's ewgf, but with training it came along,so i guess the same will be for this move.
It's just that Akira is my favorite fighting game character that keeps me going.
I found a "not guaranteed" combo,I know nothing about settings in doa
any ways : :214::P:,:3::P:,:1::P:,:6::6::P+K:(CB),:1::P+K:(power blow)
since i've seen no setups that leads to his power blow yet!
:)
keep the good work

Goro Hazuki

any ways : :214::P:,:3::P:,:1::P:,:6::6::P+K:(CB),:1::P+K:(power blow)
since i've seen no setups that leads to his power blow yet!
:)
keep the good work

Thanks. I'll keep trying to bring more relevant info going forward. As for the set up, I like it, and but it's kinda tricky. Here's why I like it:
This link :214::P:,:3::P: is guaranteed. And :1::P: is good to throw people off because it's a high hit. The stun from :1::P: should give you 22 frames of advantage (which is plenty for connecting the CB at 20 frames execution + hit.
Here's where it's tricky:
The stun from :1::P:is holdable, so your CB can easily be countered. Also, :1::P: is too slow and often won't connect after :3::P: if your opponent slow escapes. On block, you are at a -8 disadvantage.

This link is very usable though factoring in the mind game. I'll throw it in the CB section of the Akira thread :) (and in the CB combo section once I include the non-guaranteed combos) Thanks for this.

Goro Hazuki

Ok Cool. I'll add the last three combos in your post to the guaranteed combos.

Edit: Added Wali's three combos and credit is shown :)

wali

CHC:6::6::6::P:,:6_::P:,(:h:)+:K:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P: 78
CH C:6::6::6::P:,:6_::P:,:4::3::P:,:2::P:,:1::4::6::P: 73
you can do both of them in :3::P+K: slippy surface combos they deal about 60
:3::P+K:, (:h:)+:K:,:6::K::P: ,:P:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: 70
WSC :214::P: ,:1::4::6::P: ,(:h:)+:K:,:P:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: 109
WSC:1::4::6::P:,:P:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: 94
WSC:1::4::6::P:,(:h:)+:K:,:P:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: 103

Goro Hazuki

Cool cool. I'm sure they work (and they certainly look like they work by just eyeballing it), but I always test before I update. Will test and add soon. Thanks Wali.

pozertron

I made a topic on GameFAQS where i put CB combos that i made up myself *first time in my life creating combos*

But since people on GameFAQS are more worried about Boobs being too small i decided to just put it here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643186-dead-or-alive-5/64363613

Feel free to criticize.

Final EDIT: I just realized, my every combo is pretty much invalid since the CPU recovery has been set to NONE. Now that i set the recovery even to Slow, nothing works. And here i thought i was creative haha. You are still free to check them out though, maybe there will be SOMETHING useful.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD