Akira Combo Thread

saikyom

I made a topic on GameFAQS where i put CB combos that i made up myself *first time in my life creating combos*

But since people on GameFAQS are more worried about Boobs being too small i decided to just put it here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643186-dead-or-alive-5/64363613

Feel free to criticize.

Final EDIT: I just realized, my every combo is pretty much invalid since the CPU recovery has been set to NONE. Now that i set the recovery even to Slow, nothing works. And here i thought i was creative haha. You are still free to check them out though, maybe there will be SOMETHING useful.
oh well,they can still work as "mind games" :)
thanks for the good work.

Dat Nyucah

Wassup everyone, I'm new to this forums and game, but I do come from a background in VF with Akira. I noticed in this thread thus far that there haven't been any force tech combos/ set-up posted, and I thought it'd be cool to contribute. What I've found doesn't allow tech roll, but only works on light weights and middle weights though:

Light weight stuff:
:4::P: :P+K:, :P::K::h: , :h::+::K: (KNEE!), :3::H+K: :P+K:
:4::6::P:, very small dash or slight delay :h::+::K:(KNEE!), :3::H+K: :P+K:
Hi CH :3::3::P:_ :h::+::K:, :h::+::K:(KNEE!), :P:, :h::+::K:(KNEE!), :4: :P: long delay :P+K: (VERY STRICT TIMING... maybe not even match worthy, lol.)

Mid weight stuff:
:4::P: :P+K:, :h::+::K:(KNEE!), :3::H+K: :P+K:
:4::6::P:, :h::+::K:(KNEE!), :3::H+K: :P+K:
CH :6::6::6::P:, :h::+::K:(KNEE!), :3::H+K: :P+K:

BTW, if you end a combo with :4::3::P:_ :214::P:, try a shoulder ram. If they don't tech you get the force tech, if they do you're still at +2.

PS: Sorry about all the KNEE! combos, but I can't seem to figure any force tech shenanigans w/o it :oops:

Goro Hazuki

Hey Dat Nyucah. Welcome and thanks for the contributions. I will test and add. Don't worry about posting combos with the JF knee. However, I'll play around with stuff and see what I can get by not including the knee so everyone can be happy. These setups should be nice for maintaining pressure. While this is not typically my playing style with Akira, I'm sure it is very useful for many people here. While, I do put pressure from time to time, I usually like to space and reassess after chipping away damage just because the other characters in DOA can do a good job with crushes and halting that pressure as Akira recovers from certain attacks.

@Pozertron, welcome and thanks for the link. I will go through the thread and see what I can add as guaranteed damage. I have yet to add the non-guaranteed (fast recovery) and CB combos.

To everyone, while I already have everything written down (combos and CB setups etc), I have just taken a small break from Akira to explore the rest of the game. That way, when I post things, they're from a stronger overall view of the DOA5 and what risks you may entail during a match. Because once you relax the guaranteed assumption, you start factoring in mind games and what the opponent can do to punish you.

It's tough ignoring my favorite Baji fighter though...Seeing him there, all cool in his Hakkyoku blue gi, but I turn away so I can get a better understanding of another character and I choose..*shudder*...Jan Lee or Rig.

Little Subby

Hey everyone, I'm new to the community. I came up with some basic combos earlier today on this video just to put my two cents in.
Unfortunately it does not have the 1 frame knee :( still working on it lol

Chaos

:6::K::P:, :6::6::P:, :P:, CB! :6::6::P::+::K: (Teishitsu Dantail 1 frame (:h:):+::K:, :1::2::4::P:, :2::P:
:3::h::+::K::P::4::6::6::P::+::K:

:3::h:, :P:,:4::3::P:, :2::P:,:2::1::4::6::P: or end it with :3::+::h::+::K::P::4::6::6::P::+::K:
Thats all for right now, I'll post more when I come up with some more combos. ;)

Dat Nyucah

First here are 3 force tech combos on light weights... without KNEE! (YAY!). Two from 4P P+K, one from 46P.

1)Easy mode: :4::P: :P+K:, :2::P:, :4::P:, :3::H+K: :P+K: 48 dmg
2)Heart attack mode: :4::P: :P+K:, :6_::P:, :214::P:, :6_::P:, :6::6::~: :3: :P+K: 52 dmg (tight timing to get shoulder ram to hit at the same time opp touches floor for force tech, but it is doable)
3):4::6::P:, dash :P: _ delay :6_::P: , :3::H+K: :P+K: (wierd timing at times :confused:)

Also, some combos from hi counter/ threshold stun KNEE! for the hardcore, lol...
Force tech on Light weights: :H+K: (KNEE!) , dash under, :H+K: (KNEE!), :4::P:, :3::H+K: :P+K:
Max DMG on Light weights ?: :H+K: (KNEE!), :H+K: (KNEE!), :6_: :P:, :H+K: (KNEE!), :6_::P:, :4::6::6::P+K:
Max DMG on Mid weights ?: :H+K: (KNEE!), :H+K: (KNEE!), :6_: :P:, :H+K: (KNEE!), DLC

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I know everyone is focusing on attack combos, but one combo I'd like to drop in here for everyone is a throw combo. It can be initiated with a jab :P: :F: :1: :6: :H+P: then :h: then :P: or catching anyone who is attempting to counter.

The combo is pretty simple:
:1: :6: :H+P: then :h: then :P: at this point you can enter into 3 different options. I like to do the guaranteed throw combo, :P+K: :4: :3: :H+P: :4: :P:

After the initiation throw, you can choose to go down launcher paths:
(:h:) :+: :K:
or
:3: :3::P:
or
:3::P+K: into (:h:) :+: :K:
or
Initiate the throw combo to restart the chain again:
:6::6::P+K: :H+P: choose your path from here on.

Also, i'm on 360, so if anyone wants to exchange tactics, I really want to get this character to a pro level. Feel free to add me.

Dat Nyucah

I know everyone is focusing on attack combos, but one combo I'd like to drop in here for everyone is a throw combo. It can be initiated with a jab :P: :F: :1: :6: :H+P: then :h: then :P: or catching anyone who is attempting to counter.

The combo is pretty simple:
:1: :6: :H+P: then :h: then :P: at this point you can enter into 3 different options. I like to do the guaranteed throw combo, :P+K: :4: :3: :H+P: :4: :P:

After the initiation throw, you can choose to go down launcher paths:
(:h:) :+: :K:
or
:3: :3::P:
or
:3::P+K: into (:h:) :+: :K:
or
Initiate the throw combo to restart the chain again:
:6::6::P+K: :H+P: choose your path from here on.

Also, i'm on 360, so if anyone wants to exchange tactics, I really want to get this character to a pro level. Feel free to add me.

I like the train of thought there... I do the same stuff, so i definitely agree. My mix-up is usually attack (SPoD, KNEE!, or 46 P), or Guard Break (6 P+K mainly for mid weights, or GBoD) tho. But honestly, I think i need to throw more.

Also, after SPoD (P+K...) you can dash shoulder ram for extra dmg, and pick them up. It's guaranteed if done quickly, making SPoD an 81 dmg move with better oki than just trying to guess rising kicks, or losing momentum. Be warned tho, you're pretty far away. Like the distance of an unbuffered SDE (666 P). BTW... I hate the wake-up game in DoA, hence all the force tech stuff i try instead of going for max dmg, lol.

Speaking of force techs... a li'l more magic here:

Mid weights:
NH :H+K:(KNEE!), :4::P:, :3::H+K::P+K: (on light weights, add :2::P: before :4::P:.)
CH :6::6::6::P:, :H+K:(KNEE!), :2_::3::P+K: (If you're not somewhat close on 666 P CH, KNEE! whiffs.)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
after SPoD (P+K...) you can dash shoulder ram for extra dmg, and pick them up. It's guaranteed if done quickly, making SPoD an 81 dmg move with better oki than just trying to guess rising kicks, or losing momentum. Be warned tho, you're pretty far away. Like the distance of an unbuffered SDE (666 P).

I'll have to try that. I assume when you say shoulder ram you mean :6::6::6::P:? I hadn't thought about following it up because of the distance they get thrown and the fact that I take a mental break to stroke my ego after executing the move for a hot second.

I've also found a way to bait people into blocking. If you come at them with a :6::6::P: and immediately follow it up with a :4: :6::P:, and when I say follow it up, I mean start putting the inputs in for the move before :6::6::P: finishes, you'll catch many people in the palm to follow up with :2::P:, :2_::4::6::P:. Eventually a cautious player will continue to hold block anticipating the :4: :6::P:. At this point, go for the guard break throw combo after :6::6::P:. I pulled it off once last night (after many input fails), but it was my first night learning the move. :236::P+K::4::3::P+K::236::P::4::6::P+K:.

Dat Nyucah

I'll have to try that. I assume when you say shoulder ram you mean :6::6::6::P:? I hadn't thought about following it up because of the distance they get thrown and the fact that I take a mental break to stroke my ego after executing the move for a hot second.

By Shoulder Ram, I meant :2_::3::P+K:. But because you're dashing first, the input is more like :6::6::~::3_::P+K:.

Dat Nyucah

It's hard to do online, because the timing is weird. Try it in training mode. You have to dash as soon as you recover from SPoD. Because there is lag online, it proves difficult to time it. If it whiffs , the common issues are not being close enough after the dash, dashing too long, or not dashing soon enough. For those that play Eliot... the input timing is like doing his instant :3_::P: (i3ph)

Zeo

What is Akira's highest damaging launch combo after a critical burst (no walls)?

I find myself doing (on Mid/Lights) either: :3::3::P:, :6_::P:,:6_::P:, :6::K::P:, :4::6::6::P+K:

or (:h: ):+::K:, :6::6::K:, :P:, :6::6::K:, :2::P:, :3::4::6::P:.

Dat Nyucah

What I found from the starter :214::P:, :3::K:, :P:, :6::6::P+K::

Max DMG Mid/Light weights:
:H+K: (KNEE!), :H+K: (KNEE!), :6_: :P:, :H+K: (KNEE!), :6_::P:, :4::6::6::P+K: 115 pts
or
:H+K: (KNEE!), :H+K: (KNEE!), :6_: :P:, :H+K: (KNEE!), :3::H+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K: 115 pts

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
After watching the tournament stuff posted on the front page this week, I adopted Alex's combo off of :4::P:, :P+K:, and changed the last hit due to like 8 more points of damage.

:4::P:, :P+K:, :6_::P:, :H*+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K:

Dat Nyucah

After watching the tournament stuff posted on the front page this week, I adopted Alex's combo off of :4::P:, :P+K:, and changed the last hit due to like 8 more points of damage.

:4::P:, :P+K:, :6_::P:, :H*+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K:

I like that combo too, but because of spacing, sometimes the KNEE! whiffs, lol. Against mid weights I skip the :6_::P:, and end with :3::H+K:, :P+K:. You sacrifice a bit of damage, but you gain much better oki.

HeROiiCs

Still very new to Akira and unable to execute the KNEE! Looking for a fairly easy to execute juggle.
So far im using :3::3::P::5::P::5::214::P::5::2::P::5::3_::6::P::P:
Thanks for all suggestions.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I like that combo too, but because of spacing, sometimes the KNEE! whiffs, lol. Against mid weights I skip the :6_::P:, and end with :3::H+K:, :P+K:. You sacrifice a bit of damage, but you gain much better oki.
The one time we did play, I noticed that you did use :3::H+K:, :P+K: a lot. I'd like to play some matches again and experience how you use that variant again. I've gotten better since last time we played and any new trick is welcome.

wh0dat1234

After getting a critical stun, you can do:​
:H*+K:, :H*+K:, :P:, :H*+K:, :3: :H+K: :P+K:
to get a guaranteed force tech. I haven't really tested it much but I believe it works for every weight class besides heavy. It also won't work if the critical stun is red.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD