Any early netcode impressions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikodomo

I guess it's because you're both in california.
Yup. Leaving less than 50 miles apart always helps! That's why everyone should move to socal so we all can get great connections.
You can't rematch, but it's set to 3 rounds. Simple match or quick match is set to 2 rounds

Rubedood

I might play with you guys tomorrow. I'll hit you up if I can do it. I'd really like to know how the online is.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I think it would be funny if everyone who got the game before the RELEASE DATE got banned online. Justice would be served...
Except for the part where you can't be banned for buying and playing a game. Street dates aren't legally binding for anyone. At most the distributor who sent some of the games to the stores that ultimately sold it will be slapped with sanctions by Tecmo Koei. Try not to take everything so seriously and have yourself a bowl of Lucky Charms.

On topic, what I played was significantly worse than DoA4's online experience. This during a period of time where there are perhaps 100 copies being played. Servers should be buttery smooth right now and they're a travesty. I've heard rumblings of a day one patch, so here's to hoping. It better fix that and the fact that your language choice for spoken dialogue resets every time you exit the game...that's an annoying one.

TheTHCGamer

Even though there werent many rooms available its was always nice to have the option in VF5FS to get some friends together in a lobby and the game still played smooth online. I wouldve liked if sega helped out TN when it came to online play and online features. One way to get really good at a game by playing online is to have a room full of players and discussing the matches.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
If I were a betting man, I'd say that this thread will be merged with the existing discussion on netcode soonish. So..I'm not going to reiterate what I already posted there beyond saying the online is pretty much garbage.

TheTHCGamer

Those of you playing online what console are you playing on? If its the 360 im even more worried because a lot more people use a wired connection on LIVE. I play my fighting games on my PS3 so im not looking forward to play people with terrible wireless connections. Either way theres absolutely no excuse for poor online play since games like VF5FS and TTT2 play so great online.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Those of you playing online what console are you playing on? If its the 360 im even more worried because a lot more people use a wired connection on LIVE. I play my fighting games on my PS3 so im not looking forward to play people with terrible wireless connections. Either way theres absolutely no excuse for poor online play since games like VF5FS and TTT2 play so great online.
360 here.

riceman789

so can you say at least say its a lil better than doa 4 or the same. Sorry if its a stupid question, but its just out of curiosity. :)

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Worse. By a lot. But to be fair, I've only played two different people online so far. My gripe is that they were only a few states over from me and it was damn near unplayable.

PhoenixVFIRE

Lobby matches are non ranked :(. I really liked joining lobbies and trying to beat that one guy who has been beating everyone and getting tons of points.
While I definitely understand where you're coming from with that, I've come across so many players that would rather not have ranked matches AT ALL or don't care about it whatsoever, so I'm not surprised that they decided this route. Not to mention, having achievements attached to grades wasn't well liked either from what I've seen.

riceman789

Worse. By a lot. But to be fair, I've only played two different people online so far. My gripe is that they were only a few states over from me and it was damn near unplayable.
wow, well hopefully in the future they can fix that but I guess for me I have to get use to it and take it each by a grain of salt.

TheTHCGamer

Except for the part where you can't be banned for buying and playing a game. Street dates aren't legally binding for anyone. At most the distributor who sent some of the games to the stores that ultimately sold it will be slapped with sanctions by Tecmo Koei. Try not to take everything so seriously and have yourself a bowl of Lucky Charms.

On topic, what I played was significantly worse than DoA4's online experience. This during a period of time where there are perhaps 100 copies being played. Servers should be buttery smooth right now and they're a travesty. I've heard rumblings of a day one patch, so here's to hoping. It better fix that and the fact that your language choice for spoken dialogue resets every time you exit the game...that's an annoying one.
I for one am glad people are playing this online already and are giving us some insight so some of us can save our money if the game ends up playing like crap online. Id also like that ask where have you heard these these rumblings of a day one patch because from what ive read i really hope that is the case.

Then again some patches that improved online play didnt improve the games much and case in point both KOF's games released this gen. On top of that TEKKEN 6 didnt end up playing much better online after its patch. I really hope if a patch is released that its a significant improvment with how the game is currently playing online.

AKNova7

Hey, pro guys. Get this fixed asap please if you can! Also, if the code is worse than DOAO, that's when I'm really upset. Not gonna lie, lol.

Chaos

What!?! No rematch? Getting ranked only by playing 1 on 1 matches? I have to say that Im really hurt about this. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD