[Aug 18, 2012] I’m a Fighter World Championship: Round 2 (San Mateo, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenren

dare I say largest DOA tournament so far lol pretty good, sad that SL lost out but glad RyuJin took it

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
"the guy" <crazysteady, I believe> looked to have his shit together. He was fun to watch!

Yeah, I saw two of his fights. Can't remember who he used in the first one that I saw, but I know he did really well, and won. In the second fight of his that I saw, he was using Tina, and played very impressively.

Tones

Premium Donor
Or no Brad players were there or were confident enough with him :/
Agreed

I wonder where Jan Lee sits in the tier list after that. I think that dragon side stance was just making the guys choke more than anything.

Awesome watching the guys play and a well done to RyuJin for coming home with the win!

Ooobe

Yeah, I saw two of his fights. Can't remember who he used in the first one that I saw, but I know he did really well, and won. In the second fight of his that I saw, he was using Tina, and played very impressively.
He used Sarah, La Mariposa and Tina - all well :)

Too bad they didn't streamed the losers bracket, Silent Legend, Swozzie and Crazysteady(legs i think) Rig, Tina, Kasumi.

I agree. I bet there were some epic matches that you had to be there to catch. You could always watch the winners after:)

Chaos

The slower gameplay makes me worried, but it look so damn awesome. :) As long the d-pad & the buttons timing isnt clunky, THIS WILL BE REMEMBERED AS A OLD SCHOOL CLASSIC ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!! AND GET MUCH LOVE FROM NEW COMERS & FROM DOA FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST 7 MORE WEEKS & ITS GOING TO GET HYPE!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!! HATERS FALL, DOA FANS STANDS TALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VICTROY WILL BE OURS!!!!!!!!!!! :)

RhythmikDesigns

Unless I was just seeing things, did they bring back the high wake up kick?It looks like Silent Legend did it a few times in his Zack vs. Rig match.

AegisOrnus

damn. im tired.
You were awesome, Rikuto. You had me chuckling quite a bit. I also hope clan-type matches come back for DOA5.

I can't get over how amazing this game felt. Every character feels fresh and repurposed. Controls feel responsive and not out of control/loose.Stuns and counters seem to be treated fairly; yes, the defender has opportunities to escape an offense but it never seemed to completely undermine the control of the attacker as is the case with DOA4. Sept 25th can't get here soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD