Bayman Q/A

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
This move lost its true purpose during development. Originally, the 2h+p variant was unbreakable but did slightly less damage. That said, it still has uses, though you're going to have to get to a pretty high level before they become apparent.

Bayman abuses OH's off of a lot of okizeme setups, and at the highest levels of this game you'll have people trying to throw you out of your DDT on reaction... which can obviously hurt a lot. It requires a mix of testicular fortitude and good reaction time for anyone to actually do this. its rare, mind you, but these people do exist. You won't find them online, either. Having any variation in animation helps you to confuse their senses and reaction, and since the opening animation is quite different than the DDT this helps fuck with them quite well.

As for the variations? Some people are very, very good at getting out of the multi-holds... the break timing is very pronounced for the DDT inparticular, and there is a major delay inbetween the "Cracks" that make it easy for a defender to figure out. But nobody can have perfect timing with every animation. Having two separate variations helps to throw off defender throw break timing quite a bit, depending on who it is you are fighting. Personally I opt for 46h+p then the 4h+p 2h+p variant. Something about the overall jerky animation tends to jostle with most defenders reaction time.

shinryu

That sucks, it would have been cool to have an unbreakable. Guess that's one of those scary guaranteed damage things we can't have. We can't have a lot of nice things.

Is there any difference in the frame advantage on breaks? Or is it always +3 for any of his OH if they're escaped?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
same for all as far as im aware. some leave you too far away to truly take advantage of it though.

Genereaver

Could someone please write down all bayman's crushes? (the input and what level do they crush?)
:9::P: : crushes low in the middle frames, but can still be hit low before the active frames so you have to be careful
:4::P+K: : crushes high in the middle frames, can still he hit high before reaching the crush frames
:1::P: : crushes high from frame one, hits low. Amazing move.
:2::H+K: : Crushes high.
:6::6::K: : I believe crushes High in the late and active frames.

Those are all the ones I know of; Rikuto will probably have a better list.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I have a quick question. I think I saw the classic Bayman outfit (the one with the red berret) in a DOA5 gameplay video, but I've gotten almost all DLC costumes except the christmas ones and still don't have it. Where is it or did I hallucinate? Help much appreciated.

Brute

Standard Donor
I have a quick question. I think I saw the classic Bayman outfit (the one with the red berret) in a DOA5 gameplay video, but I've gotten almost all DLC costumes except the christmas ones and still don't have it. Where is it or did I hallucinate? Help much appreciated.
It was in the very first DLC pack released (the one that was free).
As far as I know, it's still free for download on both XBL and PSN.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

It was in the very first DLC pack released (the one that was free).
As far as I know, it's still free for download on both XBL and PSN.

What?! But I of course have that pack and still not that costume. All I got was that stupid scuba gear set!
I'll try installing it again. Thanx.

Brute

Standard Donor
What?! But I of course have that pack and still not that costume. All I got was that stupid scuba gear set!
The scuba gear was not DLC, and is just a regular in-game unlock.

Try re-downloading the pack, because it's definitely in the same batch that has Helena's classic red opera outfit.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

The scuba gear was not DLC, and is just a regular in-game unlock.

Try re-downloading the pack, because it's definitely in the same batch that has Helena's classic red opera outfit.

OK that solved it, turns out I didn't have any of those costumes. I guess something had just gone wrong with the download. Thanks again.

Brute

Standard Donor
OK that solved it, turns out I didn't have any of those costumes. I guess something had just gone wrong with the download. Thanks again.
No problem. That's my favorite Bayman outfit, so it would be a shame not to have it.
Enjoy.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
nothing important,but why do people use Bayman's 46T 2T 22T. over his easier to perform(imo) 46T 4T 2T. despite having the same amount of damage?

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I was hoping I could find some BnB combos for Bayman. What juggles should I be doing after :236::P:, :3::3::P:, etc. I know this is a rather broad request, but I'm trying to make Bayman my 2nd character and I'm kind of wandering in the dark with no real means of execution.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
The only thing i don't like right now is that online, I can't find the one place to punish (You know, it's horrible to live in UK on DOA, lag and all?) Because when I'm playing people from US, and ANYWHERE else, they do the move, I block, but because the moves have bad recovery, I got to throw (or :P::P::K::5::2::H+P: guaranteed string) but the GRAB FOR THROW comes out 1.5 seconds LATE and costs me the match. Anyways, on to the question. I'm having trouble with "Jumpy" opponents like Kasumi and Lisa, I only know that :3::P: is fast enough to counter those specific jump attacks. Can anybody tell me more? I've only gotten into him since the streak that I had (Yesterday) and have never really gone into depth with him properly. Any basic strategies???

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD