Character Select screen leak

Lycanthrope -R-

I think you should learn how to count. We have 26 characters for the base game, I believe that one of those characters won’t get a dlc costume, either phase or raidou.
It's gonna be Nyotengu left out. If you don't preorder the game, you don't get Nyotengu even if you buy the deluxe. So, you'd end up with a Nyo costume with no actual character if they gave her a wrestling outfit.

N1ce Dreams

They showed Eliot use Gen Fu's moves in his trailer but it doesn't look like Phase 4 got any of Alpha's attacks. Their game play is very different too so I don't think Phase 4 will get any of Alpha's attacks. Even if Alpha-152 becomes Phase 4, they could still show that in the story mode so you could fight Alpha-152 and then her improved Phase 4 form.
True, but that was one trailer of Phase 4, that showed only a small fraction of her move set. Also that Break blow she done at the end looks kinda like Alphas air attack.

P2p1mbs

Momiji and Rachel are pretty much locks for 2 of those 3 slots. That leaves Leon, Ein, Gen Fu and Alpha.

As disappointed I am that Rachel and Momiji they are not in the main release, them being DLC is fine with me especially since it seems like even DLC characters will have be featured in the story. as for the last slot, I would say its Gen Fu since he tends to be a higher priority character than Leon or Ein (he was in the initial release of 5 unlike them after all).

1 Month is too looooooooooooooong :p .

Its just a month, don't be so impatient :rolleyes:

Addictrian

As disappointed I am that Rachel and Momiji they are not in the main release, them being DLC is fine with me especially since it seems like even DLC characters will have be featured in the story. as for the last slot, I would say its Gen Fu since he tends to be a higher priority character than Leon or Ein (he was in the initial release of 5 unlike them after all).

Its just a month, don't be so impatient :rolleyes:
Let me be impatient or whatever i want :p .......................im so excited that i just cant hide it ..........da da da da da =)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
They showed Eliot use Gen Fu's moves in his trailer but it doesn't look like Phase 4 got any of Alpha's attacks. Their game play is very different too so I don't think Phase 4 will get any of Alpha's attacks. Even if Alpha-152 becomes Phase 4, they could still show that in the story mode so you could fight Alpha-152 and then her improved Phase 4 form.
Honoka and Raidou also got Gen fu’s moves but I don’t see him anywhere. Alpha got a recycled moveset of Kasumi with only a handful original moves. There’s really nothing of Alpha’s moveset that Phase needs. Just because characters have shared moves does not mean one of them is returning when they’re cut from the roster. Phase was meant to replace Alpha. Phase 4 is the 4th phase of M.I.S.T’s project Alpha. Alpha got killed in the story for a reason, Alpha returning only would only shit on her own story. Alpha has been a end/mid boss for 2 games straight, it’s about time we got rid of her. Alpha-152 really adds no value to the story/game anymore. Characters like Kiryu, Leon, Momiji and Rachel deserve to be in 6 more than anyone else.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Pretty sure Momiji and Rachel are coming as DLC. It'd be a shame if Leon, Fu and Ein never came back though, they're all historic and very important characters.

Alpha-152 can rot in hell though.
Whats so important about them? Neither of them have a purpose to join the DOA tournaments. They’re filler characters, they all had a reason to be in DOA but not anymore. Their only purpose is to be filler characters for gameplay at this point.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Whats so important about them? Neither of them have a purpose to join the DOA tournaments. They’re filler characters, they all had a reason to be in DOA but not anymore. Their only purpose is to be filler characters for gameplay at this point.

I think the important thing about them is that they make players happy. A month from now when the story doesn't mean a god dammed thing to the relevance of the replay value they should all be considered as DLC. Why is Smash Bros Switch getting everyone happy? Because the entire roster is available to them.

And I see the conversion very similar. Smash for Switch mechanically is a perfected version of Wii U. I would recommend being more supportive of the content players would like to see instead of shrugging them off so easily like their investment never mattered.

Ninoasker

I think the important thing about them is that they make players happy. A month from now when the story doesn't mean a god dammed thing to the relevance of the replay value they should all be considered as DLC. Why is Smash Bros Switch getting everyone happy? Because the entire roster is available to them.

And I see the conversion very similar. Smash for Switch mechanically is a perfected version of Wii U. I would recommend being more supportive of the content players would like to see instead of shrugging them off so easily like their investment never mattered.
This. People just LOVE to see their favorite characters back. And let’s be real, after a month, you just forget about the story mode once you’ve cleared it. Characters is what make Fighting games popular, since a roster of good characters that gets people’s attention will have more popularity than games that don’t, and as more entries get released it becomes a shame to see old characters being replaced by new ones, especially if you joined that franchise with an older game. However, adding new + bringing old ones back is always more of a win-win than just go with the novelty. Smash Ultimate is swimming on money as we speak because they did this perfectly: They brought the classics (including those forgotten years ago such as Young Link of Pichu), added some new characters (a mix of some that have been requested by the fans for YEARS like Ridley and some that are novelty for the “new kiddos tm” like Incineroar) and that’s it, commercial success because of the amount of old and new players that purchased the game because their favorite characters are back.

Sorry, but questioning if Leon, Momiji and Rachel are that relevant for the story to return as DLC is just a bad choice. I could understand if they were dead like Alpha, but they are not. They can still return even if they don’t add anything new to the story bc like I said, we will forget about story mode after we beat it lol. I’ll take a roster with my fav characters for a game that 95% of my play time will be in Arcade & Online than a Story mode that will only contribute to a 5% of my play time.

juliusxcix

youre speaking as if momiji and rachel have a role in the story LMFAOOO. if you can do the mental gymnastics to somehow include those two before Alpha-152..... idk what to say.

TRI Mike

Well I personally couldn’t care less about the story. The three of them have a lot of fans, good fighting style and are historic characters. Part of the franchise’s identity.

prototypetom

Glad this is a floating grid. You couldn't have a more flexible design for adding rows, columns, cells.
Over the lifespan of the game we're not limited to 3 new slots before a + version necisserily.
Considering the passion publishers have for DLC these days, who knows.

CFW

We love a filler character with no story being in base roster. A legend. An icon.
But for real the character placement gives me anxiety it’s a lil messy.

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

But for real the character placement gives me anxiety it’s a lil messy.

Do you mean the layout of characters and their relations to each other? The previous games' having the characters arranged horizontally made thing easier in that regard.

The layout for 5 was OK for the initial release and Ultimate but got messed up in Last Round due to more characters.

Saro

This could mean they still will have to modify a bit the design right after the first 3 DLC (they could maybe even get rid of the dices for a 4th).

Could this mean the DLC will be released at a very slow pace?

Atahotaku

youre speaking as if momiji and rachel have a role in the story LMFAOOO. if you can do the mental gymnastics to somehow include those two before Alpha-152..... idk what to say.
Rachel: After one of his bases was blown up, Donovan finds a new lair for his plans in the Vigor Empire, where he discovers some high fiend's corpse who can help him improve his human modified weapons. Rachel joins Ryu Hayabusa one more time to protect her country from a new maniac.

Momiji: The Mugen Tenshin and Hayabusha clans join forces to confront Donovan one more time. Being worry about her master's mission, Momiji secretly joins the battle.

There you have it, "mental gymnastics"

Meanwhile, Alpha: Why even bother reviving and old and obsolet weapon when I'm already in the Phase-4 part of my master plan?

And~~ that's it xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This could mean they still will have to modify a bit the design right after the first 3 DLC (they could maybe even get rid of the dices for a 4th).

Could this mean the DLC will be released at a very slow pace?
Probably but then again character DLC in LR was pretty spaced out, Naotora was released on March 17th of 2017 and Mai came out September 13th.

But they could also do the 5U release speed if they already have the characters ready since Marie came on March 2014, Phase 4 came in June and Nyo was released in September. I hope they go with the 5 Ultimate release set up since that only means waiting three months per character

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD