Community Save Yourself

vINv

People have told me that tekken tag2 mk9 street fighterxTekken and doa is a pool with persona and few other games its not looking goood stupid TN :/

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
People have told me that tekken tag2 mk9 street fighterxTekken and doa is a pool with persona and few other games its not looking goood stupid TN :/

Team Ninja had nothing to do with the decision to not have DOA 5 at Evo. They don't pick what games go in the lineup. That was the TO's decision.

ErickBello

Hmm they single handely ruining this game its not even going to evo
Going to Evo is more a thing of community than the game itself, if Even Melty Blood went to EVO... and UNDER NIGHT iN BIRTH is likely to go to SBO (Japanese EVO.)

TN need to get their Shit Straight, not trying to please everybody.
Pleasing everybody results on critical failure.

Berzerk!

When was the last MK9 and P4A 100+ major?

And then you have VF5FS, that DID get over 100, AT EVO last year, and wasn't selected.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

And then you have VF5FS, that DID get over 100, AT EVO last year, and wasn't selected.

That's just because SFxT v2013 is out. It's obviously a much better game than VF5FS, besides they needed more 2D Fighters. The lineup has enough 3D ones.

Edit for vINv: [/sarcasm]

vINv

Disagree most tekken players myself included think sxt is a trashy game vffs is a far supior game sxt is way to masher friendly and to easy to play vf is probally the most complex fighter on the market and i have played them all vfs mechanics are way more advanced

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Disagree most tekken players myself included think sxt is a trashy game vffs is a far supior game sxt is way to masher friendly and to easy to play vf is probally the most complex fighter on the market and i have played them all vfs mechanics are way more advanced

I have edited my previous post for you with an addendum as I know it can be difficult to truly 'hear' what a person typed unless you've known them for some time.

GrandMasterson

MK9 got about 120 at NEC in December. Also, 100 for a main stage Evo game is nothing. Sadly just not enough people play VF.

I also find it funny that a few of you are blaming TN for DoA5 lack of success? Hahahahaha.

Seriously, this community needs to ORGANIZE and GET OFF ITS DEAD ASS AND GO TO TOURNAMENTS. You have no one to blame but yourselves. Also, FSD has, what, like 2 front page stories a week? It should be 2 front page stories a day. Hyping up local scenes, tournaments, new character tech and strategies, match up discussions, where is it?? HELLO MODERATORS, WHERE'S THE WINTER BRAWL 7 FRONT PAGE ANNOUNCEMENTS AND HYPE?!?!?!?! DOA5 IS IN AND IT'S IN 2 DAMN WEEKS!!!!!! Do any of you actually like this game?!?!

Want to know why MK9 made it in for a 3rd year in a row at Evo and DoA5 didn't even get a first chance? Because the MK community actually SHOWS UP. You all need to stop being whiny babies blaming Team Ninja, the netcode, the character balance, the rest of the fighting game community, come together as a community and
STEP IT
THE FUCK
UP

Raansu

MK9 got about 120 at NEC in December. Also, 100 for a main stage Evo game is nothing. Sadly just not enough people play VF.

I also find it funny that a few of you are blaming TN for DoA5 lack of success? Hahahahaha.

Seriously, this community needs to ORGANIZE and GET OFF ITS DEAD ASS AND GO TO TOURNAMENTS. You have no one to blame but yourselves. Also, FSD has, what, like 2 front page stories a week? It should be 2 front page stories a day. Hyping up local scenes, tournaments, new character tech and strategies, match up discussions, where is it?? HELLO MODERATORS, WHERE'S THE WINTER BRAWL 7 FRONT PAGE ANNOUNCEMENTS AND HYPE?!?!?!?! DOA5 IS IN AND IT'S IN 2 DAMN WEEKS!!!!!! Do any of you actually like this game?!?!

Want to know why MK9 made it in for a 3rd year in a row at Evo and DoA5 didn't even get a first chance? Because the MK community actually SHOWS UP. You all need to stop being whiny babies blaming Team Ninja, the netcode, the character balance, the rest of the fighting game community, come together as a community and
STEP IT
THE FUCK
UP

Hard to promote a game that

1) Isn't very good
2) No one wants to play unless there is money involved because the game just simply isnt very good.

Believe me, I tried to get people to play this game in Florida. We have like 30 people in the Florida DoA facebook page that no one ever uses. CEO has hosted DoA 3 times now and less people showed up each time. No, the community isn't to blame, it's TN for butchering a franchise that was once great. Can't force a community to play a game that they don't want to play because TN refuses to go back to its roots.

Tell me, how many old school DoA players can you name that stuck around from DoA2U all the way through 4 till now? The majority of the well known players left LONG ago. A small number of them came back for five and didn't stick around for long because of the inherent flaws of DoA5's core mechanics. This game creates a love/hate relationship. We all love DoA, but many of us hate what it has become.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Tell me, how many old school DoA players can you name that stuck around from DoA2U all the way through 4 till now? The majority of the well known players left LONG ago. A small number of them came back for five and didn't stick around for long because of the inherent flaws of DoA5's core mechanics.

Which ones came back and left?

I remember Ryujin and Silent Legend coming back, even telling Shimbori and Peter at the launch party that this is the best they have done a really good job on the game and it's some of their best work.

Something Unique even came back after disappearing even half-way through DOA2U, and he currently is in flux over his character changes but even when he says he's done with the game he still comes online to play it.

Let's be serious here for a second. Dead or Alive 5 is a good entry in the series. Team NINJA made a game that they wanted to make, listened to a LOT of feedback when previously they would listen to 0% of it. Specifically, they returned natural combos, wall hits no longer allowing holds after being hit into them, you can't hold or stagger escape out of guard breaks, active frames of holds have been decreased and recovery increased even more so in stun, you still have guaranteed combos and juggles, normal hit launch height has been increased - not to the levels of DOA2/3 but enough to get at least a small juggle in, if you want to be greedy and get an even higher juggle then you can risk playing the stun game, a sidestep system has been officially added instead of just the free step system and even has moves that are free step-able that aren't side step-able, damage on holds has been on the average decreased while providing more options to hold with advanced holds, some abusive holds such as the izuna drop have been made advanced holds due to the reward they receive, and that's just the system changes off the top of my head. We're not even talking about the casual things such as separating the ranked and non-ranked options.

In my opinion, DOA5 is up there for me with DOA3.1. I can't say it's better or worse because the game hasn't even been out for a year yet. DOA3.1's game changed after a few years.

Your problem right now is that you haven't been able to adapt to your character in the game. She's been changed to a single strike or throw mix-up character instead of a string-based DOA4 stun game character. Yes, you lost your 6H+P 46P guaranteed combo, but she's the queen of whiff punishing and knocking into the walls. Yes, Bass doesn't play like his DOA3 counterpart, but I've been able to delve in and find some other way to fuck people's shit up. It required me to not look at the face value of the game and say "This isn't DOA3! ARGH! THIS GAME SUCKS! *throws controller at the wall*" but actually learn the system that was present and how my character fit in it.

So please, stop. Just. Stop. Your local community is especially not going to grow if you're constantly screaming at people that "THIS GAME FUCKING SUCKS!". Up here in the Maryland local scene I've only had maybe 4 people join up, but that's 4 people more than there were 4 years ago. It takes time, dedication, and patience. Bitching and moaning will not help you here. Meanwhile, the tournament numbers of the North East Coast have increased each major tournament, and Massachusetts has grown a nice scene that has shown some serious promise. The entire scene also traveled down together to NEC and got to show its muscle.

Again, get serious people and don't expect Team NINJA to baby feed you your own damn scene. They don't require the scene to be there because they're making more money off the non-competitive scene, and they've made it this far without it. Dead or Alive 5 is a far far far better game than Dead or Alive 4, and you should sit down, shut up, play it, and see what it has to offer as it ages.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD