Compilation of Character Stills

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
No, because when the stills from the Alpha build came out she was the only one that didn't get one. Everyone assumed it was because Hitomi had a million complaints, they were right.

Oh, that's right. I remember that now. That's a shame. It would've been cool to have one just for the historic sake of it. Years from now, we could still have that still and see what she was originally supposed to look like.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
You could simply never delete the Alpha Demo. That's what I'm gonna do.

I don't intend to delete it either. I found this though. This is the closest thing we have to an alpha Hitomi still.
Dead or Alive 5 Alpha Hitomi.jpg

PhoenixVFIRE

I don't intend to delete it either. I found this though. This is the closest thing we have to an alpha Hitomi still.
I'm not going to lie, the first time I saw that pic of Hitomi, I was not really happy about her looks, I felt sorta(not as much) the same way about Hayate too. I really like Hitomi's new look more, but I've gotten used to Hayate's look(which would have probably happened for Hitomi too, if they didn't change it). I felt like Kasumi, Ryu, and Ayane's makeovers were just awesome compared to Hayate and Hitomi.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm not going to lie, the first time I saw that pic of Hitomi, I was not really happy about her looks, I felt sorta(not as much) the same way about Hayate too. I really like Hitomi's new look more, but I've gotten used to Hayate's look(which would have probably happened for Hitomi too, if they didn't change it).

I felt that way about Hitomi too. I thought that at certain angles she looked cute, but was overall fairly ugly. I'm sure I would've gotten used to it over time though, like you said. In fact, looking back at this old alpha Hitomi, I kind of like it now for some reason. I'm not sure if I'm happy about them changing her anymore, though I greatly appreciate that TN listened to us.

I think Alpha Hitomi looked just fine to be honest ..
The new one looks like a toy ...

I wish theres an option to change her face in the options ... lol that would be hilarious. :p

As I mentioned above, I kind of like her now, myself. I would also really like the option to change to her alpha face, but it would be weird to actually include that, and I don't see it happening. I like the new Hitomi too, though, so I'll be fine.

Lobo

Updated original post with Mila.

Very Nice! Couldn't help but notice that the stills were in alphabetical order until it hit Rig/Mila.

It's gonna be between those 2 for my 3rd, especially since Mila is looking a lot like Leon who was my third in DOA4

Stikku

The alpha hitomi had many complaints based off that picture right there, which is really unfortunate because that picture didn't actually accurately depict alpha hitomi. That wasn't an in-game screenshot, that was a separate rendering of a pose.

Alpha hitomi in that picture doesn't actually look like alpha hitomi in-game. Team Ninja just really fucked up a render. It's so infuriating how incompetent they are.

Funny-side-of-Olympic-div-001.jpg

Here's a photo of an olympic diver in the middle of a jump. Looks awfully goofy doesn't he?
Certainly it wouldn't be a facebook photo, to say the least.

Kinda the same thing with hitomi. It just wasn't a good photo, which is rather silly considering Team Ninja built an engine, modeled characters, and created a world that would allow them to show any glory they wished.

TRI Mike

Are you really making such an analysis over how a video game girl looks from a version of the game to another¿

Seriously... she looks nice in both. Focus on being actually good with her. It's not like her fave is gonna affect her gameplay.

Stikku

I'm making an analysis that Team Ninja listened to community complaints not based on a legitimate reason of crafting a character that didn't fit the tastes of the community, but for the reason of crafting a character then sending the model off to the PR department without a proper facial rig.

By the way, we have something called "free speech" here in America, TRI Mike.

I'm not reproaching them for aiming to please the community.
I'm reproaching them for making an obvious mistake with a character render, then actually changing her face rather than releasing a new shot with her face actually rigged for animation. But at that point, after making such a mistake that made it past the PR, it's hard to go back and just re-release a picture.

It sucks, but it just goes to show that TN has made a few mistakes.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD