Day 10 of IPL's 12 Days of DOA: Game Play Footage Set 1

Day 10 of IGN Pro League's 12 Days of Dead or Alive 5 has arrived. Today they bring a few game play matches from their staff of players who have had some time with the August game build.

The characters in battle are Ayane, Bass, Eliot, Hayate, La Mariposa, Jann Lee, Lei Fang, and Rig. We also get to see the new stage "Home" and the tigers are finally shown off in "The Show". Personally, the tigers don't look anywhere near as annoying as Dead or Alive 4's cheetah because they are triggered by hitting the wall danger zone and the ring master announces their departure. You be the judge. All the matches from set one are on display below, but be sure to check out more info from doa.ign.com. My personal favorites are the Jann Lee & Hayate matches, and any match that has Bass winning. What can I say? I'm a pro wrestling fan. I just wish I could have seen his F5.

As i see, DoA 5 is Virtuafighterizing :eek:
-Useful Side Steps
-Interruptible strings with a simple block.
-Faster holds.
-Less common critical jabs, unlike DoA 4. (obviating the CB)
-Akira and Sarah lol

I. There were no critical jabs in doa4 unless it was a high counter, or they were used on an opponent still stunned.
II. Holds as we know them in doa dont even exist on virtua fighter...
III. Holds didnt get faster in DOA5, the recovery was just NOT increased

Regardless on your opinion on hold recovery, punishment, etc. (everyones entitled to their opinion), do you have any clue on what you are talking about man?

Like not everyone has to know everything about fighting games, and im not shitting on anyone cuz of that but... if someone has no clue, wouldnt the smart thing to do be to stop saying errr... clueless stuff?

TN is crying in their bed like a girl, because a guy with a german nick, doesn't like the fast recovery of the holds.

Why cant people just have fun when playing Fighting Games? Why so serious? Man it eats at my heart the way yall gettin angry over the littlest of things. ITS JUST A GAME! YOU DONT HAVE TO PLAY IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO!
NEWSFLASH: Everyone finds the game fun differently. Some people find it fun to have a very nice solid game on their hands and some don't care. DOA is fun for different reasons to different people, just like ANY OTHER GAME. /mindblown

I could say DOA is fun because of the cool costumes.
I could say DOA is fun because of the guessing aspect that's more prominent than any other fighter.
I could say DOA is fun because of the big boobs.
I could say DOA is fun because of ALMOST everything about the game, but I wished it would fix certain issues with itself so the game can be taken a bit more seriously within the Fighting Game Community and be a much more tournament worthy game, so that I(anyone) can play this game at a tournament that has a nice turnout.

They're serious because they can be and because they want that last line I just said. Why is it so hard for you people to get that through your head? Did you forget that this is FSD.com aka competitive DOA website, where people have fun being super good at DOA and not just mediocre?

damn look at is bass doing that scott steiner pose. im not really liking what i'm seeing from eliot in those vids, hes like a 1:1 copy of DOA4 eliot and still seems to have his predictable strings of multiple mid punches and crappy lows and relies on string delays and baiting counters.

that quick high poke he does seems new and look like it can interrupt a lot of shit...wish it was a mid though. overall the videos didn't really show off any of the doa5 mechanics and could be mistaken for doa4.5. im still looking forward to try it out myself but sadly it won't be a day one buy for me and i'll give it a rent first to see if they didn't drop the ball.

Why cant people just have fun when playing Fighting Games? Why so serious? Man it eats at my heart the way yall gettin angry over the littlest of things. ITS JUST A GAME! YOU DONT HAVE TO PLAY IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO!

Fun is subjective. DoA3.1 was fun. DoA2 was fun. DoA4 makes me want to punch a hole in the wall. If we get another DoA4 I'm not going to play the game. I can't deal with another trash DoA game for 6 more years.

You make may day man. I love you...

thanks bro

EDIT: if u got nething more to say besides discussing gameplay though, send a pm, ill be sure to ignore it. Too old for this shit.

Anything gameplay related though, please go ahead, thats what these forums are for ^_^

2nd EDIT: Of course you made me mad, why would i deny it. I really like DoA as a franchise and think it has a lot of potential, and it kills me to see stuff in it that i KNOW will keep it from becoming a major game in the FGC, id love to see DOA5 at EVO, and seeing stuff that, imo, will keep it from getting there makes me sad. Then reading how some people actually defend those mechanics which in my opinion keep the game from being as good as it can really pisses me off. Cuz i already invested a TON on this franchise. So yeah, i got mad, course i did.

Lets call it a day and keep it gameplay related

Now finally i can see the video. Mariposa's move in 0:06 ( :8: :P: :4: :P: ) how many frames have? It's slow like a snail, obviously can be blocked after a failed hold. It's takes 17/20 frames at least to execute, and if we add the 10/100 that was neutral, without attacking, it all makes sense....what a wasted time in this thread.

Check out the Rig vs Eliot match, Rig does the same but by doing a low hold, he actually does a high hold i believe, gets hit out of it, low holds exactly after the punish, and recovers to block the next mid.

I think its a problem

Now finally i can see the video. Mariposa's move in 0:06 ( :8: :P: :4: :P: ) how many frames have? It's slow like a snail, obviously can be blocked after a failed hold. It's takes 17/20 frames at least to execute, and if we add the 10/100 that was neutral, without attacking, it all makes sense....what a wasted time in this thread.

youre considering her turning around in the first place which shes not having to do. She leads into it with what looks to be a new string starting with :1::P: and ending with another mid leaving her in back turned state already.

That attack that was blocked is quite fast in itself. That part with rig is also dissapointing to see, and you can see more shenanigans from Bass v Eliot from bass, same situation although bass seems to slow to make it offensive. Still bad to see it defensivly either way.

His videos were the first ones I watched. I agree with you, he did did give off that DOA4 feel. Although the person using him really didn't do too much, or were they doing everything good that he has? Hopefully he turns out to be decent, I doubt he'll be a powerhouse like Bass, Jann Lee, or Bayman.

youre considering her turning around in the first place which shes not having to do. She leads into it with what looks to be a new string starting with :1::P: and ending with another mid leaving her in back turned state already.

That attack that was blocked is quite fast in itself. That part with rig is also dissapointing to see, and you can see more shenanigans from Bass v Eliot from bass, same situation although bass seems to slow to make it offensive. Still bad to see it defensivly either way.
No. I just mentioned the :8: :P: command. In the video, she is already back turned. I'm not blind...

You seem blind to me :p

You just said somthing along the lines of 17 frames, and i believe its shorter then that.

A normal jab, have 10 frames (more or less), and that attack is slower than a jab. Thus 17 frames seems fine. 15 being generous.

Bass's english voice is great. it would be cool if it was in like Capcom fighting games where you can mix and match english and japanese voice tracks for each character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD