Dead or Alive 5 Alpha Demo System and Character Discussions

MrMoon360

I also don't think there's a high intensity to these matches. Both players are good but they are playing casually.

Which raises the question, why would MASTER label this match as "competitve" play?
Competitive on a casual level, yes.
This is the alpha demo. This is all that should be expected of it.
Its misleading and silly in my opinion.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm not going to be banning anything until the final game is in play. You may have a problem with the shaking but I personally am able to follow everything fine when in non cinematic mode. You're free to put what rules you want in your tournaments, but the current rec of this site is for them to be on.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
No because it removes the damage from electrified walls. Electric playground stage is banned.

DrDogg

Well I know there were DOA4 tournaments with danger zones off. At this point, given the odd CGS rules and the fluctuations of WCG rules, plus the health bar debates, I'm not really sure there was any DOA4 rule standard.

I'll know well before the release of DOA5 is the screen shake is an issue. I'll play with it on and see if it can be managed, but if it can't, I'll be turning that off any way I can for tournaments. There's a reason it's banned in MK9 tournaments.

x Sypher x

Yeah the title of the video is a bit misleading now that I think about it. They kinda seemed to be messing around for the most part, especially MASTER with all those PB's he threw out. I don't think either of them went in with the mindset to show off new stuff. I was surprised however that Manny did not once attempt an Izuna hold.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I don't mean to go against the community, but if the screen shake stays the ways it is, and the only way to turn it off is by turning danger zones off, tournaments I run (post-release) will have danger zones off... and it's unlikely I'll attend any tournaments with danger zones on. The screen shake is just too much.
I was under the impression that the screen shaking can be turned off by changing the camera mode to "classic" in the options. I don't think turning danger zones off has any effect on the camera.

DrDogg

But it's okay in mvc3?

I don't notice screen shake in Marvel at all.

I was under the impression that the screen shaking can be turned off by changing the camera mode to "classic" in the options. I don't think turning danger zones off has any effect on the camera.

If it can, then that solves that. However, I know turning off danger zones stops the stage from moving around, which obviously stops the shaking.

PhoenixVFIRE

I was finding the camera following the person hitting the dangerzone a bit annoying, but I'm slowly getting used to it and am able to land follow-ups correctly. I was having trouble finding when my character was able to move after the cinematic for a little bit there >_>

Raansu

Turn the cinematic camera off, its really not that bad. I only had an issue with it when the action camera setting was turned on because the camera would swing around and literally go down to the players feet. With it off its fine.

PhoenixVFIRE

yeah it is a bit better. Maybe my timing is constantly off, but I find the car steel beam dangerzone the most difficult to follow up with. I can almost never hit them with Ryu's handstand kick, but I always get it with Hitomi's >>KKK

Allan Paris

Maybe my timing is constantly off, but I find the car steel beam dangerzone the most difficult to follow up with. I can almost never hit them with Ryu's handstand kick, but I always get it with Hitomi's >>KKK

Following up after that one is a tad difficult. Try crouch dashing toward your opponent that works better than just trying to run up and then follow up with something. The other one after the flying car is a lot easier to follow up with, I don't know if you knew that or not.

PhoenixVFIRE

Following up after that one is a tad difficult. Try crouch dashing toward your opponent that works better than just trying to run up and then follow up with something. The other one after the flying car is a lot easier to follow up with, I don't know if you knew that or not.
yeah that one is much easier(which I think is funny because I have to cover more ground with that one) but thanks I'll try crouch dashing more with it :)

Raansu

yeah it is a bit better. Maybe my timing is constantly off, but I find the car steel beam dangerzone the most difficult to follow up with. I can almost never hit them with Ryu's handstand kick, but I always get it with Hitomi's >>KKK

She's got the easiest followup because you are dashing forward with the kicks.

ScattereDreams

At first I thought I thought Hayate's new 6p+k stance was crappy because his only good option was 6p+k,p which was a high punch and is safe. Now I like the stance animation because it goes under all high's and it's useful for whiff punishing. I'd like jumping attacks to return similar to jumping attacks in VF5FS they're very fluid.

Allan Paris

This stance is better than what he had before. It being faster for one, and the reasons you have just stated. Although he can't teleport anymore but it's still ok.

Allan Paris

Apparently you didn't know what you were doing. Given certain situations the teleport was very useful. The situations were: knocking someone over partitions, doing it against wake-up options when the opponent doesn't tech, whiff'd moves (players who attack to cover ground). All of those situations lead up to damage and not just being evasive. Against smarter players doing it after knocking them over partitions is about the only time you will pull it off. It wasn't god-like but, it was useful.

x Sypher x

Well yeah I know all of that, I usually use it in the 1st 2 situations you mentioned. It's just they don't happen very often.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD