Dead or Alive 5 - Known Bugs/Glitches

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I know the gravity is different in tag, but isn't that technically an infinite? (not that it really matters because of the revision in Tag). That would pretty much be the return of the DOA3 Bass 6PK infinite.

Nah, the damage isn't that much, but they can juggle you from one side to the other. It's mainly Tina's 9PK that allows for it. Thing relaunches like a god.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I don't know if this been said. The other day when I was playing offline(PS3) my game froze after choosing to publish a title accomplishment to facebook(Either cliff hanger related, or new costume I don't remember) the game froze and I had to pretty much restart my ps3.

PJudge

I think with Jann Lee (and Sarah now?) you can keep the opponent stunned the entire match, is that what you're talking about? I've never had this happen with Alpha, can you give an exact combo to test
That wasn't was I was talking about, although I will actually try when I get home. What I meant was that if you start a combo with 6KK and try to activate her Critical Burst when the text flashes red, it resets the Stun state and pretty much means that if you start a combo with 6K you can't put the opponent in Critical Burst from that. As I never tried the Jann Lee stun glitch, I can't tell if this is similar or not.

I think the basic idea I'm trying to explain can be seen if you try the following: 6KKK, 6P+K, but the combo in particular might be 6KK, PP, 6K, 6P+K

synce

Oh lol The combo's just resetting.. Gotta use an attack with shorter recovery before CB. The magic number seems to be 25 frames. Basically your only options are punches and a standalone K or H+K

Edit: You can also do a few other attacks that have long recovery, but unlike 6k they cause a special stun animation (opponent grabs stomach and falls down)

DR2K

My controller keeps turning off during ranked matches. It does not happen in any other scenerio. Only that mode.

Gaignun

Just about every online match freezes to a crawl for me. It happens at random times, but usually within the first round, and especially against opponents who are laggy (1-3 bars, although freezing can happen for opponents with even 5 bars). After about thirty seconds of excruciatingly slow frame-by-frame animation, my opponent disconnects from the match and leaves me with a win. This is usually, but not always, followed by being indefinitely stuck on the loading screen as the menu interface attempts to boot back up. The only solution is to quit the game, which can be done via the cross bar.

Does anyone else have this problem? For the record, I'm using an early-model ("fat") 80GB PS3 without backward compatibility.

Lance

Wow... just sitting here reading through this thread and I'm happy and at the same time unhappy. I'm happy becuz a lot of these glitches I'm reading about have been happening to me and I'm glad to see its not just me and my copy of doa5 or my ps3, I'm not alone lol, but me and technology don't quite see eye to eye, stuff is always malfunctioning round me, so I get kinda worried and paranoid when tech starts acting weird or not properly. Anyway I'm also unhappy becuz after reading all these posts I feel for you guys... like damn, I mean I've encountered a lot of these glitches, others I haven't, and some I don't want to O_O like what happened to Brute... like dude that sux... hope you got that taken care of, and other glitches are just funny like that "GREATEST" glitch lol too good. All that to say, Team Ninja step yo shit up please, new patch or something sometime soon. Ima rage so hard if my ps3 crash cuz of some stupid glitch and I lose all my data, shiiiiit... fuck I look like... (My ps3 hella gon glitch n crash on me 2morrow for talking mess... watch :()

But yeah TN step ya game up, for the fans tho, just don't pull a Capcom TEEHEE ;)
Itagaki would've never let this happen... NEVER!
I'M KIDDING Hahaha............not really...
<3 U TN ^_^

Princess Kasumi

is this a glitch/bug? when a move is 14- i can punish it with a move that is 14frames ? because i couldnt punish -.- i could only punish it with a move that is 12frames.

was tested on helena's 2kk and i used kasumi's 4p to punish it. but somehow kasumi's 7k can't punish it. wtf?

dawnbringer

is this a glitch/bug? when a move is 14- i can punish it with a move that is 14frames ? because i couldnt punish -.- i could only punish it with a move that is 12frames.

was tested on helena's 2kk and i used kasumi's 4p to punish it. but somehow kasumi's 7k can't punish it. wtf?

This is how this game displays frame data. 14-frame move as the game calls it is not actually i14 move. "12-frame" strike is an i14 strike on deep hit.

Chaos

I have a funny story to tell y'all about this cliff hanger glitch lol. Alright, it all started when the cpu was getting owned by the power of my :hitomi: XD anyway, right when the announcer said "K.O." I punch the cpu straight into the cliff hanger and all of sudden the camera moved in a awkward position and BOOM, the game reset the stage (Flow) back to normal. Oh yeah when this
happened the only thing I saw was mountains and trees and then I saw Hitomi jumping down but I didn't see Leifang because she disappeared & no longer exist lol. o_O

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I have a funny story to tell y'all about this cliff hanger glitch lol. Alright, it all started when the cpu was getting owned by the power of my :hitomi: XD anyway, right when the announcer said "K.O." I punch the cpu straight into the cliff hanger and all of sudden the camera moved in a awkward position and BOOM, the game reset the stage (Flow) back to normal. Oh yeah when this
happened the only thing I saw was mountains and trees and then I saw Hitomi jumping down but I didn't see Leifang because she disappeared & no longer exist lol. :confused:

Leifang no longer existed? My dream come true :D

DR2K

The switching sides at wall glitch is very fucking stupid. Just puttng that out there.

Although with DOA it's hard to tell if its intentional or not, game just loves to pander to the defender.

Chaos

The switching sides at wall glitch is very fucking stupid. Just puttng that out there.

Although with DOA it's hard to tell if its intentional or not, game just loves to pander to the defender.
I though I was the only one who knew about this wall glitch bullshit. I get so fucking irritated when this retarded shit happens.:mad:

Belinea

If you go off axis when Brad goes into handstand he'll get locked into the stance, unable to attack, throw or h-cancel out. He's has to wait for the animation to end before he becomes usable again.

To test it out have the computer hold his BT :6::K::6::K::8:. The second kick is unholdable, so the computer will naturally step to the side and leave you locked in the stance.

HiguraShiki

If you go off axis when Brad goes into handstand he'll get locked into the stance, unable to attack, throw or h-cancel out. He's has to wait for the animation to end before he becomes usable again.

To test it out have the computer hold his BT :6::K::6::K::8:. The second kick is unholdable, so the computer will naturally step to the side and leave you locked in the stance.
Nah that isn't a glitch. Brad just gets too damn drunk to do anything sometimes.
:bradwong:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD