Dead or Alive 5 - Known Bugs/Glitches

PJudge

When you played on your brothers was it the same internet you use for your Xbox? If so, very strange if its just your Xbox. I agree it is infuriating. It happens at random points, whether the menu, beginning of a match or halfway through a match. I'm hoping it's a bug that can be fixed but not many people seem to have this issue.
Different internet, so it's probably something to do with my connection, but either way, it shouldn't be THAT sensitive if I can play other fighting games online (like DOA4) without having that issue.

synce

lisabangs.jpg

Raansu

Had an interesting match today with my friend. He did a power blow on me after the KO and the next round everything was in slow motion still (except the characters) and the sounds were off a bit as some attacks didn't make any sound. It was pretty funny to watch. Wish I had a capture card to record it >_<

Raansu

You guys must be really unlucky lol. The SS glitch has only happened to me like once since launch.

Brute

Standard Donor
Online crashed again trying to join a lobby, as usual. Also like usual, I quit the game via the PS button, then re-entered. Upon re-entering, ALL OF MY SAVE GAME DATA IS GONE!

That's right. All titles. All characters (even Alpha). All costumes. All system voices (and yes, I completed all trainings, even the VF chars). All fucking everything... gone. Even my online rank has been reset to "F."

I am so fucking pissed off right now. Seriously, I cannot even express the rage... over 100 hours; gone...

edit: Online rank only affected in my stats menu it seems. Looking into this further.

Chaos

Online crashed again trying to join a lobby, as usual. Also like usual, I quit the game via the PS button, then re-entered. Upon re-entering, ALL OF MY SAVE GAME DATA IS GONE!

That's right. All titles. All characters (even Alpha). All costumes. All system voices (and yes, I completed all trainings, even the VF chars). All fucking everything... gone. Even my online rank has been reset to "F."

I am so fucking pissed off right now. Seriously, I cannot even express the rage... over 100 hours; gone...

edit: Online rank only affected in my stats menu it seems. Looking into this further.
Thats some fuckung bullshit! TN really need to fix this bitch ass glitch RIGHT NOW!!! :mad:WTF.....nobody wants to start all over on a game that they put hours into specifially. :mad:

Batcommander

Had a minor glitch with the new reset position command in training mode.

I reset the position, then my buttons became inactive. I had to restart the game. I could still press start, go to menu and select a character and all that, but when it came time to play, it didn't register any button commands.

Chaos

I reset the position, then my buttons became inactive. I had to restart the game. I could still press start, go to menu and select a character and all that, but when it came time to play, it didn't register any button commands.
Are the buttons still inactive? because that really sounds scary. o_O Anway, theres a glitch were the sound effects end up being off but this had happened when I press start a bit too soon after skipping the TN intro & then when I played a couple matches, the sound glitch was gone.:eek:

kupo

I also get that glitch a lot. I can restart with the menu and move but when I restart with the shortcut again I can't do anything.

Batcommander

It's only happened to me a couple times. I had to quit the game because the buttons just wouldn't be active.

I was actually relieved because at first i thought it was my controller. Thank the gods!

damedame

Happened to me too. Your online rank is still the same.
I got the 100% complete save after it happened to me. I wasn't gonna go and re-unlock costumes and characters I had already spent time doing. It works perfectly and I'd recommend the same to anyone who's game data gets deleted.

Chaos

Happened to me too. Your online rank is still the same.
I got the 100% complete save after it happened to me. I wasn't gonna go and re-unlock costumes and characters I had already spent time doing. It works perfectly and I'd recommend the same to anyone who's game data gets deleted.
Thats why I love my PSP because I can transfer all my PS3 save data just in case if it does get corrupted. :)

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I think Matt posted this a while back on the FSD youtube channel:
"Here we see that the revision from the juggle combo isn't resetting revision. Instead, it's taking 150% of the last revision from the tag combo. It's taking 150% because this was showing hi-counter throw, if it was on normal throw damage then it would be taking the last revision from the juggle instead of giving 100% revision to the tag throw."

I know the gravity is different in tag, but isn't that technically an infinite? (not that it really matters because of the revision in Tag). That would pretty much be the return of the DOA3 Bass 6PK infinite.

oh, and here is another Bass infinite:

Chaos

That glitch was really annoying LOL. GREATEST GREATEST GREATEST GREATEST GREATEST GREATEST glitches are so hilarious! LMAO.......some of them...

PJudge

Not sure if it's a glitch, or supposed to be, but I've found that Alpha has a couple of combos that should end in critical burst, but don't. The text flashes red and, regardless of which move you use to put the opponent in critical stun, it doesn't activate. Instead it puts the opponent back to the start of a critical stun state, with the text in white again.

From my understanding, this is similar to Jann Lee's problem, although I imagine most will say good riddance as it's Alpha. It's a tad annoying as it only applies to combos started with the forward K cartwheel kick.

synce

I think with Jann Lee (and Sarah now?) you can keep the opponent stunned the entire match, is that what you're talking about? I've never had this happen with Alpha, can you give an exact combo to test

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD