Dead or alive 5 Last round designers challenge 2016

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I bet those hands will turn into normal hands with it's chosen.
that would completely defeat the purpose of this costume, I just like it because Edward Scissorhands is one of my favourite movies, not sure how well this would translate in game, great concept nonetheless
Does anyone know which designs Won in years past? and What did they win?
previous contest I received a Marie Rose mousepad, DOA History book, soundtrack, DOA5U card deck, and some metal dog tags. also a DOA Festival keychain necklace that I wear everyday so I don't lose my house keys :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Someone submitted this costume with the title/description:

"Kokoro Pirate"

13087699_774530902684177_7720022824593767037_n.jpg

Sotherius

I really like scissor hands Phase 4, so much that i want it to win.

But... Isn't that owned by someone else? Because this is a rule, you can't use licensed stuff.

About the claws, i bet they can stay, doesn't Ryu Hayabusa have a costume where he is wearing all of his known weapons at the same time? Including the falcon talons?

KwonJigglypuff

Just call the costume "Kootenichela Phase 4" and we're okay. It's the animal the concept is based on.

Also, TN would have to reduce the claws a bit for the expected clipping issues.

Otherwise, it's a very solid concept : gothic theme + claws reminds me of Viola in SC5. Make it happen!

SailorHonoka

I was thinking of making magical girl honoka and marie rose or pro wrestler honoka and marie rose as candy which one is better the magical girl is inspired by sailor moon ofcourse i will not copy her design

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I was thinking of making magical girl honoka and marie rose or pro wrestler honoka and marie rose as candy which one is better the magical girl is inspired by sailor moon ofcourse i will not copy her design

mahou_shoujos_marie_and_honoka_10_by_doafanboi-d8ysufq.jpg

Probably better to go with a wrestling theme...

Phase 4 Scissorhands! Brilliant! :')
CgvXfabUgAEr6P-.jpg

This would be a clear copyright infringement. It just came to my mind, what if for some reason the designers of Team Ninja don't realize a costume is from another character in a movie/series/game and it comes only to light when they already released it as DLC? o__O

Last edited:

SailorHonoka

That's totally Kokoro! The designer desi

mahou_shoujos_marie_and_honoka_10_by_doafanboi-d8ysufq.jpg

Probably better to go with a wrestling theme...

This would be a clear copyright infringement. It just came to my mind, what if for some reason the designers of Team Ninja don't realize a costume is from another character in a movie/series/game and it comes only to light when they already released it as DLC? o__O

XD okay i will make a wrestling tag team then

Sotherius

They (Tecmo, or Team Ninja), probably have a group of lawyers or something like that just to look into that stuff, they'll proably know what they can take even before they decide which costumes to make.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They (Tecmo, or Team Ninja), probably have a group of lawyers or something like that just to look into that stuff, they'll proably know what they can take even before they decide which costumes to make.
Yeah they've done it before on twitter. Someone tried submitting a Michael Jackson and kill bill carbon copy, and they rejected the entries.

Sonicfan11589

DOAHalloween2016Design2.jpg

OK, here's my entry.

Questions:
-The one pic of Sarah is from the internet, hope it's ok to use that?
-Is it ok to put my name on there as proof.
-I saw a post above about rejecting Kill Bill and Michael Jackson entries, this soccer entry wouldn't count as a knock off that would get rejected right away?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
View attachment 21263

OK, here's my entry.

Questions:
-The one pic of Sarah is from the internet, hope it's ok to use that?
-Is it ok to put my name on there as proof.
-I saw a post above about rejecting Kill Bill and Michael Jackson entries, this soccer entry wouldn't count as a knock off that would get rejected right away?
No, your entry is good, it's a soccer one and TN already has used sport DLC in the past so yours is ok.

Candy Dragon

Has anybody that's emailed their entry had a reply? I re-submitted my 5 entries from last year, and 2 new ones for this year. I'm about to send in a 3rd new design, but I haven't had a reply to any. I sent the first 5 about 3 days ago. Last year I got replies almost instantly.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD