Dead or Alive 5: Remaining Issues

MrMoon360

What do you expect from them? They couldn't get the VA from 4, that's all there is to it. I don't like the new VA either but there is nothing you can do about it...

Couldn't they just use the battle cries from DOA4? (did they really redo each character's battle cries for DOA5? They all sound the same from DOA4, so I doubt that)
The new VA's cries are absolutely pathetic.
I wouldn't have noticed Jann's difference in dialogue so much I don't think... although, I doubt TN would do this.
The leadership is too nice and probably wouldn't want to insult the new VA.

ScattereDreams

Yeah so far only Lei Fang's 236p sabaki works against highs and mids. She does have her Sabaki stance. Still sabaki's don't guarantee anything after a follow up except a stun.

daman077c

Yeah so far only Lei Fang's 236p sabaki works against highs and mids. She does have her Sabaki stance. Still sabaki's don't guarantee anything after a follow up except a stun.

No, but the mixup afterwards is good enough. You mis-read or mis-time a hold? I throw you with her 236F+P, 6F+P, 44F+P combo throw, or I launch you with P+K and take you for 4-5 hits and 15%.

ScattereDreams

No, but the mixup afterwards is good enough. You mis-read or mis-time a hold? I throw you with her 236F+P, 6F+P, 44F+P combo throw, or I launch you with P+K and take you for 4-5 hits and 15%.

So I should be required to guess again after I've already made a correct guess in successfully using a sabaki against my opponent?

daman077c

So I should be required to guess again after I've already made a correct guess in successfully using a sabaki against my opponent?

No, but that's how this game, and Leifang, for that matter, plays; you have enough options to not have to guess every single time and press the issue and leave your opponent grasping for strings to hold.

Jefffcore

No, but that's how this game, and Leifang, for that matter, plays; you have enough options to not have to guess every single time and press the issue and leave your opponent grasping for strings to hold.
That's a guess every time if they can hold afterwards. It's a 50/50.

synce

How is the hold window and damage in the latest build compared to alpha demo? Are advanced mid counters still in and just as fast? I recall reading somewhere it's more like DOA4 now...

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor

umm, Lei Fangs 236P got nerfed..
its just a sabaki vs mid P or K now ..
its also her burst tho

Sarah's P+K sabaki into flamingo however... that beats both high and mid P or K

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I only played NG2 demo and thought it was awesome but I don't understand why everybody think its garbage, can you explain why people hate NG2 so much?

Inferior AI and a shitload of offscreen enemies + projectiles to compensate for it.

I tend to like NGB/S as I enjoy fighting 3 fairly intelligent enemies instead of 20 completely retarded ones.

Chaos

Inferior AI and a shitload of offscreen enemies + projectiles to compensate for it.

I tend to like NGB/S as I enjoy fighting 3 fairly intelligent enemies instead of 20 completely retarded ones.
Well that explains everything lol I think the series is a real true classic which is why I own NGB for Xbox & NGS for PS3. :)

AKNova7

...The only reason you should be complaining is if you don't get advantage after Sabaki or if the following moves are all unsafe. For a high and mid parry, advantage should be good enough.

umm, Lei Fangs 236P got nerfed..
its just a sabaki vs mid P or K now ..
its also her burst tho

Sarah's P+K sabaki into flamingo however... that beats both high and mid P or K

I don't appreciate them making the VF characters so strong. This IS still Dead or Alive, right?

So because they are from VF they should be made purposely weak? Dumb logic. Strive for strong characters across the board; dont be a fanboy.

AKNova7

So because they are from VF they should be made purposely weak? Dumb logic. Strive for strong characters across the board; dont be a fanboy.

Purposefully weak is not what I asked for. I didn't ask for quite literally a step in front of almost all the DOA characters either though. You strive for strong characters across the board, sure, but the stronger your characters across the board the stronger the game itself is.

I mean, think about it. Unless they made the Virtua Fighter characters unsafe by not translating over to DOA frame data styles, those characters in Virtua Fighter are among the safest in 3D fighting games. While DOA characters are among the opposite.

Not having that kind of disparity would be a good start, I mean, where's the DOA characters with safe stance transitions? I mean, unless they added those in and I don't know about it...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD