Dead or Alive 5: Remaining Issues

Riizch

I'm sure I read something somewhere about the frame data and whatnot having been adjusted to fit the DOA system. There's no way the VF characters would make a literal transition to DOA. They'd be practically invincible.

Chris Harris

For the most part from what I saw in the build i played, they are leagues above the DoA characters. They still fit right into DoA but are just so much better because they can do what the DoA characters can do. . .just better

AKNova7

Are they really not changed and are they really as good as you are making them out to be?

I haven't played the most recent build, so I can't tell you. All I can say is what I heard, which is why I tried to express uncertainty in my post. In other news, your avatar, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is awesome, nice to know someone else has probably played.

daman077c

umm, Lei Fangs 236P got nerfed..
its just a sabaki vs mid P or K now ..
its also her burst tho

Sarah's P+K sabaki into flamingo however... that beats both high and mid P or K

Lei's 236P at HIN was a high and mid sabaki. I was doing it a number of times in free play outside of the tournament.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Lei's 236P at HIN was a high and mid sabaki. I was doing it a number of times in free play outside of the tournament.
Whats HIN?

and no, its not. Testing it now, at least its not in the Gamescom build (ver.0.75). weather they buffed it back again or not in the final build is something we're gonna have to find out.

it only beats MID now ..

Punishere

Haha. High or mid. . . The window to connect the Sabaki with an attack is so narrow, to make use of it is impractical in most situations.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Haha. High or mid. . . The window to connect the Sabaki with an attack is so narrow, to make use of it is impractical in most situations.
actually I disagree...
I find 236P a great sabaki ... (even though its a mid only now)
on several occasions I managed to sabaki a powerblow even... (completely screws with the opponents head lol)
I love that move .. obviously i wouldnt spam it .. but .. when used correctly its really good..

DrDogg

actually I disagree...
I find 236P a great sabaki ... (even though its a mid only now)
on several occasions I managed to sabaki a powerblow even... (completely screws with the opponents head lol)
I love that move .. obviously i wouldnt spam it .. but .. when used correctly its really good..

He's referring to high level play. If your opponent is using a Power Blow at a time when you can sabaki it, that doesn't exactly scream high level. Leifang's sabaki attacks are okay and her parries are okay, but you have to really be able to read the opponent and that makes her tough to win with, especially in a game like DOA.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
He's referring to high level play. If your opponent is using a Power Blow at a time when you can sabaki it, that doesn't exactly scream high level. Leifang's sabaki attacks are okay and her parries are okay, but you have to really be able to read the opponent and that makes her tough to win with, especially in a game like DOA.
Throwing out a correct Sabaki is just as tricky as throwing out a hold, which is why I specifically said you do NOT spam it.. it has its own risks as well..

Jefffcore

If the difficulty and/or reward isn't better than a standard hold or SS, using it isn't very practical. Just because you can use something, doesn't mean you should.

Chris Harris

No throwing out a sabaki has a clear difference from a hold. You can't do it at every point in 90% of the situations of the game. . .

Punishere

Ill use the powerblow as an example since he brought it up. Why would I sabaki a powerblow with Leifang when. . .
(A.) Sabaki active window is much smaller than a active hold window (You chances of connecting is much smaller.)
(B.) If a sabaki connects you only get a small amount of damage and a stun (now you have to guess for more damage.)
(C.) If you did advance hold with Lei, at neutral you would do heavy damage with no stun game to follow up with. Making this option preferred at high level. Because its all about getting the most damage with the least risk.

Lobo

I hated her 236P in 4. It only ever came out on accident when I was attempting 46P, and I lot of times I would either get hit out of the animation, or get thrown for hi-counter because sabakis counted as defensive holds.

I'll be using it more in DOA5 only because its her power blow, but never for the sabaki. If I think a mid is coming, ill just parry. Much safer

phoenix1985gr

Its her CB not PB... I heard that the command for the power blows now is different for each character can we have an example?

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Using her sabaki stops both mid :K: and mid :P:. So compared to a hold, there is less guessing involved. Also, a whiffed hold results in you being vulnerable for 30 frames, while a non successful sabaki still result in an attack. So there is still differences and advantages for using either.

BlackKnight

Did the Bass nerf thread gain some attention from here? The 6KP->pickup nerf in the recent posts there needs to be addressed since it's a strength of that character. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD