News Dead or Alive 5 will be at TGS

logo.png

Dead or Alive 5 has been around since 2012, but the dedicated competitive scene, collaborative efforts, and DLC have kept it relevant to garner screen time from Team NINJA at this year's Tokyo game show. Because of this, it makes sense that some dedicated players wait for DOA6 while others continue to contribute to the Last Round iteration. Either way, you can't help but be excited for what could be in store for the community, and the intrigue that this scheduling has caused.

Last year there was plenty of hype pertaining to DLC character Mai Shiranui, a King of Fighters character that brought in interest more comparable to Marie Rose than other DLC characters such as Nyo or Phase 4. Even Raidou and Honoka as the new premium characters for Last Round were said to not deliver where it counts most, and crossover character Naotora followed that pattern bringing in very little interest to the offline scene. By that standard, it's hard to see how they will add a character that can add enough interest for DOA5 to remain relevant unless it's an incredibly special reveal.

dlc-summer-festival-doa5-last-round-noticia.jpg

Have you seen enough costume DLC?

A Final Fantasy character (Tifa anyone) with the tie into Team NINJA's development on Final Fantasy Dissidia NT could work, or perhaps a continued DOA5 crossover to the inspirational Virtua Fighter series seems likely to generate interest. The big red flag would be just getting another collaborative costume DLC. The community enjoys the variety and has been directly involved by submitting designs, but many have doubts it would be enough to satisfy Team NINJA's customer-base.

DOA6 could be in the works, but it's not a guarantee it will show up at TGS. Maybe DOA5 is there as a surprise place-holder, or maybe Team NINJA is extending DOA5's lifespan by another year. Some will not be pleased by that rumor, and their reasons can make just as much sense as the players continuing to support Last Round. Though in order to keep the dream alive there are other ways to continue contributing to the community even if you are just waiting for DOA6 seeing as how creating a toxic atmosphere will not help Team NINJA design the game any faster.

vfdoa.jpg

Still interested in a Virtua Fighter 5 crossover?

TGS will start at the end of the month, and Last Round will get some screen time on the 23rd. Team NINJA will probably hold some big stuff for our NEC XVIII finale spectacular, but TGS should give us an idea of what to expect. What are your thoughts pertaining to future of DOA5 and DOA6?

Last edited:
In a case like that...out of those 10,000,000 downloads, I don't think many people bought all of the characters or modes. They probably only downloaded Core Fighters because it's ♫ freeeeee ♫ :rolleyes:
I think this is how it went:

-Bought a PS4 but didn't have any money to buy any fighting games and they didn't want to buy SFV or a anime 2d fighter

-Go to psn store and go to the free section and see DOA5LR core fighters, installs happy to see a 3D fighting game that's free which good graphics

-This section varies, they try it but don't like it because of holds/lack of modes/feel it's too random/feels it's too fanservicey/don't like the four available characters or whoever is up for trial and then they uninstall it.

-TN doesn't take uninstalls into account and just go by how much it's been downloaded.

I think there won't be anymore milestone download free stuff to celebrate for a good while since Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 are out now.

DOA x VF would be amazing... but unlikely.. unless they managed to establish something with sega since last time I spoke with Hayashi

DOA6 ... eh... Not yet.. ppl still dunno anything about half the cast ... and I challenge anyone on that as theres new tech being discovered even today. On the other hand DOA5's entry was rushed and buggy as hell... (infinites, critical stun resets... catalogs lol) so DOA6 might happen.

What I would love to see to be honest is a DOA5LR complete version... with everything.. on all consoles + switch ... particularly the switch. I see that more of a logical move...

Im assuming the current season pass will be the last tho.. I would say DOA6 not until 2019.. it has to have an impactful return.. next year.. isn't good.. not yet
But the way corporate works... u never know.

Would be sad to see the vf cast and Mai go. . Thats why I really hope for a cross game. Naotora ..I can live without lol

I would say DOA6 not until 2019.. it has to have an impactful return.. next year.. isn't.

And impactful return is not towards the very end of a console generation. In late 2019-2020 the new consoles are already awaited. DOA would've missed a complete console generation, leaving the 3D fighter playing field entirely to Tekken 7.
Also, If they indeed bring out DOA6 at the end of the current gen they would again go into the next gen with a port of by then outdated tech. That's also not impactful but already sad at that point. They've to break that cycle.

And impactful return is not towards the very end of a console generation. In late 2019-2020 the new consoles are already awaited. DOA would've missed a complete console generation, leaving the 3D fighter playing field entirely to Tekken 7.
Also, If they indeed bring out DOA6 at the end of the current gen they would again go into the next gen with a port of by then outdated tech. That's also not impactful but already sad at that point. They've to break that cycle.

then I'd much rather wait till next gen.. there's no rush ..

TGS for DOA will be streamed only at NicoNico. 14:45 - 15:30 is a KOEI cosplay contest DW/SW/DOA etc. 15:30 - 16:00 is a DOA5 special broadcast.

DJa7IFvU8AE6w25.jpg

DJa7M3BVoAA3Mol.jpg

Wait if the guest is a VF player... Could it be a VF character announcement? DOA6 is wishful thinking you have to admit.

A new character isn't, there's also the fact that it specifically says Dead or Alive 5 not DOA in general. Don't wanna crush dreams just being realistic.

Yeah does anyone have more knowledge over niconico than everyone else and know how to link to the stream? Niconico confuses me.

Oh and I hope it's doa6 but if it turns out to be a VF character reveal... I hope it's Vanessa.

Last edited:
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

And is someone prepared to post the video since I don't have a nico nico account like when they showed Naotora?

You can watch it for free. The problem is that you can't select the HD benefits because you need a membership.

The main issue with NicoNico is that there's no true source output to even watch it on 480p. The only mandatory setting there is bandwidth, however the problem with bandwidth setting is that it's based off your internet speed, and since it relies on that, some are not even a guaranteed 480p because it's like connecting to a JPN server. In short, you need some good ass internet to even cap a "clean 480p" off NicoNico's forced bandwidth setting from Japan. Luckily this isn't a huge huge issue for me but it's not like Twitch where you can select any of that along with HD. Bandwidth setting is why the stream comes out pixel as shit for some people but comes out clear for a few on 480p. It's just not consistent.

Wait if the guest is a VF player... Could it be a VF character announcement? DOA6 is wishful thinking you have to admit.

A new character isn't, there's also the fact that it specifically says Dead or Alive 5 not DOA in general. Don't wanna crush dreams just being realistic.
Yeah does anyone have more knowledge over niconico than everyone else and know how to link to the stream? Niconico confuses me.

Oh and I hope it's doa6 but if it turns out to be a VF character reveal... I hope it's Vanessa.

Think we might be jumping conclusions a bit. DOA6 is still a possibility here. It could be that Yamima will show gameplay off it because he can play it too, or DOA6 with a VF character? Probably not, probably. It's too early. Could be number of topics.

Last edited:
You can watch it for free. The problem is that you can't select the HD benefits.

The main issue with NicoNico is that there's no true source output to even watch it on 480p. The only mandatory setting there is bandwidth, however the problem with bandwidth setting is that it's based off your internet speed, and since it relies on that, you are not even a guaranteed 480p because it's like connecting to a JPN server. In short, you need some good ass internet to even cap 480p off NicoNico's forced bandwidth setting from Japan. It's not like Twitch where you can select any of that along with HD.

Think we might be jumping conclusions a bit. DOA6 is still a possibility here. It could be that Yamima will show gameplay off it because he can play it too, or DOA6 with a VF character? Probably not, probably. It's too early. Could be number of topics.

Okay thanks DB! I hope it is doa6 and maybe they've chosen him to play it or something along that line. Also so I can watch the nico nico stream for free? That's good, I'll try to catch it then.

I'm just trying to keep expectations as low as possible, people see special announcement and immediately think its a DOA6.

But it could just be a new DLC character for DOA5LR or something else entirely, thus everyone's hopes are shattered just like that.

I'd like it to be DOA6 as much as the next guy/girl on FSD but the chances are slim. Why would they specifically state DOA5LR if they were gonna announce DOA6?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD