[Dec 18, 2013] DOA5U @ Wednesday Night Fights (Walnut, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Top 3 for WNF 10/16/2013:

1st Jared
2nd AFD | TB HajinShinobi
3rd AFD A1r Gear

Very good games to everyone I played tonight, both in casuals and in tournament. Good stuff in Winners finals and Grand finals in our matches, Jared. The Ayane mirror matches were good, I've always hated this mirror match, lol.

It was very good practice though, because it's rare that I get to play against another solid Ayane player. Respect to you for taking the win, we will have to play offline some more some time.

I am going to continue to attend WNF and other locals for practice, so I can keep improving as much as possible. I want to be sharp and in top shape for SCR 2014 and other major events. So I am totally looking forward to this Friday and Saturday. Lot's more offline DOA to be had, can't wait. :D

ikodomo

I shall get you with my random select again one day mister purple haired ninja lover. ^^ GGS to everyone and congrats to Jared on his victory. You earned it! Thanks to everyone for showing up and supporting our community. I've never seen such a consistent turnout for a DOA game ever and it's thanks to you guys that put the time and effort to show up whether to compete or to learn more about the game. Thank you.

MeanMrMustard

Good games to everyone tonight. Our matches were very close Hajin. I don't like that mirror either but I've had a lot of practice in it in DOA4 so I'm a little used to it.

I'll hopefully make my return to WNF this winter break (and beyond depending on my school schedule). Of course this all depends on if I can get this half-semester math class. If not I'll probably be back week after next! Now time to get some sleep so I can wake up in 4 hours -_-

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Wow, last night's commentary kind of pisses me off. I'm going to have to watch this on mute because I seriously can't study my matches and focus on what I need to work on, listening to this (referring to top 3).

ikodomo

Hard to find commentators at 1:45 am lol. If filipinoman was there, he be another choice to commentate, but he left early. Wish there was more players that wanted to commentate for DOA5U at wnf.

ikodomo

We also have to make it exciting and hype as much as possible for the viewers while trying to stay neutral for both players competing. I obviously didn't show that last night and it also didn't help that it was very late at night. Like what you said, it takes time, patience and practice. I have to admit; my commentating is very rudimentary, but will work on it if people want to keep me commentating for whatever reason. Also, if I offended anyone by my commentating, I'm sincerely sorry. I didn't mean to hurt anyone with my words especially to Anthony.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
No, it's fine, my apologies. I was angry at some other things earlier this evening while watching the archives, hearing commentary (in general) just solidfied my anger more so I wrote up that rude comment earlier.

I was actually contemplating on ditching FGC Live tomorrow because I was incredibly upset and "unstable" about some stuff. But, someone helped me get through it, so I am fine now.

I will be at FGC Live tomorrow and casuals on Saturday, ready for action.

And about the commentary, I know my match ups (there are only 4 I need work on). I know the Ayane vs Bayman match up. Air Gear is just random as hell when he picks random, lol. And no, I am not salty about anything (referring to Air Gear and Vincent Rayne's comments on commentary).

I am aware of my play and know what needs to be adjusted. And I am going to improve as I continue participating in these events, as I know my strength is nowhere near where I want it to be, yet.

I treat WNF as my practice as preparation for larger tournament play.

I am good, but I am not good enough, yet. There are areas I need strengthening in. The more I play, the more I learn about myself. And as I stated, I will continue to improve and I will not stop until I feel I am satisfied with my own strength.

Last edited:

b-bombs

Standard Donor
I can't wait to get out to a WNF with you guys. My work load is starting to lighten a little so hopefully it'll be soon!

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Is there a general community agreement on a certain commentating format or anything? You know how in traditional sports commentary there's an established play-by-play and a color commentator? That way both people understand their roles and what they are supposed to provide with their speaking. Maybe this is already out there. But if not, it might be a good idea to start looking at our commentary in this way and developing our So Cal community around some agreed upon structure to get it rolling smoothly and keep it entertaining.

BloodBurger

Is there a general community agreement on a certain commentating format or anything? You know how in traditional sports commentary there's an established play-by-play and a color commentator? That way both people understand their roles and what they are supposed to provide with their speaking. Maybe this is already out there. But if not, it might be a good idea to start looking at our commentary in this way and developing our So Cal community around some agreed upon structure to get it rolling smoothly and keep it entertaining.

Well typically there should be a technical guy who really knows the ins and outs of the game and a color guy who kinda steers things in the right direction and keeps it hype. Then there's the issue of chemistry between the two. Doing great commentary isn't easy.

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Yeah, no doubt. It's a difficult thing for sure. Chemistry is HUGE. Is there any understanding of what about and when the technical guy should be commenting and when the color/hype guy should get into it. Or are we all free-for-all gunslinging it?

I'm not trying to impose anything upon the community at all. Especially not something that's possibly too rigid for the subject of discussion. I'm just way more familiar with traditional broadcasting than the FGC style world and looking to see if maybe some of the understood "rules" of traditional broadcasting might be useful in developing a few sets of us to be awesome commentators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD