[Dec 26, 2012] Level Up Presents Weds Night Fights 2012! TTT2, VF5:FS, AE, DOA5! (Walnut, CA)

ikodomo

4 People. 4 FREAKING PEOPLE SHOWED UP! One of them wasn't even there for DOA but for TTT2, however he just wanted to participate since the attendance was so small. It hasn't been a month yet since the game has been released, but i'm starting to think no one is even interested in supporting the game at all. It's quite embarrassing to see so many people play the other FGs present at WNF and only 4 players playing DOA 5. If somehow LevelUp does have DOA present next week and the same people show up, SoCal for DOA will be considered dead to me. I'm sorely disappointed to see this happen to a game that just recently came out not show any kind of support from its "fans".

@Tenren - Sorry about the loss today. It's understandable that you couldn't make it. It just sucks to see a game die in front of my eyes not even past its first month of release.

RhythmikDesigns

Only 4 people!?
frown.png

Tenren

4 People. 4 FREAKING PEOPLE SHOWED UP! One of them wasn't even there for DOA but for TTT2, however he just wanted to participate since the attendance was so small. It hasn't been a month yet since the game has been released, but i'm starting to think no one is even interested in supporting the game at all. It's quite embarrassing to see so many people play the other FGs present at WNF and only 4 players playing DOA 5. If somehow LevelUp does have DOA present next week and the same people show up, SoCal for DOA will be considered dead to me. I'm sorely disappointed to see this happen to a game that just recently came out not show any kind of support from its "fans".
well that sucks, If they do give it another chance ill deff be there.

DR2K

How many local gatherings have socal players had prior to this? Any meet ups online at least? How advertised was this for DOA socal players?

Tenren

thanks guys
@ Dr2k we have about 4-5 guys who have been playing online since the game came out. We been trying to get the word out. But looks like we need to try way harder

DR2K

thanks guys
@ Dr2k we have about 4-5 guys who have been playing online since the game came out. We been trying to get the word out. But looks like we need to try way harder

Eh, as long as you got 2 people playing and can generate interest in the scene then that's a solid start.

Keylay

@Tenren - Sorry about the loss today. It's understandable that you couldn't make it. It just sucks to see a game die in front of my eyes not even past its first month of release.

That sucks. I would have went but I was working unti 11 pm yesterday -_-. And last week I was in San Francisco for work. Was Doug there? He's a student, he shouldn't have anything holding him back if he's a slacker like I was in college hehehe.

How many local gatherings have socal players had prior to this? Any meet ups online at least? How advertised was this for DOA socal players?

There was a launch party in Long Beach. There were at least 6 people. One wasn't bashing the game because he said Jann Lee and Mila were broken hahaha. The game had just came out.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
I think Valle said that DOA5 would be at WNF next week as well so everyone make your best effort to show. Stuff like this is really important in the big scheme of things. SoCal is a big area. There should definitely be more than enough players.

Gill Hustle

Guys don't give up and keep playing.

DOA5 is still young.

If this is your first time going to an offline gathering, start making friends with other gamers through playing casuals with them in other games your good at.

Nothing happens overnight and they ONLY way it will get better is if you guys don't give up.

I'm sure you had onlookers and if you keep playing there WILL be people wanting to know how to play. In the least your getting the OFFLINE experience.

ikodomo

That sucks. I would have went but I was working unti 11 pm yesterday -_-. And last week I was in San Francisco for work. Was Doug there? He's a student, he shouldn't have anything holding him back if he's a slacker like I was in college hehehe.

Doug wasn't there. He isn't responding to me or tamisu when we try to contact him on xbox live.

Vincent Rayne

i think the problem is that the tourney was held out in Walnut. that is so far out of so many people's way that many of them can't make it (myself included). I went there for SC5 tourneys and stopped going because my gas was just getting way burned up because it's about an hour drive and extra money to enter the tourney. eff that! get a scene in Los Angeles and I'm pretty sure a lot more people can show up.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Walnut is pretty far out there, I'm going to see if I can go next week regardless though. No class next week either. We really do need to generate a scene out here in Cali for this game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD