Status
Not open for further replies.

synce

It's back people... it's back! ;) (thanks to @LarsMasters for the advice on DOAW)

View attachment 10826

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/lastround/designerschallenge2015.html

EDIT:
Here the English link (thanks to @SoftCabbage for pointing it, I didn't think to check the English site because I believed was still too much soon for getting a translation): http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/designerschallenge2015.html

Don't you think that deserves a new thread lol Awesome news, I'm ready

Oh snap:

You are allowed to submit multiple costume designs.

I think that's a new rule isn't it?

werewolfgold

Kronin

I wish i could draw >_< i would so enter

Good luck to those who enter.

On second thought i might aswell practice drawing incase i pull it off.

Don't worry for your artist skills, Team NINJA made clear in the past as they are really valutating the idea behind the outfit and not how much good is the drawing of it. The fan vote automatically reward the best drawing outfits (that of course can be even great designs, I'm not putting it in doubt), but the choices of TN more times were addressed to drawings objectively worse than others.

So my suggestion for everyone that care for the outfits is to partecipate, don't worry how much you are good in drawing because TN doesn't care for it ;)

Multiple designs is a new rule.

I guess TN/KT kinda figured out that people were designing multiple costumes and just having other people enter it lol.

I promised myself that this time I would have sent only an entry... and of course I will not able to emphasize my respect of the rule (I had my chance and I lost it). But I'm anyway glad for the change of the rule, hoping that the number of entries will overcome the "300" amount this time.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

Blash

Im not even bothering this time! Too much drama and BS to bother. Plus, it doesn't matter if you win or loose, TN are just using this to take designs and will mash together a group of the winners into whatever is easiest to make and throw it on to another character.

Im boycotting this! Yes, it may not do much, one artist says no, but I don't care, Im saying no!

synce

Im not even bothering this time! Too much drama and BS to bother. Plus, it doesn't matter if you win or loose, TN are just using this to take designs and will mash together a group of the winners into whatever is easiest to make and throw it on to another character.

Im boycotting this! Yes, it may not do much, one artist says no, but I don't care, Im saying no!

Was there drama before? I honestly don't recall.. You should enter though. Actually you will enter

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Was there drama before? I honestly don't recall.. You should enter though. Actually you will enter

he's referring to the winners of the last halloween contest. it started another argument about the sexual nature of DOA and its fans with a side cultural bashing.

Blash

he's referring to the winners of the last halloween contest. it started another argument about the sexual nature of DOA and its fans with a side cultural bashing.
Not just that, they were VERY badly organised. I know there is a chance this could come across as sore loser syndrome, all I can say is its not. I came in quite high in the first FB contest, and was over the moon with that. But if all the winners are from JP and there is NO link on the EU site, then its being doctored from the start and I have no interest.

The last 2 contests had many, varying controversial moments; from hacked votes, likes on FB instead of a valid voting system, no EU voting, over sexed sub-par winners all from the same country, nonsensical numbers... to name but a few.

I would love to enter, but in order to win, I feel like I would NEED to put 3 small strips of material on Kasumi's nipples and privates, and write my description in Japanese. I would rather work on a good design that I think fits said character, and stand a chance of winning on my art, skill and design.

synce

Not just that, they were VERY badly organised. I know there is a chance this could come across as sore loser syndrome, all I can say is its not. I came in quite high in the first FB contest, and was over the moon with that. But if all the winners are from JP and there is NO link on the EU site, then its being doctored from the start and I have no interest.

The last 2 contests had many, varying controversial moments; from hacked votes, likes on FB instead of a valid voting system, no EU voting, over sexed sub-par winners all from the same country, nonsensical numbers... to name but a few.

I would love to enter, but in order to win, I feel like I would NEED to put 3 small strips of material on Kasumi's nipples and privates, and write my description in Japanese. I would rather work on a good design that I think fits said character, and stand a chance of winning on my art, skill and design.

Shh, don't give away my strategy...

Yeah I guess remember some people raising a fuss over sexy costumes, but hey it's DOA. Also sex sells. And you have to consider some of those artists may have had huge followings as they generally do. Win or lose though it's cool to see all the different ideas I think

UpSideDownGRUNT

I mean, it's Koei Tecmo lol They will make TN milk DOA until the teet is dry and that's not likely to happen any time soon.

If TN announce NG4 at E3 though, I'd like a Ninja Gaiden 4 DLC promo pack with new costumes for Hayabusa, Kasumi, Hayate(if he is to appear), Momiji, Rachel and Ayane.

Probably their new costumes that feature in NG4 like how Infiltrator and Spirit of the Fighter from NG3RE made it to 5U.

Last edited:

Blash

Shh, don't give away my strategy...

Yeah I guess remember some people raising a fuss over sexy costumes, but hey it's DOA. Also sex sells. And you have to consider some of those artists may have had huge followings as they generally do. Win or lose though it's cool to see all the different ideas I think
I do agree with you, nothing wrong with a bit of T&A, especially in DOA. Its just the fact that its the ones for the sake of it. My main gripe was with the oh-so-obvious favouring of the Japanese entries, and how Europe was excluded. People asked me on DA where they could vote for my entry, and I just said the DOA site, those not as tech savy couldn't find it, cos it didn't exist! There were many other problems. I don't think its worth any of the time of any of the skilled artists on this site.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I mean, it's Koei Tecmo lol They will make TN milk DOA untithe teet is dry and that's not liely to happen any time soon.

If TN announce NG4 at E3 though, I'd like a Ninja Gaiden 4 DLC promo pack with new costumes for Hayabusa, Kasumi, Hayate(if he is to appear), Momiji, Rachel and Ayane.

Probably their new costumes that feature in NG4 like how Infiltrator and Spirit of the Fighter from NG3RE made it to 5U.

i cant wait to see the new Legendary Black Falcon, the current one looks so badass i cant wait to see what they've done to it

UpSideDownGRUNT

I actually hope they do away with the LBF eventually, I mean how many versions of the same costume can you do before it just goes unnoticed? I mean aside from the revamped straps and kunai being on both sides I barely saw a difference vfrom gen 2 LBF to gen 3 LBF.

But, we all know TK would rather go with DOAX3 bikinis than NG4 costrumes because the pervs and 14yos would rather see Kasumi almost topless than see her in a blood soaked ninja garb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD