DOA5+ for PS Vita

prototypetom

and others, etc

this isn't directed at you personally synce.

well gee whizz, other games use sex to sell. home run's all around you goddam scholars. :)

you're missing the point.

some tits and ass make a lot of sense in marketing a fighting game given the target audience. DOA's problem is they don't do anything much else.

Tekken can afford to push with busts of the Williams sisters because they also push this idea of a combo driven hardcore fighting game with tons of characters - mostly male. there's a balance, these tits (and anna in general) are opportunistic icing - and everyone knows it.
VF is trading on years of supposedly being this refined FG for connoisseurs. Aoi in a bikini - it's almost apologetic, arbitrary and completely benign. a half baked attempt to pick up a few pixelphiles before DOA5 came back to PS3.
As for Soul Calibur, half the press i read about that game was negative reaction to the increasingly gratuitous treatment of Ivy. but again, even this is balanced against a long history of games going back to Soul Blade which traded minimally on the female casts appearance. Originally a suggestion of nudity in the intro and taki's can I/can't I see peanuts skin suit. But hey, SC is hardly in rude health anyway.

common denominator = some kind of balance.

There's nothing wrong with fan service, there's nothing wrong with a cast of sexy characters and a cast of sexy/creepy outfits and bikinis. and there's nothing wrong with liking that. I play Lisa ffs, in her catsuit, its not like i'm phobic to boobs.

what is wrong is sex being almost the exclusive element in the marketing. DOA is a decent game, it has more substance than the bikinis describe - that needs to be represented, hard. anyone who says the sex angle DOA employs isn't effecting how this game's (not) picked up has their head up their ass. That or they live in Quagmiresville and it's all giggitygiggity good around here yo'.
In my experience, since the DOAX games, EVERY time I have EVER mentioned DOA to gamer friends or shop staff to some degree there's a reaction like I was talking about a Carry On film. And i mean that literally, its not opinion, it's observation. the reason is, these people played the DOAX games (or worse, just heard about them), and like any kind of titillation, it got old and they moved on once they got the dental floss and Cheerio bikini. and now, for them, DOA Proper is written off as, if not the same genre, the same entity. if you challenge that they just point at the latest bit of media from TN to perform a fatality on your righteous cause.

you would hope people in the FGC would of course look beyond all this, but don't worry about them, other factors are the battle for those hearts and minds if this isn't.
But TN isn't targeting those guys anyway, so again don't worry, they got this bro... TN are targeting the guys who'll more than likely lose interest after a couple of happy story endings. just the folks you need to populate a robust scene. :rolleyes:

what's so frustrating to me about this vita game.... I haven't owned a portable myself since the game gear, but, as i understand it, this will be the first time there will be a fully realised and console compatible fighter on a portable. I can't think of anything more perfectly poised to appeal to people who take fighting games seriously - always be practising, always be fighting, be training on the train, etc. its there in front of them, on a plate, sat on a table made out of pure obvious.... but no, from the first promo video you'd think they'd just invented the portable softcore wank mag (which to be fair might be a hot seller - if we didn't have smartphones and internet full of free tits and ass). screw taking it easy, screw the weak defence, screw what other games do, I'm disappointed. I want to be part of a growth community, and I can see people making the effort here... i think TN could be doing more to help. So I hope this is just a teaser for the Japanese market, i'm getting prematurely flustered and we'll see something more appropriate for the other territories.

yeah, cool rant. some of it might be right.
:4::6::4::H+P+K:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Look at those graphics :confused:....if DOA5+ end up looking almost as good as the console version I would dress like a ninja, dragon kick people in the face if they said DOA5 is trash and do backflips off houses and scream, "I'm a fightier!!!!!" lol

You'll earn my respect if you do it while wearing a pair of one-toothed getas, holding a feather fan and swinging folks through the air by their heads.

Aliorumnas

I honestly can't stand the way DOA 5 plays out, i stopped playing for a while because it is just ridiculous how unbalanced the game is.

I was hoping the patch would set things right with certain characters yet they go and make it even worse by buffing characters that definitely did not need it.

akhi216

Standard Donor
Aliorumnas said:
I honestly can't stand the way DOA 5 plays out, i stopped playing for a while because it is just ridiculous how unbalanced the game is.

I was hoping the patch would set things right with certain characters yet they go and make it even worse by buffing characters that definitely did not need it.

Didn't the whole cast recieve nerfs and buffs?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Keep balance and patch talk in the appropriate threads guys. This thread is for discussion of the Vita version of the game specifically, which has been confirmed to be the same game as the console version. That would mean, to me, that it will be current with the same release number (1.03/4) as the consoles.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I pre order my copy already and can't wait so I can play DOA5 on the vita on the go when I don't feel like sitting up playing it on my consoles. Whenever I'm on the bart, in the doctor office, or laying in bed. Can't wait.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I just remembered about that stupid feature on PS3, where you can shake the controler for boobie jiggling. Is the Vita version getting that too?

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I just remembered about that stupid feature on PS3, where you can shake the controler for boobie jiggling. Is the Vita version getting that too?

Wouldn't be surprised. Also that feature actually got people to get hyped for doa at the last offline session we had LOL.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I haven't seen these posted yet.

ss01_08.jpg

ss01_10.jpg

ss01_09.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD