DOA5U Bugs

Yaguar

I'm wondering if anyone else has noted this problem. I've noticed that in the combo challenge there are a few challenges that place you on the circus stage to setup a ring of fire combo. If you try to reset character positions using select + R2, after triggering the tiger (fail the first attempt), the game will freeze. I've tried this with Mila and Momiji and got the same result. Not sure if it freezes in any standard training mode. Anyone else noticed any? Also if someone else could try this I'm curious to see if it's an isolated incident, though I doubt it seeing as I can repeat it.

Yeah this is a pretty bad one. Completely crashes the system.
Looks like some kind of infinite loop null error at a guess. Wish they'd just post me the source code so I could fix things like this myself T_T

Not so much a bug but bloody lazy. What texture size did they use for the statue that comes up and smashes the wood on the city rooftop level? I mean really... Walk up to it, that left arm is a poor effort. Giant set piece, shitty textures. Noticed a lot of really bad textures actually. Lazy artists and graphics/engine programmers.

Read Carefully

I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this particular bug yet, but I have noticed that when I save replays sometimes while watching certain ones again in spectator mode they are totally bugged with lost moves by both characters, random actions being performed with long pauses, and even having the replay end before the final round occurs. Note, this only happens sometimes. It's just a shame when I have to delete a replay of a good fight because it saved itself totally corrupted and not as a representation of what actually happened in game. I'm not sure if this helps, but I had heard someone else say to wait until the last possible moment to save a replay either on the 2-1 part of the countdown after a ranked match or waiting about a second or so to press X (on Xbox 360) after a fight in lobby match to avoid the possibility of the match replay saving glitched.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Not so much a bug but bloody lazy. What texture size did they use for the statue that comes up and smashes the wood on the city rooftop level? I mean really... Walk up to it, that left arm is a poor effort. Giant set piece, shitty textures. Noticed a lot of really bad textures actually. Lazy artists and graphics/engine programmers.

It's not the lazy artists, but the lazy progammers. The artist create every texture in very sharp detail...if the game is able to run that texture detail later on is the other question...

David Gregg

Don't know if this was mentioned yet but every now and then the BGM doesn't work when you have it set to character themes. Just complete silence.

Yaguar

It's not the lazy artists, but the lazy progammers. The artist create every texture in very sharp detail...if the game is able to run that texture detail later on is the other question...

To be fair it could be lazy hardware. As a programmer it is always my job to blame artists.
The reason I targeted the art team was because I can't imagine they'd blow so much of their texture budget on the rest of the world so a big set piece had to suffer. It could all come down to time though.

The mip mapping works beautifully. It isn't a code issue =D

Squizzo

The titles for completing the new characters command training just says their name 'Ein' or 'Momiji' etc. When they should say 'Training Ein' or 'Training Momiji'.

DLC costumes that I haven't bought or downloaded (e.g. Santas pack) appear on computer opponents in team battle mode. Haven't noticed this in any other mode.

Mr.Kwiggle

Don't know if character bugs go in here too but I glitch I noticed yesterday. If Christie knocks you into an object say a vase or wall that breaks, when you go to do her 3pp or any string where she charges the punch, charge the throw animation won't start. She will just punch them I'm the gut and is left at negative!

Brute

Standard Donor
The titles for completing the new characters command training just says their name 'Ein' or 'Momiji' etc. When they should say 'Training Ein' or 'Training Momiji'.
That's not a bug. It's intentional and cool.

Omegan Eckhart

Lobbies still shit themselves inside out, massive pauses combined with the message "Disconnected". Thought I was just getting kicked out but then I got kicked out and got a different message.

werewolfgold

This is another "oversight" as opposed to a bug, but does anyone notice how some of Helena's battle grunts in English are mistimed? Kind of like there's a moment of silence in some of the audio files before the sound actually comes out. It was in DOA5 vanilla, too.

Dr Drake

The only Bugs i know are:

If Leon fights against Bayman, the Camera is turning around like u are watching a Replay. Fucking action Camera bug.

And Bass have a Problem with all Swingthrows, when he is beginning to swing the enemy around near a Pillar his Throws and Holds do no Dmg.

And there are a Ton of other Bugs on Bass.

I hope they fix them becasue Bass is such a great Fighter in DOA5U.

DyByHands

I havent been playing a whole lot, but I did notice that it refuses to let me keep the last tutorial title (42 I think). The title will pop up when I complete it but then later on it won't be in my titles list. Kind of bugs me out. Ive beaten the tutorial multiple times (and gotten the same title multiple times) but it remains "???" :mad:

360 version, btw.

Last edited:

Nate

I used Hayate's teleport during Busa's teleport and never came back. Time eventually ran out and I won because the health lead. I was probably SOMEWHERE on the map, but the camera made no attempt to focus me. PS3.

Chapstick

(PS3) My friend invited me to a lobby and everything seemed normal but when I tried to use any dlc outfits, they weren't there. I went to use Ayane's old schoolgirl but it just showed up as a blacked out dlc-you-don't-have clothing symbol. Tried this for all my characters I have dlc for and none of it was showing up. I left, my friend invited me again, and it was all suddenly there working just fine.

d3v

(PS3) My friend invited me to a lobby and everything seemed normal but when I tried to use any dlc outfits, they weren't there. I went to use Ayane's old schoolgirl but it just showed up as a blacked out dlc-you-don't-have clothing symbol. Tried this for all my characters I have dlc for and none of it was showing up. I left, my friend invited me again, and it was all suddenly there working just fine.
Does whether or not your opponent has the DLC catalogs affect what you can choose? It might have been because your friend didn't have the catalogs.

Chapstick

Does whether or not your opponent has the DLC catalogs affect what you can choose? It might have been because your friend didn't have the catalogs.
I don't think so, they probably just show up as the C1 icons like in vanilla for dlc you didn't have. I thought that originally because the catalog outfits didn't even have spaces in the list, but like I said even dlc I got back in 5 wasn't showing up as bought. It was just him and me in the lobby when the dlc wasn't showing up, then I exited, he reinvited me, and everything was suddenly there including the newest catalog stuff. Exiting and coming back fixed whatever went wrong.

Read Carefully

This is a bug that I find happens rarely on "The Ends of The Earth" snow winter level. It only affects spectators or fighters registered but that are not currently fighting. When one of the players in the match chooses Hayabusa and ends a round by doing an Izuna off the cliff which I believe has to be one of the counter Izuna holds, the immediate following round will take place in the sky as far as any and all spectators can see. The round to both participants however, the Hayabusa player and their opponent will appear as normal taking place on land as usual. However, the spectators will witness the next round taking place literally in the sky. I am not sure what causes this. It must be some kind of glitch where the end round position is incorrectly reset or such only for the spectators. If anyone could replicate this and make a video, it would be much appreciated. It's neat to see it. It's still weird though and I'm sure it's definitely unintended.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD