DOA6 Gameplay Thread

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I hope/anticipate they show off a fully developed physics engine that is at least as good if not better than Tekken 7's. Not because I personally want to see it but because I want them to stop getting harassed about it. (Also some booty jiggle would be on some next level "Yes" and would separate them from every other fighting game on the market in terms of the correct type of fan-service. Considering they seem to be going for outfits that cling nicely to the bottom... Especially Leifang's new C1... I'm pretty hopeful. It's not likely but one can wish.)

d3v

I hope/anticipate they show off a fully developed physics engine that is at least as good if not better than Tekken 7's. Not because I personally want to see it but because I want them to stop getting harassed about it. (Also some booty jiggle would be on some next level "Yes" and would separate them from every other fighting game on the market in terms of the correct type of fan-service. Considering they seem to be going for outfits that cling nicely to the bottom... Especially Leifang's new C1... I'm pretty hopeful. It's not likely but one can wish.)
What does this have to do with gameplay?

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
What does this have to do with gameplay?
Well on a surface level absolutely nothing. But it's all systemic right? If TN has their physics engine fully flushed out it also means their move animations, mechanics and etc are developed as well yeah? They've made it clear that the physics will not be their top priority so by saying I hope/anticipate for it, it means we'll be looking at a much closer to final build for them. Ideally in the final months leading up to launch itll just be plugging in characters and fine tuning balance and polish.

d3v

Well on a surface level absolutely nothing. But it's all systemic right? If TN has their physics engine fully flushed out it also means their move animations, mechanics and etc are developed as well yeah? They've made it clear that the physics will not be their top priority so by saying I hope/anticipate for it, it means we'll be looking at a much closer to final build for them. Ideally in the final months leading up to launch itll just be plugging in characters and fine tuning balance and polish.
The only physics that should be tied to the gameplay are those that are already in the game - gravity, collision, etc.. Stuff, which has already been in past games, and has been demonstrated to be in the game itself.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
The only physics that should be tied to the gameplay are those that are already in the game - gravity, collision, etc.. Stuff, which has already been in past games, and has been demonstrated to be in the game itself.
Just... Going to completely ignore the point of my response lol That's cool.

Anyway.

Hopefully TN doesnt do the boring expected thing at TGS and reveal just Honoka/Marie Rose/Ayane and brings in someone like Tina so we can see how a grappler handles in the new system. I'm curious to see people test out the OHs and big damage HiC throws. Wonder if FR can be crushed by Tina's :4::6::T__:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
TGS Trailer was juicy.

Now I wait for some terribly recorded iPhone videos to look into, as we KNOW Bayman, Ayane, Marie Rose and Honoka are going to be playable at TGS. Let's hope we see some new shit.

Honoka now has an air grab and Ayane has some stuff like Genra's aura blades. Looking forward to it.

GarryJaune

Nah, it will be more like
(Duck):P+K: > :7::P::4: > (Sway):P::K::K: > :6::K::K:

or even (Duck):P+K: > :9::K: > :K::K: > :7::K::K:/:5::K:

OR (Threshold) :3::3::P: > BT:P::K::K: > :6::K::K:

It's the second kick from the string that bounces now and not the last kick on the string.
anyway If first combo is existed,Zack would be happy
in DOA5 he can do :2::P::+::K::K: :6::K::K: after :8::P:bounce so I really hope KT keep it in DOA6‘s rebounce

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I seriously doubt they'd buff the recovery on that move to be completely honest. The move already high crushes and launches extremely high on both versions of Counter Hit. If anything, they can make it launch higher so you can get KK. But by doing KK after 3P+K you're probably already losing damage based on the DOA5 BnB by comparison. Zack's damage has seemingly been cut in half in DOA6, so we'll have to wait and see what the max damage will be in that game when it releases.

There will definitely be different situational uses for KK in a combo, not too sure if using it for conversion after 3P+K should be one of them though.

GarryJaune

Zack is one of my mains,he's such a fun charactor to play,but DOA6 basically remove force-tech (for now),so I'm worried that whether he could be same fun to play as DOA5.
what's more,No CB setups hurts Zack in the pain too,without CB,his damage obviously belows average which could be a big issue for him in non-force-tech DOA:(

GarryJaune

I wonder if 3P+K for Zack will recover faster to make it possible to land a 5kk.
clearly that shoryuken won't be buffed,that move is good as hell bro,using it wisely really screw his opponents up:cool:

on the other side I do really want KT buff his 5P and 5K's start-up frames,into 9f and 11f as before,and maybe buff some of his SP bazooka-fists into GB(+0),like PP8 P,236h P etc.

MasterHavik

clearly that shoryuken won't be buffed,that move is good as hell bro,using it wisely really screw his opponents up:cool:

on the other side I do really want KT buff his 5P and 5K's start-up frames,into 9f and 11f as before,and maybe buff some of his SP bazooka-fists into GB(+0),like PP8 P,236h P etc.
Yeah Funky roll should be safe block since it is a GB and make her recover faster so we could do something after it. I'll take +2 for god's sake.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD