DOA6 Gameplay Thread

human013

lol that is not my point

:)I think KT probably cares too much about new comers,they are making DOA a superficial game.

Firstly auto combo plays a important role in system while not ever a single serious fighting game dare to,well that's fine ,we're unique.
secondly cutting of SE which used to be a watershed of noob&pro,well that's fine too because that's good for my palmaris‘ health(ok~ok~)
now literally removing force-tech....
Well,I can't excuse this anymore,this making the game ugly.
Auto combos was already addressed, force tech may not be complete yet as another person posted, and another person said it might require two hits to force tech.

Just like how it was for the games I listed. People hear one or two things without actually playing the game in depth or even know what they are talking about and they start to say it is "a superficial game".

crapoZK

Standard Donor
We've had this discussion about Fatal Rush so many damn times on this website that I don't even want to give my two cents in anymore because I'll just sound like a broken record. But I'll say this.

FATAL RUSH SPAM WILL BE WACK AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF PLAY, JESUS.

GarryJaune

Auto combos was already addressed, force tech may not be complete yet as another person posted, and another person said it might require two hits to force tech.

Just like how it was for the games I listed. People hear one or two things without actually playing the game in depth or even know what they are talking about and they start to say it is "a superficial game".
1,actually played it already in TGS
2,yes.a superficial game ,for now. KT might perfect it in future but who knows?
3,auto combo is just one reason of superficiality,DOA6 gives up too many things,many mind games are fucked up due to this auto combo which used to be deep.
4,meters are easily fullfilled as hell,and basically no differences between characters.when doubted,press 4S lol
5,I love this game just like you guys,I spent over 3000hs in DOA5(online) I may not a pro player but I think at least I'm a knowledgeable player,so my conclusions are not coming out from "hear one or two things"bro;)

GarryJaune

reasons why I'm kinda disappoint

1,fake tracking moves are gone,like zack 6PK,honoka PK etc. that SS attack still strong as hell.what is read-hold ,fuck off
2,basically force-techs are gone,like tekken,opponent can lie on floor safely but tekken's WUKs are not invincible
3,loading speed is slow,especially in consoles
4,no,you can't hold in sit down stun,and no stagger escape,so DOA6's stun game is like guessing S attack or sit down stun,which is really funny .I would say that charaters without straight sit down stun moves gonna be really wick in stun game
5,launchers' height are almost same and no need to use high moves,because well we got auto combos.in DOA5 CBs can not replace mid in stun games in some degrees while DOA6's S attack can literally replace high launchers

my point is KT removed too many old mechanics while seems like they didn't add enough new shit in this game,thus,DOA6 is getting superficial

GarryJaune

People seem to forget that auto combos come with several drawbacks if you use them. Case in point: what @Raansu said.

It's not an instant-win button, but yet people think it is.
I'm not saying you can instant-win with button mashing bro,my point is DOA6 is getting superficial,pro players can always win noobs as usual,but in high-level matches you won't see mind games as deep as before

Raansu

I'm not saying you can instant-win with button mashing bro,my point is DOA6 is getting superficial,pro players can always win noobs as usual,but in high-level matches you won't see mind games as deep as before

Yes you will....Everything we have seen DoA6 is still very much DoA. Fatal Rush does not change up the approach at all. Its basically just a critical burst.

GarryJaune

Yes you will....Everything we have seen DoA6 is still very much DoA. Fatal Rush does not change up the approach at all. Its basically just a critical burst.
did you see DOA6 matches today? literally “DOA5”matches lol cause people seldom used S attacks and meters,we will see in future and of cause me myself gonna work hard in this game

speak of new version critical burst,I would say 6S cancel is the new critical burst
and S attacts sort kinda like christie's p+k,genfu's 4p+k leifang's 64P etc following some guarantee damage
I would say S attacks are much more dangerous because it can guarantee a 6S

Last edited:

Macca Beam

the problem is not the implementation. auto combos are unsafe and predictable. you're not likely to get anywhere far with them.
the problem is its existence. it's hard to take a fighting game seriously when it allows such a crutch.
3 way holds need to go as well.

GarryJaune

the problem is not the implementation. auto combos are unsafe and predictable. you're not likely to get anywhere far with them.
the problem is its existence. it's hard to take a fighting game seriously when it allows such a crutch.
3 way holds shouldn't be a problem I believe,meanwhile we have rules in matches
auto combos....well I think this "crutch" could be existed in some single play modes like story mode,or just a flashy noob-friendly tools without practicability.
Truth is,KT sets this auto combo in a very important place in DOA6‘s fighting system
I think it's accessable in the begining,while after tested in TGS,I found they removed too many mechanics for serving this auto combo system,I'm totally against this crap now

Raansu

reasons why I'm kinda disappoint

-fake tracking moves are gone,like zack 6PK,honoka PK etc. that SS attack still strong as hell.what is read-hold ,fuck off

-basically force-techs are gone,like tekken,opponent can lie on floor safely but tekken's WUKs are not invincible

-no,you can't hold in sit down stun,and no stagger escape,so DOA6's stun game is like guessing S attack or sit down stun,which is really funny .I would say that charaters without straight sit down stun moves gonna be really wick in stun game

-launchers' height are almost same and no need to use high moves,because well we got auto combos.in DOA5 CBs can not replace mid in stun games in some degrees while DOA6's S attack can literally replace high launchers

- Those moves shouldn't be "tracking" to begin with. SS being good is a good thing.

-This is a personal preference, but I despise how FT works in 4 and 5 given how DoA treats a tech rolling player basically putting them in an animation lock. FT's only further made that situation awful. Its why Helena's blender in 4 and vanilla 5 was so broken.

-How is this a bad thing? Hold before you get put into a sit down stun. Stagger escape is also a terrible mechanic and the very reason that sit down stuns became worthless for the majority of the cast in doa5. SE is also the reason why the wall game in DoA4 was completely pointless. SE in general has just been a crap mechanic in the last 2 iterations of the game.

-This is a return to older DoA games. I don't see how this is a bad thing. Can focus more on the neutral game and less on playing RPS stun games. From what we have seen, a threshold is still there (albeit thankfully lower than in 5) and you need to reach mach threshold to still get max juggle damage.

You're not listening, as usual.

How am I not listening? Everything we have seen shows that DoA6 still plays like DoA. A slow, high attack that's super unsafe on block and does horrible damage isn't going to drastically change how the core game plays. Meters have also shown to have little impact outside of basically stopping FR's. Comboing BB's into your juggle is basically just a PB in DoA5. Damage is relatively the same. The only major difference is the BB is a sabaki, but it seems pretty easy to avoid.

SE is gone, allowing deep stuns like sit downs to be more threatening, launch height and stun game is closer to doa3 focusing more on the neutral game, I just in general don't see the issues Garry is having. All I see is a game that is closer to DoA3 than the last 2 doa games and that is nothing but a good thing in my mind.

Raansu

Not many people are going to use 3-Way Holds since it's mostly used for beginners. 4-Way Holds are tournament standard.

Not to mention, DOA3 and DOAD had them, but it was implemented differently.

Stun system was drastically different in 3.....and you could lose 75% of your health from a single throw, so ya, 3 point wasn't much of an issue. DoAD on the other hand.....bleh

human013

1,actually played it already in TGS
2,yes.a superficial game ,for now. KT might perfect it in future but who knows?
3,auto combo is just one reason of superficiality,DOA6 gives up too many things,many mind games are fucked up due to this auto combo which used to be deep.
4,meters are easily fullfilled as hell,and basically no differences between characters.when doubted,press 4S lol
5,I love this game just like you guys,I spent over 3000hs in DOA5(online) I may not a pro player but I think at least I'm a knowledgeable player,so my conclusions are not coming out from "hear one or two things"bro;)
You are literally doing what people did for all the games I listed. Hear about auto combos, try it out "without actually playing the game in depth", and started to say the game is superficial.

All your other complaints are just parts of the never ending cycle for new fighting games. The new mechanics will be bad while the ones from the previous game was better. The new system, which has not been thoroughly been explored yet, sucks because it doesn't play like the old game so it is missing mechanics.

I'm just assuming here but I'm pretty sure people did the same when DOA5 was released.

Guess its a 3D fighter community mindset but the auto combo = "hard to take a fighting game seriously" is weird. DOA6 still plays like DOA but they just added a flashy auto combo. Other games have auto combos and people still take them seriously.

just_me

Standard Donor
What's the fundamental difference between an “Auto Combo” and any other Natural Combo in a 3D Fighter anyway?
How does something like Hayabusa's H+K,K,K (which you can also perform by just pressing H+K 3 times) or AAs and BBs in SC not meet the definition of Auto Combo?

DoA always had fancy looking attack sequences by just pressing the same button repeatedly and some of them were actual combos… now one of them is advertised by the game… I really don't see why this is a big deal?

(I still think chaining partial FRs into each other looks lame though :p )

The new mechanics will be bad while the ones from the previous game was better.

For years PB, PL and Cliff Hangers were considered crappy additions to the series that DoA doesn't need, but now that they are gone people come out of the woodwork and want those mechanics back lol

GarryJaune

- Those moves shouldn't be "tracking" to begin with. SS being good is a good thing.

-This is a personal preference, but I despise how FT works in 4 and 5 given how DoA treats a tech rolling player basically putting them in an animation lock. FT's only further made that situation awful. Its why Helena's blender in 4 and vanilla 5 was so broken.

-How is this a bad thing? Hold before you get put into a sit down stun. Stagger escape is also a terrible mechanic and the very reason that sit down stuns became worthless for the majority of the cast in doa5. SE is also the reason why the wall game in DoA4 was completely pointless. SE in general has just been a crap mechanic in the last 2 iterations of the game.

-This is a return to older DoA games. I don't see how this is a bad thing. Can focus more on the neutral game and less on playing RPS stun games. From what we have seen, a threshold is still there (albeit thankfully lower than in 5) and you need to reach mach threshold to still get max juggle damage.

How am I not listening? Everything we have seen shows that DoA6 still plays like DoA. A slow, high attack that's super unsafe on block and does horrible damage isn't going to drastically change how the core game plays. Meters have also shown to have little impact outside of basically stopping FR's. Comboing BB's into your juggle is basically just a PB in DoA5. Damage is relatively the same. The only major difference is the BB is a sabaki, but it seems pretty easy to avoid.

SE is gone, allowing deep stuns like sit downs to be more threatening, launch height and stun game is closer to doa3 focusing more on the neutral game, I just in general don't see the issues Garry is having. All I see is a game that is closer to DoA3 than the last 2 doa games and that is nothing but a good thing in my mind.
well I think this "return to older DoA "is a mistake,clearly DOA series' mechanics were perfecting in these recent years,in older DOA we saw too many broke mechanics like 3way hold,like wall game in 3&4,like unbalanced FT in 4 etc,the point is,DOA5LR became one of the most balanced fighting games among all FTGs,and THE most balanced version in DOA series,you can't deny that bro.DOA5LR's fighting system does have problems but still,it is the best among all DOA series
So why would KT abandon DOA's core mechanics?like SE like CB in 5 etc
All these changes as far as I see,is for serving the SSSS auto combo,believe or not,if SE existed,S attack's practicability gonna be much lower than now which I'd like to see in future.
And let's talk about SE,the most useful point of this mechanic is not for sit down stun bro,actually it's for small stuns in neutral game,like lee's P6P,everyone's low sweeps etc.In fact if you're eaten a sit down stun or any deep stuns(over 25 frames)in match,SE might save you lol but it does give high level players one more choice in stun games,which I think it's a watershed of noob&pro.
For auto combo,DOA6 just remove it without a hesitate,and the outcome is,high level players now share same choices with noobs,if you're stun ,then hold. well that's just back to my opinion again,campare with DOA5,DOA6 is much more superficial ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD