DOA6 New Character Speculation

Dee15gon

Heres some possible ideas that might suit Victor Donovan.
Donovan was always secretive. We all know he's a mad scientist.
But what if he was also a professional killer (unbeknownst to Christie and Bayman) and decides to deal with his enemies personally?
Rion-Hunter-as-Franco.jpg

11847_5.jpg

030608-ozymandias-big (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Donovan isn’t a scientist, he’s the leader of mist and former leader of DOATec. I don’t think Donovan should be fighter at the moment. We know so little about him except that he is the ass that started the cloning program of Hayate and Kasumi, and the resurrection of Raidou. I don’t see Donovan as a fighter, same with Ayame even though she probably could fight since she is a ninja as well.

Dee15gon

Donovan isn’t a scientist, he’s the leader of mist and former leader of DOATec. I don’t think Donovan should be fighter at the moment. We know so little about him except that he is the ass that started the cloning program of Hayate and Kasumi, and the resurrection of Raidou. I don’t see Donovan as a fighter, same with Ayame even though she probably could fight since she is a ninja as well.
What if he was a fighter and he wants everyone to think he wasn't?
I'd be fine with Donovan as a Mokujin. Just like a random button.
I'd prefer he doesn't be like his live action counterpart. I think he should have at least have some moves of his own while incorporating other fighters moves.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hope they don't add Donovan tbh. I want them to focus on adding new core characters, Donovan i feel should be an unplayable boss, but then again he doesn't appear to be a fighter. I feel like DOA6 will take the Tekken 7/TTT2 route with the final boss character being Phase 4 with attacks and other things that the player don't have access to like they did with Jun Kazama as Unknown and Kazumi(-_-) as Devil Kazumi(¬_¬). Donovan I hope he never becomes a legit fighter, he doesn't seem interesting besides being the big bad, hopefully Christie assasinates him or Kasumi or Helena defeat him and that'll be the end of that xD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
But the big bad has to step up to the plate eventually. Maybe he'll go all Hero Academia and experiment himself to make him the ultimate fighter. He could could get all jacked up like steroids while moving fast like a ninja from having various DNAs such as Hayabusa, Kasumi, Hayate, Ayane and so on (I swear, we need more intimidating final bosses like this). It's been years and we have yet to see Donovan actually take action and be playable, I think it's about time that man gets off that chair.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Donovan could be a possible future end boss but it would be weird to add him to 6. We already have 2 villains and one neutral one that likes to troll:nyotengu:Raidou is already the Jacked up boss that has moves from Various characters. Donovan would feel like a second rate Raidou by doing experiments on himself, it would honestly go into the *shudders* DOA movie direction... I personally hope that in 6 Hayate got affected by project epsilon, left his clan and became one of Donovan’s pawns. The story could go into many directions and having more core characters could really make the story go into an unexpected turn. We already have many characters whose intentions we have yet to see.

P2p1mbs

I hope they don't add Donovan tbh. I want them to focus on adding new core characters, Donovan i feel should be an unplayable boss, but then again he doesn't appear to be a fighter. I feel like DOA6 will take the Tekken 7/TTT2 route with the final boss character being Phase 4 with attacks and other things that the player don't have access to like they did with Jun Kazama as Unknown and Kazumi(-_-) as Devil Kazumi(¬_¬). Donovan I hope he never becomes a legit fighter, he doesn't seem interesting besides being the big bad, hopefully Christie assasinates him or Kasumi or Helena defeat him and that'll be the end of that xD

I don't see the point of adding in Donovan when his son is already a playable character. They could say the mask he wears gave him powers but it could also not. He's better off in his current role as being behind the scenes and when he does die, it will be in a cutscene.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
-Don't see a point-

But yet he's the big bad. Logic lol. If he's not playable then he's not playable, but there hasn't been a single individual here stating why he shouldn't be from either now or in the future.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't see the point of adding in Donovan when his son is already a playable character. They could say the mask he wears gave him powers but it could also not. He's better off in his current role as being behind the scenes and when he does die, it will be in a cutscene.
I mean if he is playable its whatever but it'll kind of ruin that big bad role he has if he's on the same playing field as everyone else, it's kind of how I feel about alpha, she was better as a boss but when she was made playable that kind of ruined her presence for me since anyone can fight her anywhere, it's just strange imo. I feel he'll basically be the game's end boss who's unplayable like Phase 4 in Vanilla to Last Round DOA5

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Just make Donovan like Wesker. There. Everyone's happy. He's a douchebag that nobody likes, but he's also the most badass character in the entire series and not even Hayabusa can take him in a straight 1v1. You can even give him multiple forms like what @DestructionBomb mentioned as a story mode boss but keep him sleek and sexy for the vs mode and online. Make him a mortal transcended to god that the entire roster has to team up against. He isn't trying to brew an army of Kasumis, he's trying to perfect his own genetic sequence to surpass mortality.

P2p1mbs

I mean if he is playable its whatever but it'll kind of ruin that big bad role he has if he's on the same playing field as everyone else, it's kind of how I feel about alpha, she was better as a boss but when she was made playable that kind of ruined her presence for me since anyone can fight her anywhere, it's just strange imo. I feel he'll basically be the game's end boss who's unplayable like Phase 4 in Vanilla to Last Round DOA5

I personally feel like he is better off not being playable because I think he would work better as a villain that doesn't get directly involved in the action, preferring to let his henchmen do the fighting for him. Like I said, his son is already playable so he can fill the role of the main fighting bad guy while his dad acts as the mastermind, he is the brains and Rig is the brawn basically.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I personally feel like he is better off not being playable because I think he would work better as a villain that doesn't get directly involved in the action, preferring to let his henchmen do the fighting for him. Like I said, his son is already playable so he can fill the role of the main fighting bad guy while his dad acts as the mastermind, he is the brains and Rig is the brawn basically.
That isn't good enough though. Not for a fighting game. That's well and good cinematically and I love the the concept but this is a fighting game. Street Fighter has a ton of scary ass villains in it's roster that have been playable. Tekken has the Mishimas who have reliably been top tier in their meta which is awesome and fits with their story line. DOA has... What... Rig? You think Rig is badass enough to be the baddest dude in the game? If Rig is a strong fighter papa Donovan has to be insanely badass. Like... Utterly dominate all 4 Ninja at the same time and make them run away with their tail between their legs badass.

P2p1mbs

You think Rig is badass enough to be the baddest dude in the game? If Rig is a strong fighter papa Donovan has to be insanely badass. Like... Utterly dominate all 4 Ninja at the same time and make them run away with their tail between their legs badass.

Rig is just one example, I mainly mention him since he's Donovan's son. He also has Christie (at least for now since its implied Christie actually hates him)all the Kasumi clones, cyborg Raidou, MAYBE a brainwashed Lisa, and maybe an army of mercs at his disposal. There is no real need for him to be directly involved in the action when he has so many other bodies he can send to fight.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD