DOA6 New Character Speculation

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Hard to speculate for now but please update Ein's animations, each one of them, start from scratch, and no more :6::ninja::4:

I need a real Boxer and a new grappler !
We already have 2 fighters that have boxing processed in their fighting style. Zack has Muay Thai aka kickboxing and Mila does MMA. We don’t need a character where the kick button is non existent. A new grappler would be amazing though.

Fantailler

We already have 2 fighters that have boxing processed in their fighting style. Zack has Muay Thai aka kickboxing and Mila does MMA. We don’t need a character where the kick button is non existent. A new grappler would be amazing though.

Every time i mention a Boxer the same argument pops up ! I saw it coming !

Why so much hate for the noble art ? :)

Steve Fox has no right to exist because of Bryan Fury ?

Nosense :mad:

P2p1mbs

We don’t need a character where the kick button is non existent.

For Naotora, the punch button was practically useless, if they wanted to add in a boxer type character, I think they can add a few basic kicks like stomps, knees or football style punts.

Since a lot here (myself included) want to see a judo fighter, maybe they can combine both style; having boxing as the main striking style and judo throws.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
For Naotora, the punch button was practically useless, if they wanted to add in a boxer type character, I think they can add a few basic kicks like stomps, knees or football style punts.

Since a lot here (myself included) want to see a judo fighter, maybe they can combine both style; having boxing as the main striking style and judo throws.
If they added kicking it would be kickboxing aka another Zack. Naotora did have some punches, in fact all her deeper stun moves are punches. Naotora mainly uses kicking as fighting but she doesn’t have an official fighting style like boxing.
Every time i mention a Boxer the same argument pops up ! I saw it coming !

Why so much hate for the noble art ? :)

Steve Fox has no right to exist because of Bryan Fury ?

Nosense :mad:
This isn’t tekken so I’m not even gonna go there. A character with only punch moves would make H+K and regular K useless. I mean I wouldn’t mind a boxing character if people want that but I don’t really want a character that makes other buttons completely useless.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I wouldn't mind a dedicated Mízōngquán or Wing Chun character akin to Pai. I always found she brought a lot of distinct style and grace to fights.

Fantailler

If they added kicking it would be kickboxing aka another Zack. Naotora did have some punches, in fact all her deeper stun moves are punches. Naotora mainly uses kicking as fighting but she doesn’t have an official fighting style like boxing.

This isn’t tekken so I’m not even gonna go there. A character with only punch moves would make H+K and regular K useless. I mean I wouldn’t mind a boxing character if people want that but I don’t really want a character that makes other buttons completely useless.

I translated your argument to tekken because of their fighting styles,not strictly comparing games.

Kick is just a button in the end, give the punch assigned to it some kick properties and you wouldn't see the difference. Circular/tracking/range etc

Just a matter of properties tbh, ofc less range but faster.,after it's just a matter of balance. There are characters centered around kick and it's not a problem.It's trickier though...

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I translated your argument to tekken because of their fighting styles,not strictly comparing games.

Kick is just a button in the end, give the punch assigned to it some kick properties and you wouldn't see the difference. Circular/tracking/range etc

Just a matter of properties tbh, ofc less range but faster.,after it's just a matter of balance. There are characters centered around kick and it's not a problem.It's trickier though...
It’s called a kick button for a reason, it would be strange to call it a kick button when there are like, no kicks whatsoever.

Fantailler

It’s called a kick button for a reason, it would be strange to call it a kick button when there are like, no kicks whatsoever.

You're nitpicking ...

Jann lee's :6::P+K: is not a kick but there's kick in it, what do we do now ?

When yo punch you generally want to make a step first, i'm nitpicking too :)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Some characters are better off as background characters.

But again, that's not a reason. There should always be deductive reasoning as to why one should not include the character as well as why one should include one.

I'll use Ein for example. Personally I think Ein should stay, but if there was a reason why he doesn't come back or does not return as launch build then it's because of this:

1) Ein no longer exist. As long as Hayate is here, then Ein is the shadow he left a long time ago

2) Ein was cool, but his gameplay portions weren't the best of attractions that make people want to pick him up due to gameplay reasons alone. Not many Japan players would like to use him either.

3) If Ein ever does return, he likely only returned out of pure fanservice for the teens that are horny for him, or perhaps simply out of nostalgia or pity of Ein and it's players. Me on the other hand? I'd like him to stay because there may be hope for him to retain his cool factors back but this is pure off world ideas so if he doesn't return then there are reasons for that.

You come up with possible reasons as to why a character does not return or can't be an entry. As for Donovan, he is a scientist. Scientists come up with theories and hypothesis, scientists also have a knack on experimenting on themselves to achieve a certain goal(s) of performing risks even if it messes up their body (mostly evil scientists). Donovan looks like the guy who must achieve absolute results, so a plot like this wouldn't be a surprise turn since many other games/shows etc. have characters that do this. Are they going to take this route? it's a little on the 50/50 considering Donovan has henchmen to do his work, but eventually there will come a point where the heroes will just eat up all his resources and he'll have to make his last stand before dropping for good and then a new villain arises to take the mantle. It's how things work (for the most part).

Last edited:

Dee15gon

What if DOA6 had a fighter like this?
He could be "Project Gamma", hehehe...
Black_Hole_003.jpg

Detoxing

I’m hoping for a larger female grappler-kinda like a female bass. I also think all of the dlc, except maybe P4 are gonna be in. Honoka & Marie were weaved into the story for a reason, especially Marie.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD