DOA6 violence discussion

jjinkou2

What do you think of the new direction taken with blood, facial expression translating the suffering?

doa6-breakblow4-1528465436104.jpg

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I wonder if the blood will have a filter option. I'm guessing that it will, but I will leave this violence on. Adds to the intensity of the fight so why not?

HHH816

- i like the new direction but i'd prefer blood coming out from the character not on screen cause it's visually distracting

- violence still feel superficial (should learn from tekken a thing or two)

Dionysus

Reminds me a lot of the Fight Night boxing series. Still, as long as there's an option for it (which is pretty likely), I see no problem.

Macca Beam

it's aesthetically trash. especially the screen jelly that seems to come out of nowhere. i don't know what went through their minds when they took a clean, vibrant series and tacked on dirt, dust, sweat and now blood and bruises. it's like it's the only way to flex your NEXT GEN GRAFFIX nowadays. fill the screen with shit. they recently did this with dw9 as well. by the time doa7 comes around you'll have limbs flying off and xrays

with that said violence plays right into my ryona fetish so idm ¯._(ツ)_.¯

- violence still feel superficial (should learn from tekken a thing or two)
uhhhh you mean the series where a nuclear explosion goes off whenever two things come into contact?

Last edited:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
it's aesthetically trash. especially the screen jelly that seems to come out of nowhere. i don't know what went through their minds when they took a clean, vibrant series and tacked on dirt, dust, sweat and now blood and bruises. it's like it's the only way to flex your NEXT GEN GRAFFIX nowadays. fill the screen with shit. they recently did this with dw9 as well. by the time doa7 comes around you'll have limbs flying off and xrays

uhhhh you mean the series where a nuclear explosion goes off whenever two character comes into contact?
It's also worth noting, as has been presented a few times in this thread, that it will likely be completely optional. Even in 5 you had the option to turn off the sweat and the dirt (And even the hit effects) to completely remove all distractions and give a nice clean presentation. I doubt they would change that here especially if they're trying to get more respect from the FGC and consideration for proper ESports status. I hope they let you make an input to skip the face cam as well.

PJudge

The blood is an interesting addition, although I did prefer having the more clean option - that said Mortal Kombat is the only other game I can think of where blood was prominent so hopefully it doesn't go that way.

That said, I can't wait to see the close ups on some of Leon's moves!

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
The blood is an interesting addition, although I did prefer having the more clean option - that said Mortal Kombat is the only other game I can think of where blood was prominent so hopefully it doesn't go that way.

That said, I can't wait to see the close ups on some of Leon's moves!
Could be some wacky screenshots of people's face cams when they get caught by Tina's MDT as well.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

uhhhh you mean the series where a nuclear explosion goes off whenever two things come into contact?

....... did you just call yourself trash?

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I'm really interested to see how this will work for the female characters. Especially the face punch with widly distorted faces. I just can't image it right now.
I'm however sure there will be an option to turn it off, like sweat and dirt.

Lmao. "We decided to go in a direction that reduces the over-saturation of sexualized content involving our female characters."
"And replaced it with graphic close ups of them getting hit in the face, and possibly by male characters."

jjinkou2

I'm really interested to see how this will work for the female characters. Especially the face punch with widly distorted faces. I just can't image it right now.
I'm however sure there will be an option to turn it off, like sweat and dirt.

at last someone said that! strangely the only picture we have is only male characters. Once we'll see swollen face of girls, i'm not sure i'll still play.

branded_rick

I remember when LR came out on Steam there was a "Bloody Mod" where you replace the sweat textures with blood. Since then it was something Ive wanted because it would make it feel more realistic. I'm not asking for something as extreme as MK gore but something that would happen in real life. Being made by TN and published by KT I wouldn't be surprised if there was a switch to turn it off. The Berserk Musou had an option to turn off gore which I left on because it's Berserk. The KT Attack on Titan games also had a gore on and off option as well.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm always mystified when people take a different approach towards violence with women than with men.

Anyway, I'd like to see the characters get some cuts and blemishes throughout the course of a fight, but I'm not a fan of blood effects on the screen. TN did that both with the blood spatter and pulsating red gradient in NG3, and it was absolutely terrible. If they want to include that in DOA6, they really need to include a toggle to turn it off.

jjinkou2

I'm always mystified when people take a different approach towards violence with women than with men.
No difference should be done. Violence has no sex, it's violence and i can't see anything cool in the image above.
I took exemple on women more in the way of "weaker" against "stronger". i should have taken the example of children and the image would have popped more.

Last edited:

KnacKrover

Welcome to fight club!!
take note from Yakuza series they've really good intense combat system also with blood.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD