DOA6 violence discussion

Jadeinchains

The blood splatter on the screen while a cool affect I agree kinda gets in the way so hopefully that can be toggled on and off, But yeah the new bruising and cuts etc I think Is a pretty cool addition, I'm sure you'll be able to switch that on and off as well anyway. Since we haven't seen it yet It will be interesting to see how it is with Kasumi etc.

Truth

I actually love it. And I think it will help it cross into western markets because there is something very cheesy (in a Japan way) about the overly glossy graphics we have been seeing for some years.

The blood and less sexualisation will make the game look more appealing to someone who plays call of duty or smth.

Lulu

I also love me some mild Bruising... it goes well together with the Grease and Sweat...

But no Blood... please no blood...

werewolfgold

I find it odd that people would be against blood when Ninja Gaiden is what it is. Not to mention that I'm fairly sure blood was prominently featured in quite a few of the DOA4 endings at least. It's not like it's completely out of left field.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I find it odd that people would be against blood when Ninja Gaiden is what it is. Not to mention that I'm fairly sure blood was prominently featured in quite a few of the DOA4 endings at least. It's not like it's completely out of left field.

It's not really the blood itself, but more of the fact that while DOA had some some obvious "if this was real, the fighter would be dead period" moments, it was never all that brutal so the emergence of blood and even more obvious bruises rubs people the wrong way.

It would be like if Street Fighter went back to SF2 where you can see the fighters visibly puke and have blood gush out, people would think SF is trying to be like MK but SF had that in it's roots.
It doesn't help that DOA doesn't really have that many punch-able females in it and for those who do want to deck Marie Rose or Kasumi in the face, there's plenty who feel that it would be way too much to see their favorites nearly looking like they've been beat to shit.

You have to look at it from their perspective. Some people may even have this problem with the male characters getting their shit pushed in, I wouldn't be surprised if people turn angry that Ryu Hayabusa can come out of a DOA match looking worse than he ever did in any NG title.

Cadaveri

Just saw on twitter: https://twitter.com/RumblexRoses/status/1006867487533645824

Ye there's a reason their not putting in the VV characters :eek:

DfkcimYVAAAHtQX.jpg

DfkckRAUwAAg0kx.jpg

Cadaveri

Seeing this makes me wonder how the closeup will work for Christie since her hand strikes are neither punches or palm strikes...

Yeah indeed, time will show us I guess.
Also I wonder where the person in twitter got these pictures from :O

HHH816

Seeing this makes me wonder how the closeup will work for Christie since her hand strikes are neither punches or palm strikes...

good question. maybe only guys with punches can do that.. maybe they add other kind of strike along the way.

btw they should do violence close-up for grab move too.

P2p1mbs

good question. maybe only guys with punches can do that.. maybe they add other kind of strike along the way.

The trailer showed Helena doing a palm strike with the close up.

It also makes me wonder if they would do closeups like that for kicks. Imagine one of the girls kicking someone while wearing a shoe with pointy heels :eek:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor

btw they should do violence close-up for grab move too.
I've been hoping for this. I want a close up every time I land an MDT with Tina on someone carelessly throwing out holds.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Xhominid The Demon Within

Nope. I don't mind at all. They're fighting. Fighting hurts. If you want to look pretty, go to a fashion show.

I'm not saying that for you, I'm just saying that there are people that's going to feel that way. It's kinda why in fighting games that used to show the characters getting massively bruised up or beaten after matches to not have those effects anymore or as much I should say.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Neither are kasumi’s strikes, her close up is a gut punch!

The face strikes remove masks and hoods, I hope we see battle damage to the armour ( tastefully done of course)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD