EVO 2013: DoA5 has a shot! But there's a catch...

evo.jpg

So the EVO 2013 lineup was announced just moments ago on Wakeup SRK, and it's the largest EVO roster in years. Dead or Alive 5, unfortunately, is not on the main roster. This is due in no small part to a lack of consistent offline support in comparison to other games. We've been on the upswing, especially after the solid showing at NEC, however we have a lot of building to do yet. This is something that we're still working hard on changing, but this is currently our reality.

Now, the title says we still have a shot, and we do, but that catch is really going to put us in a put up or shut up position like never before! The Player's Choice slot, EVO 2013's eighth title, goes to the community and game that donates the most money to a chosen charity. The other part was that the game had to receive more than 500 votes in the poll that ran on the EVO Facebook page, which we did pull off. As of this writing, the donation page (link at the top) states we have 21 days to donate as much as we can, or til the end of January.

This is a chance for the entire DoA community to back our game. Online players, offline players, stream monsters, EVERYONE has an equal opportunity to help out the community. If you can't travel, toss a few bucks at the donation. If you prefer online play for any reason, donate anyway. If you do travel, definitely donate. Everyone should be donating as much as they can so that we can get our game back on the EVO main stage. Even if that doesn't happen, your money still goes to charity.

So DoA community: FSD members and DoAWorld members, online and offline players, casuals and pros...the time to step up or stay off to the side is coming!

I'm hapy for skulgirls, just as much as I'm sad for DOA...

Yeah, same here. It looks like a pretty legit game and as much as I love SSBM, I'd rather see Skullgirls get in because it seems like it could use the publicity. Melee seems to do fine.

Of course, I'd rather see Dead or Alive 5 make it over anything though.

Those are some depressing numbers... Mario is not totally shocking but how is DOA getting beaten by a digital title? Is there a big SG scene? I've never met anyone who's even mentioned the game.

I follow SG and Smash in the other forums and they are really well organized. Streams, podcasts, youtubes, getting known people to spread the word, social media, etc. They are planning to get League of Legends players for help :eek:

Plus, since SG became the closest fighter to Smash, people stopped donating to their choice game and instead to SG. Just to prevent Smash from winning it.

It's why we were telling people to not hold off on donations for the last few days.

Down to the wire with SG and Smash... Everyone's saying SFxT should be dropped in exchanged for both games getting in. Frankly I'm shocked SFxT is even in there

BTW tried SG, not bad for an indie studio. Just not a huge fan of the art ;p

SFxT 2013 is awesome. It should not be dropped in favor of Smash or SG. Both games are, in my opinion, inferior by a large margin.

Plus, since SG became the closest fighter to Smash, people stopped donating to their choice game and instead to SG. Just to prevent Smash from winning it.

It's why we were telling people to not hold off on donations for the last few days.
Partly true.

That said, you shouldn't discount how the SG community came together to pull this off. No drama with folks saying shit about the money going to the wrong charity and such. Just folks buttoning down and giving as much as they can... as well as those who can't give any more doing what they can to promote the darn thing.

Partly true.

That said, you shouldn't discount how the SG community came together to pull this off. No drama with folks saying shit about the money going to the wrong charity and such. Just folks buttoning down and giving as much as they can... as well as those who can't give any more doing what they can to promote the darn thing.

No doubt.

At this point I'm hoping that Super Turbo gets in. I refuse to be sitting in that ballroom on finals day and watch fucking Smash. Knowing the FGC, that'll be an even bigger walkout than MK gets, which turned into the time to get food and take a piss last year. If Smash gets in, I'm walking the hell out. Hopefully I end up judging again so my spot gets held.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD