Famitsu: Ein and Jacky (VF) enter DOA5U with New (Returning) Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

It didn't hit me until just now, this also confirms return of DOA3's Forest... It was one of my all-time fav stages but I think it actually looked better on Xbox 1 though, same with Lost World.

doa5u_stage_01.jpg

doa3_forest.jpg

l_519c70f2130ad.jpg

831.jpg
To be honest, DOA3 Lost World & Forest looks way more realistic than DOA5U which is not good. :( By the way, don't you guys think it should be the opposite? You know...Next gen consoles using superior graphics chip (PS3/360 being more powerful than Xbox/PS2). lol

Edit: I think TN should eliminate that blurry/foggy shit because it's making it look worse.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Now that Ein is confirmed all I care about are stages and the system mechanics.
Hahah! What a devotion for Ein! Hahah! I would have prefered Momiji using Tengu's fighting style, or perhaps an alter ego: devil Momiji. Uff, my mouth starts to watering...!

Rubedood

VF5FS has some of the best animations in the genre. Perhaps their frame data compared to everyone else in DoA5 made them look weird in comparison. Not that I have too much of a problem with it, but I tend to overlook the discrepancies easily.

But yeah, what most people here don't know is how wonky most of the animations were in VF5 vanilla. They were still using anims from the first two games, which DOA still does. FS was a HUGE improvement. Hell even R was a significant improvement, unfortunately, no one will ever got to play that

Koompbala

Hey look at that Offbeat is back(if its the real one that is). Hey i got one question is your GT by any chance Offbeat Ninjas now?

Its been clarified already that "Offbeat Ninjas" is not him. I remember that troll from 4. How much you wanna bet Darth Vader is the one with that account. Hes probably the one with this FSD account also.

Ghosty-J

But yeah, what most people here don't know is how wonky most of the animations were in VF5 vanilla. They were still using anims from the first two games, which DOA still does. FS was a HUGE improvement. Hell even R was a significant improvement, unfortunately, no one will ever got to play that
R really was a huge improvement. Even then some animations were noticeably wonky with Akira compared to how it looks in FS. Most noticeably his :3::H+K: string and that weird looking low-to-high kick he used to have. I'm glad they adjusted those to where they are now XD

DeathHand

To be honest, DOA3 Lost World & Forest looks way more realistic than DOA5U which is not good. :( By the way, don't you guys think it should be the opposite? You know...Next gen consoles using superior graphics chip (PS3/360 being more powerful than Xbox/PS2). lol

Edit: I think TN should eliminate that blurry/foggy shit because it's making it look worse.
not sure about forest but lost world does look better in doa3.do u guys still remember that realistc water from lost world in doa 3.mind blowing in that time

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Every stage in DOA3 was solid gold.. best stage designs in the series .. i hope they bring them all back..
Forest , Lorieli, Doatec, the snow slope, even that steel cage tag stage..

It would be cool if they blended the japanese temple stage you see in the DOA3 intro with the new NG2 stage ... like .. make it a hybrid for when you fall out of the window you end up in the NG2 part .. I think that would be awesome :) (the floor in that stage was so shiny.. )

Also, still looking forward to the raining stage ... (Shinbori promised a rainy stage.. :D )
Yes!!! A rainy stage as the excellent one of DOAU even with super lightning effects!!! :D

Sam Sultan

Its been clarified already that "Offbeat Ninjas" is not him. I remember that troll from 4. How much you wanna bet Darth Vader is the one with that account. Hes probably the one with this FSD account also.
I see i guess i was just being trolled then thanks for clarifying.

Chaos

Damn I hate these new announcements and teases. Makes me feel like I'm on crack or something, keep checking the forum every 2 seconds.
I feel the same way. Constantly checking the forum every 2 seconds like you said and hoping if theres any new info, I think I have a problem LOL. XD

xINFINITELIGHTx

You will get the #1 Ein spot if you can defeat me.

IF IT ISN'T THE OFFBEAT NINJA! GOD BLESS YOU AND JESUS IS LORD AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!

Of course! the TITLE is YOURS! I would never challenge you to such a battle! You, who HOLD the TITLE of the most STRATEGIC POSITIONING DOA player I have ever faught.

But know this, my #1 Hitomi will defeat your #1 Ein!

Edit: It's not him? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm disappointed and said :(

Ghosty-J

I think it's just me, but I actually like how vibrant Forest looks in DoA5U. I can agree with everyone else here that Lost World looks better in DoA3. Just add some water effects and a rainbow, then we have ourselves a perfect replica : P

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am soooooooo happy forrest is making a return, however, it should get the scamble stage treatment...the lighting, and the contrast between light and dark made that stage pop... A lot more stages should have such treatment.

I actually think lost world looks fine. It is far more faithful than the forrest stage.

xINFINITELIGHTx

I am soooooooo happy forrest is making a return, however, it should get the scamble stage treatment...the lighting, and the contrast between light and dark made that stage pop... A lot more stages should have such treatment.

I actually think lost world looks fine. It is far more faithful than the forrest stage.

Yes I agree fellow DOA SCIENTIST VirtuaPAI we must break down the stage and it's weaknesses and strengths in the name of strategic positioning!

Gultigargar

So Ein's 3K no longer causes a sitdown in stun, it seems? That's kind of sad, getting nerfed in your own reveal trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD