Famitsu: Ein and Jacky (VF) enter DOA5U with New (Returning) Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
xINFINITELIGHTx said:
Yes I agree fellow DOA SCIENTIST VirtuaPAI we must break down the stage and it's weaknesses and strengths in the name of strategic positioning!

Lmao, i was going in back in the day about Doa. But it was fun to do when you had such great intricate stages. Doa4 killed it, and 5 is barely better. Now, with these returning stages, we can fully appreciate the strategic depth....something i missed dearly and couldnt put a finger on it till you pointed it out! Just need to bring in all of doa3 stages lol.

Raansu

Is it just me or does Hitomi animate differently in that trailer? It almost looks more..stiff? Oh, and a high punch added to 6pk...whoopdie do.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Damn you TN, how the hell do you manage to fit so much awesomeness into one trailer? You're just making the wait for DOA5U painful now. What are you going to do next? Produce a trailer with Tengu and Raidou in it while Leon goes around breaking random peoples' necks? I can't bear the thought...

With that out of the way, I gotta say that the Lost World stage looks utterly breathtaking and can't wait to see the final product. Hitomi looks adorable with her new ponytail and vintage denim outfit, and dammit TN does she always have to be the one to get her ass kicked XD? Last time it was Ayane, now it's Ein. But I'm sure that Ein did it completely out of love!

Wasn't keen on Jacky at first, but he looked pretty fuckin' awesome in that trailer. Sweet tag throw and powerblow. As for tag throws, I wonder if we'll see more Rig players now after that brutal tag throw with Christie?

Blazeincarnated

haa.png

Christie did get a new hairstyle. hehe..

Edit:TN AGAIN WITH THE SURPRISES! lol

SaihateDYNAMO

doa5u_groupb_stage_fov6sbd.jpg

A new Kasumi outfit AND the DOA3 Forest stage? I'm getting new reasons to go back to DOA each day! September can't come any sooner.....

Chaos

Lmao, i was going in back in the day about Doa. But it was fun to do when you had such great intricate stages. Doa4 killed it, and 5 is barely better. Now, with these returning stages, we can fully appreciate the strategic depth....something i missed dearly and couldnt put a finger on it till you pointed it out! Just need to bring in all of doa3 stages lol.
Like I said before DOA3 stages are extremely memorable. :)

dawnbringer

Kinect mentioned in small text with other trademarks in closing part of the video. Be prepared for some sort of Kinect integration to be announced.

Rubedood

Well, if they're bring back old stages from DOA3, then I'd like to see the tower stage(the one where you can hit someone through a glass window onto the street).

DeathHand

well I got so crazy (who am I kiding I still am xD ) with one of my mains return that I had to do a new wallpaper for my xbox based on the images already released.just uploading in case theres more Ein fans out here .hope u guys enjoy it.its quick stuff 15min or so.cant wait for more character and stages like that dojo from doa3,the one with awesome reflections on the floor to be showend as a suprise =´D~
einwallpaper.jpg

Dacthunder

To be honest, DOA3 Lost World & Forest looks way more realistic than DOA5U which is not good. :( By the way, don't you guys think it should be the opposite? You know...Next gen consoles using superior graphics chip (PS3/360 being more powerful than Xbox/PS2). lol

Edit: I think TN should eliminate that blurry/foggy shit because it's making it look worse.
I'd have to disagree on that one, textures feel more flat on DOA 3 on both levels. The only thing cool about DOA 3 Forest compared to DOA5U is that is has more trees, however, trees on DOA 3 is not as realistic, plus each tree feel like clone and there's not as much variety as the DOA5 U Forest, same goes with Lost World it's pretty bland in comparison especially in colors.

RikWeaN

Is it just me or does Hitomi animate differently in that trailer? It almost looks more..stiff? Oh, and a high punch added to 6pk...whoopdie do.
Is it ?
Usually, 6pk ends with a knee, here it looks like a regular kick... could be a new different string starting with 6p altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD