[Feb 28, 2014] Level Up Presents SoCal Regionals 2014 (Irvine, California)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
If my converter gets banned at this event then I will not be going. FGC is in an uproar about the cronus device right now. Never had anyone complain about it before, but I guess you gotta blame something.

I can't play DOA5 on Xbox controller at all.

Have you spoke with Valle about it yet?

Tenren

k so far they are not banned, if they are found to cause issue then will be, As Hajin said hit him up on FB, super cool guy and will get back to yah when he isnt busy

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Yeah so he actually just banned them. So either I gotta find another quality converter that converts PS3 to 360, which doesn't seem to be all that common, or just not go.

I guess another alternative would be to either learn PS2 or 360 pad. Bleh.

Tenren

yah he has a very long post on fb asking if people are having issues lol

you could alwasy pick up a mlp pro xbox pad and have the ps3 dpad droped in --- granted thats $99 for a xbox pad lol

Last edited:

Vincent Rayne

Do you have the XBL guide menu randomly pop up on you when using it? That was like one of the only problems I read about it.
i didn't even know it was an issue :p but i've only had one issue with the thing, which is small, and that's been on a occasion the converter didn't respond. for that you have to restart the system you are plugging into. but that has rarely happened to me.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Honestly reasons behind the cronus bans are pretty legit. They can burn out your controller port for your console(my PS3 actually suffered this) and it can cause other problems. Hopefully those who need it will find other converters/pads that will work better.

Anton

3 more weeks until the tournament! Sign up everyone. I have to sign up onsite cuz my sponsor signed me up for the tournament and I can't add on games until on site :(.

And update: CRONUS DEVICES ARE BANNED.
It is known to cause problems (which I have felt first hand) and burn out USB ports. Just to clarify a bit.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD