[Feb 28, 2014] Level Up Presents SoCal Regionals 2014 (Irvine, California)

Ael

Good luck to all the participants! Should be a fun tourney. :D

And, a quick question. Since only Pool 2 is gonna get streamed on Friday, are you guys planning on recording non-streamed matches also to upload later? There are plenty of matches I wanna see so I hope so.

Last edited:

Tenren

yah there really is no room to setup a recording station. Can catch video with camera tho. So most will prolly be recorded that way

Reactions: Ael

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
People can always record with their phones or camcorder if they have it for non streamed matches.

Hikari-Senca

Top 3 was soooooooo hype!!! I loved every moment of it. Great job CrazySteady, Hajin and Shade!!!! I can't wait to watch GF again! Hajin.... :(

Brute

Standard Donor
First of all, I'd like to say it was a great experience coming out there and playing offline with so many great players. This really is where the community is, and I need to do more to get out there, support it and grow from it.

I am very, very disappointed with my play this tournament. This was my chance not only to prove what I can do, but to put Hayabusa back on the radar of the offline competitive scene, and I dropped the ball. I have no one to blame but myself, but as they say, there's no point in dwelling on the past. I intend to learn from it, build upon it, and step up my game so that the next time I'm there, I am there.

That said, I would like to thank everyone who made it out and offer my congratulations, particularly to @CrayCraySteady and the other finalists. There were some truly amazing games and the turnout and dedication displayed here shows that Cali has a strong and loyal offline scene.

Finally, I'd like to thank @Tenren @Requiem @iHajinShinobi @Commmanda Panda @NukNuks et al for the support, advice and guidance you gave me. I truly appreciate everything you have done to keep me fighting. And to everyone I met for the first time this weekend, it was pleasure to get to know you all. Great people all around.

PS: Yeah, that was me on stream commentary. I don't really know what I was doing, but hopefully it wasn't too bad.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
First of all, I'd like to say it was a great experience coming out there and playing offline with so many great players. This really is where the community is, and I need to do more to get out there, support it and grow from it.

I am very, very disappointed with my play this tournament. This was my chance not only to prove what I can do, but to put Hayabusa back on the radar of the offline competitive scene, and I dropped the ball. I have no one to blame but myself, but as they say, there's no point in dwelling on the past. I intend to learn from it, build upon it, and step up my game so that the next time I'm there, I am there.

That said, I would like to thank everyone who made it out and offer my congratulations, particularly to @CrayCraySteady and the other finalists. There were some truly amazing games and the turnout and dedication displayed here shows that Cali has a strong and loyal offline scene.

Finally, I'd like to thank @Tenren @Requiem @iHajinShinobi @Commmanda Panda @NukNuks et al for the support, advice and guidance you gave me. I truly appreciate everything you have done to keep me fighting. And to everyone I met for the first time this weekend, it was pleasure to get to know you all. Great people all around.

PS: Yeah, that was me on stream commentary. I don't really know what I was doing, but hopefully it wasn't too bad.
I ended up not watching too much of the tournament because I had other things going on. What I did come away with was that Requiem talks too much on commentary and ran you over repeatedly with a verbal truck. You were just too quiet is all. The mic was too far from your mouth. Luckily the things Requiem was saying were solid and where you found a brief hole to rush that mic down you did well too.

Can't say much to the matches though I did see some solid play, though far from our best as a community.

ModusPwnins

Not too surprised, but still rather disappointed with how I did this time around. Rewatching my matches, I honestly think there were several times when I should've just switched characters and taken an additional 30 seconds or so to really digest what just happened, instead of going in balls out and putting myself in a bad corner.....but alas my instincts just weren't there that day. Oh well, all signs point to more practice and experience needed.

Either way, good games to everyone I played both tourney and casuals. Hopefully I have shown improvement since day 1.

Requiem

I ended up not watching too much of the tournament because I had other things going on. What I did come away with was that Requiem talks too much on commentary and ran you over repeatedly with a verbal truck. You were just too quiet is all. The mic was too far from your mouth. Luckily the things Requiem was saying were solid and where you found a brief hole to rush that mic down you did well too.

Can't say much to the matches though I did see some solid play, though far from our best as a community.
Honestly, I was talking quite a bit because I asked Brute to hop on last minute (we didn't have much of anyone else to do it), and since brand new commentators often say nothing or find it hard to say anything, I was expecting to keep the beat of the match. But for someone I threw on last second, I thought Brute did well. Actually able to do anecdote well; most cannot. I was proud.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Honestly, I was talking quite a bit because I asked Brute to hop on last minute (we didn't have much of anyone else to do it), and since brand new commentators often say nothing or find it hard to say anything, I was expecting to keep the beat of the match. But for someone I threw on last second, I thought Brute did well. Actually able to do anecdote well; most cannot. I was proud.
I don't disagree with you. Actually said more or less the same thing without knowing why he was on the mic. Since you did take the time to quote me, though, I have one piece of feedback for you: it's pronounced "e-pit-o-me" not "epi-tome" lol. That drove me nuts.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I just want to thank all the players who were able to make it out and show support for the Westcoast DOA community, and the general DOA community. I hope in the future I get the chance to meet the players I have not had the pleasure to meet yet. I also hope players do not give up and continue to improve and help our scene grow. Dammit Brute we need to meet already and get some offline matches. I swear you're like bad luck. Every time you can make a event it seem to always be a time when I can't make it. I'm glad you guys had fun, and top 3 was a blast to watch(I actually watched it while in computer lab for my class at school XD). I hope to see you guys at events soon.

Also again congrats to CrazySteady on his tournament win. Congrats to Hajin and Shade for placing top 3 and putting on some really good matches. Hajin we will be playing more offline real soon.

Requiem

I don't disagree with you. Actually said more or less the same thing without knowing why he was on the mic. Since you did take the time to quote me, though, I have one piece of feedback for you: it's pronounced "e-pit-o-me" not "epi-tome" lol. That drove me nuts.
Hahaha, I'll work on that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD