Final Fantasy Thread

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
DISSIDIA ARCADE UPDATE:

A new stage has just been revealed, and it's from Final Fantasy 4. Unfortunately, it's not the Tower of Babel, but the Moon's Surface... again.

I'll take this version over the previous one. I really disliked all the pillars EVERYWHERE on that stage.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
EVERYWHERE on that stage.

Wait, Lunar Subterrane had pillars everywhere?

Dissidia012Mond.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

It was a pretty big moderate stage and there are big pillars in the middle with smaller ones on the sides. A huge ton of people liked this stage as well. I'm neutral with the stage so there's that.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Big chunk of gameplay of the FFXII remaster:

Hmm...I've been thinking about maybe getting this. I never played XII before... But it does look graphically and game mechanics-wise dated. Things I would probably hate are the barren landscapes and the loading times (even if short) every 30 metres or so. It's just so immersion breaking. I really do like my RPG worlds open and in one piece. :/

Jadeinchains

Big chunk of gameplay of the FFXII remaster:

Hmm...I've been thinking about maybe getting this. I never played XII before... But it does look graphically and game mechanics-wise dated. Things I would probably hate are the barren landscapes and the loading times (even if short) every 30 metres or so. It's just so immersion breaking. I really do like my RPG worlds open and in one piece. :/

I've played FFXII but I am kind of interested in getting this although I'm sure after the freedom of XV it would be weird. The world it takes place in is great and it has a bestiary which is cool. Also there's the best FF character ever Fran in the game so that's awesome. It was pretty hard though when I played it but that was years ago before I really got into the series so maybe I just wasn't very good.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
FFXII was really good at the time. Mind you that I was also one of the people that took awhile to get into that game because the beginning portions was so incredibly slow and rigid to continue on, heck I stopped playing one time because I felt so incredibly bored somewhere after playing it for a few hours. It wasn't until like 30% of the game where I started understanding the plot from point A to point B and absorbing the gameplay mechanics properly. One of the problems for most people at the time is that FFXII was also the start of swapping out the traditional turn-based stationary RPG and received mixed rating from the beginning. Every FF before FFXII was turned-based with the least amount of movement for the most part.

I use to read the FF threads, GameSpot, and GameFaqs posts years back on why people didn't like FFXII and why people did. I read posts like "Wtf happened to SquareSoft after FFX :(" "Looks like SquareSoft RPG days are over", like just look at the text......... "SquareSoft", that's how you know posts where old school and getting accustomed to the new up-to-date things. Some of them were genuine reasons due to really slow beginnings and just incredibly awkward gameplay. I thought I wouldn't like it at first but quickly changed my mind the when I went further in the game.

(Thinking about it now....I really want to skip past those beginning portions because it was ugh).

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

Well, if there's something I can give FFXII credits for, I'd definitely say environments. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of that battle system, and yeah, the story was meh at the beginning, it got interesting later on though.
As far as I can remember, Giza Plain and the Dalmasca Desert (plus another one, the Yensa desert [?]) are the only "barren" landscapes.
FFXII actually has lots of landscapes and they all differentiate from each other, which is one of the main reason I like it, if not the only one. Out of all the main FF games, I think XII has the environments I like the most.
Ivalice just felt like a complete world, even though you can explore the Rozaria Empire (which is mentioned a lot of times in cutscenes for story reasons).
Some regions/dungeons are quite big too (for a dated FF) I remember getting lost a lot the first time I played the game.
It was pretty hard though when I played it but that was years ago before I really got into the series so maybe I just wasn't very good.
I can relate. When I first played the game I did struggle a lot through the boss fights, imo XII is the hardest "recent"/not too old main FF game so far (the first FF's are pain too).
Endgame it gets easier though, since you know... you get stuff that are good enough to make the game play by itself with the gambit system without even taking the risk of dying, including with super bosses lol.

Jadeinchains

Lol I was looking back at past pages like 78 back in February and we're talking about the big reveal they were going to do to announce XV's release date ( which they later delayed anyway lol ) I'm also back on those pages talking about how I didn't like FFX and then chapstick and Tyaren are shook and then I instantly started playing it again and then completed it... that was ridiculous but I got there eventually.

Also XV chapter 1 - 7 is like a Delicious refreshing class of water ( insert drink you like here ) then 8 - onwards is like an olive... It leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
There will be some very exclusive FFXV party in Cologne, Germany on 28th of August, 8pm. Tabata will be attending, they will bring over Ignis' menu from the Square Enix Cafe in Tokyo and there will be DJs playing. The party will however only be open to selected fans. In order to attend this party you have to write them a "creative" email to: hmg-community@eu.square-enix.com explaining how much of a FFXV fan you are. If you want to take a friend with you, you have to apply for two entry tickets. Deadline of application is already in three days, on the 10th.
That invintation was shared in Square-Enix's Whatsapp group. :/

I hate Cologne, lol. I wouldn't want to attend, but others close to Cologne (including people from Netherlands, Belgium and France) might be interested?

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

There will be some very exclusive FFXV party in Cologne, Germany on 28th of August, 8pm. Tabata will be attending, they will bring over Ignis' menu from the Square Enix Cafe in Tokyo and there will be DJs playing. The party will however only be open to selected fans. In order to attend this party you have to write them a "creative" email to: hmg-community@eu.square-enix.com explaining how much of a FFXV fan you are. If you want to take a friend with you, you have to apply for two entry tickets. Deadline of application is already in three days, on the 10th.
That invintation was shared in Square-Enix's Whatsapp group. :/

I hate Cologne, lol. I wouldn't want to attend, but others close to Cologne (including people from Netherlands, Belgium and France) might be interested?

I wonder what will be happening there? And lol I was about to say you should enter before I read the final line. :p Why do you hate Cologne?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
By the way, I didn't see it mentioned within the threads but does anyone remember that FF Type-NEXT (Type-1) "Rise from the Ashes" teaser that was revealed at that Hong Kong convention awhile back for promoting FF Type-0 HD? originally, work started with this back in 2011 if I remember, but it seems Tabata has developed interest into working with this after FFXV is done (or so Square would assume).

FF_TYpe-_Next_02.png

Type_0_Ace.jpg

Anyone's thoughts on this?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD