Final Fantasy Thread

Nikotsumi

By the way, I didn't see it mentioned within the threads but does anyone remember that FF Type-NEXT (Type-1) "Rise from the Ashes" teaser that was revealed at that Hong Kong convention awhile back for promoting FF Type-0 HD? originally, work started with this back in 2011 if I remember, but it seems Tabata has developed interest into working with this after FFXV is done (or so Square would assume).

FF_TYpe-_Next_02.png

Type_0_Ace.jpg

Anyone's thoughts on this?
Yeah, that teaser can also be unlocked in the HD version of the game as a secret "ending". Right after finishing the game and watching it, I read of Tabata saying in an interview he wanted to make a sequel after he's done with XV.
Considering Type-0 is of my favorites, I'm all for it.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yeah, that teaser can also be unlocked in the HD version of the game as a secret "ending". Right after finishing the game and watching it, I read of Tabata saying in an interview he wanted to make a sequel after he's done with XV.
Considering Type-0 is of my favorites, I'm all for it.

Oh yeahhhh that's true. I knew I seen it the second time before but didn't know where. Good catch on that lol.

Curious though, Type-0 had the Overworld map concept which I thought it was one of the grandest things for adventure potential and expanse so wondering if this next one they had in mind is something similar or not at all. Reason for that is because you are placed in a mini version of yourself in a huge world map with "tons of towns and dungeons". When you enter a town you are placed in a short loading screen, and when that loading screen is done you return to default size and it turns out to be the biggest town you've ever seen with amazing graphics (at the time). Since we are on 2017, imagine if they pull this off now with today's latest builds and engine would probably look amazing.

Course, it's more of a pipe dream. I don't mind open world vastness and I can see why very few didn't like being small on a world map, but those types of things were tolerable and were definitely overlooked. Type-0 had no choice but to do it because of it's limited power on the handheld but it definitely brought potential from that to make it enjoyable. Back in the day, FF4-9 was never a huge complaint for it since the systems back then just couldn't handle true open world logic in play, but a huge lengthy play with tons of story quests to do was just so adventurous and potential flying around to different regions in an airship with each locations having over 15 towns and dungeons full of adventure (at least for me that is).

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

Oh yeahhhh that's true. I knew I seen it the second time before but didn't know where. Good catch on that lol.

Curious though, Type-0 had the Overworld concept which I thought it was one of the grandest things for adventure potential and expanse so wondering if this next one they had in mind is something similar or not at all. Reason for that is because you are placed in a mini version of yourself in a huge world map with "tons of towns and dungeons". When you enter a town you are placed in a short loading screen, and when that loading screen is done you return to default size and it turns out to be the biggest town you've ever seen with amazing graphics (at the time). Since we are on 2017, imagine if they pull this off now with today's latest builds and engine would probably look amazing.

Course, it's more of a pipe dream. I don't mind open world vastness and I can see why very few didn't like being small on a world map, but those types of things were tolerable and were definitely overlooked. Back in the day, FF4-9 was never a huge complaint for it since the systems back then just couldn't handle true open world logic in play, but a huge lengthy play with tons of story quests to do was just so adventurous and potential flying around to different regions in an airship with each locations having over 15 towns and dungeons full of adventure (at least for me that is).
Type-0 overworld map was freaking amazing (it doesn't matter how bad it looked), especially with this epic "military" version of the chocobo theme (played it a lot in XV lol).
Though I'm pretty sure they used this concept because of the PSP limitations.
I still like mini-characters in huge maps filled with towns and dungeons, with random encounters after a few steps and everything... not to mention the mini-characters on a mini-chocobo lololol. Also, this still the only way to properly control an airship in a FF game, liked how you could only enter the Agito Tower with it.
X and XII had airships but you didn't control them because, of course, there wasn't an overworld, there's still the Regalia in XV, but the controls are so bad it's not even worth using it.

Don't know if they'll use the same concept eventually, I would definitely like to see how it can work with the latest builds and engines, and I hope they'll at least try to implement it to see how it can look. However as you said, most people won't like it nowadays, which is understandable indeed, and something tells me they'll just continue with the XV "open world" route (not that I don't like it, that's for sure).

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
@Nikotsumi @Tyaren @XZero264 @Awesmic

Checked this on FB, those guys from PS4 hex threads opened up FFXV's latest files and Ardyn is within them by opening the game via hex edit and advanced mode. Saw this:

291051851.PNG

5168161.PNG

Ardyn is within the game's data files as an actual selectable party member slot and the function to obtain experience. This only happens if there is data as a selectable character. Those guys are the same people that opened up Persona 5's data bins regarding Goro Akechi and a playable Loki that was over Youtube. This is a similar case to Capcom's Urien where the PC players opened up the game and played him early before he was even out. The Ardyn files date is listed on the same time frame as when Episode Gladio was released and was not in there before Episode Gladio. They also used Save Wizard which is from those team members that created Hyperkin controllers, Game Genie, and have one Sony member from the EU that enabled hex editing while blocking the trophies.

This is within the raw game itself and not within the episodes. Will we see a party member Ardyn just for laughs in the future? more than just Aranea, Cor, and Iris? will it be scrapped data?

--------------------------------------------------------

Ardyn: We are friends now! by the way Noct, I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to Lunafreya.

Noctis and friends: ................

Ardyn: I need healing. -Waste potion- just kidding! :)

Noctis and friends: ....................

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Kingsglaive has turned one year old today! They released some new and pretty CGI art in celebration:

DEMBJJSVYAAwhrt.jpg:orig

DEMBtSqV0AA-6f9.jpg:large

So, what are your thoughts of this film?

Ravus is a daddy

Crazy that it's already been a year since the release of the movie. :eek: It really doesn't feel that long ago.

spoilers for this movie by the way -

I had certain problems with the movie like what ever that girl in the movies name was being raised up only for her to suddenly die then just be gone... And the fact that Nyx was trying to steal Luna's thunder ( the little she had ) the entire movie. If the girl wants to jump to a balcony jump a hovercraft in a dress just bloody let her! And by extension of that just Luna in general not getting to do much.

And there's the fight at the end of the movie which is always something I get annoyed by in these things whether it's a big deal or not lol ( I had this same problem with Altissa ) Is that they all do this giant summoning thing or something and are just smashing through so much of the city causing ridiculous amounts of unneeded damage to the city lol! XD Overall though I enjoyed the movie and It was cool to see more of Insomnia.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
By the way, I didn't see it mentioned within the threads but does anyone remember that FF Type-NEXT (Type-1) "Rise from the Ashes" teaser that was revealed at that Hong Kong convention awhile back for promoting FF Type-0 HD? originally, work started with this back in 2011 if I remember, but it seems Tabata has developed interest into working with this after FFXV is done (or so Square would assume).

FF_TYpe-_Next_02.png

Type_0_Ace.jpg

Anyone's thoughts on this?
Suddenly, I'm interested in a reboot of Ronin Warriors.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
OH MY GOD A2 AND EVE ARE COMING TO FF BRAVE EXIVUS!!

Screenshot_20170708-164712.png

IMG_20170708_164610.jpg

IMG_20170708_164542.jpg

I'm so happy the best girl and best guy in the game are getting the recognition they deserve! I might download it just for them since they're exclusive characters, and I'll also play 9S too, I don't really care for the others that much since they caused problems for 9S, A2 and Eve

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Why do theorists ruin everything >.>

You really need to stop watching Final Fantasy Peasant videos. XD He's imagining a lot of crazy stuff. He has done so before the game released and I see now he still does. He wasn't right with anything. I remember his crazy theories about Norse mythology being a big part of the game and game story. In the end there was none of that. XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I was reading about Dissidia FF coming to ps4 and I want to know is it guaranteed to have English dub? I know older games had it but will this one have it?

UpSideDownGRUNT

You really need to stop watching Final Fantasy Peasant videos. XD He's imagining a lot of crazy stuff. He has done so before the game released and I see now he still does. He wasn't right with anything. I remember his crazy theories about Norse mythology being a big part of the game and game story. In the end there was none of that. XD
Actually, the theory isn't his I just mean in general

Also, I don't even watch him really lol I just thought I'd share how ridiculous the theory was.

Nikotsumi

Yeah, It's not his theory, but another person's. He's just giving his thoughts about it and actually disagrees with it.
I watched the original theory video first and she basically says she wants to believe Aranea was actually Ardyn as a justification of the poor writing (Aranea being there out of nowhere and knowing things she shouldn't know.......).
I personally don't believe it, they just wanted to throw Aranea in the episode because she's popular and didn't think about anything else lol.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Yeah, It's not his theory, but another person's. He's just giving his thoughts about it and actually disagrees with it.
I watched the original theory video first and she basically says she wants to believe Aranea was actually Ardyn as a justification of the poor writing (Aranea being there out of nowhere and knowing things she shouldn't know.......).
I personally don't believe it, they just wanted to throw Aranea in the episode because she's popular and didn't think about anything else lol.
Pretty much, she's the more likable Lightning of XV and apparently the of theorist thought Aranea was out of character. How? Everything she did in the dlc seemed pretty in character to me, including and especially the campfire straddle where she knocks some sense into promto.

It was very much a Lightning/Hope like moment

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD