Final Fantasy Thread

Hayabusiness

Ok rant time. I had this on my chest for a while but I think I pinpointed my issues now.

I wonder why Aeris gets so much hate? Is it because her fans like her too much? I'm tired of this tbh, no other FFVII character gets as much flak (maybe Sephiroth and Caith Sith?). Even when people praise the cast they always make sure to shit on Aeris instead. And Square only makes it worse by making her into a pure angel (couldn't be more far from the truth) who is NEVER EVER playable in spin offs like Dissidia.

Too few female characters are as outspoken and cheeky as her. I love Aeris and it sucks that this is her legacy: people bitching that she did nothing special and that Tifa is better, and Square turning her into a Holy Mother of Jaysus.

Aeris is wild, crazy and fun. She suggested Cloud to crossdress, she told Vincent that sleeping in a coffin is dirty, she is aware of her personal mission and carries it with determination.
Tifa, while I don't like her, is also worthy of praise, she gets through some horrible moments despite her insecurities and always made sure to stand by Cloud, who is a very, very unstable young man.

They are both good characters and there is no need to constantly shit on one or the other (although I haven't seen Tifa haters.... Yet).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's been confirmed by Nintendo that quite a number of FF games will be arriving on Switch.
41746987_1851625351600181_7846832909657833472_o.jpg

This is also the first time in history that FF7, FF9, and FFX have touched a Nintendo console (I was going to mention FFXII but then I also remembered Revenant Wings which was on a Nintendo platform). As well as FFXV's first time on the Switch sorta if you want to count that one up there.

Last edited:

JJdude

It's been confirmed by Nintendo that quite a number of FF games will be arriving on Switch.
View attachment 25788

This is also the first time in history that FF7, FF9, and FFX have touched a Nintendo console (I was going to mention FFXII but then I also remembered Revenant Wings which was on a Nintendo platform). As well as FFXV's first time on the Switch sorta if you want to count that one up there.
Even though I personally don't like FF8, but I do feel sorry for the people who liked it lol

Hayabusiness

I'm definitely getting Zodiac Age and Crystal Chronicles Remaster (which features Online, woo~).

Thinking about it... I'm quite excited for a lot of Switch ports of games I did not play before. These however are the exception.

XII on a portable console is like... Hell yeah bring it on I'm fucking sold!

Hayabusiness

So, THIS is why FFVIIR isn't coming out until 2028?
No, you see, the reason why VIIR is still not out until 2035 is that Nomura clogged all the toilets by throwing in Cloud figures and all the promotional Versus-XIII material, so the dev team has to do in-house plumbing before finishing their work on the bombing mission scene.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Ooh...you are going to like this... :)
Visual Works, the studio behind most of Final Fantasy's fancy CG cutscenes (but they also did work for other SE projects) released a film of some of their best work so far:

They also released this completely new concept film to enhance their portfolio and show what they are capable of. It looks spectacular:

O:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD