System Frame counter tool

WAZAAAAA

This thread will no longer be updated, it has moved here: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa5lr-toolbox.6559/

outdated message:
This is a simple GUI tool for DOA5LR PC that displays the current animation frame for both players at any time, and it also allows you to play the game frame-by-frame.

Potential uses:
- pinpointing precisely the exact frame window timing of combo throws
- counting the frames of moves marked as 0(0)0 by the Move Details screen
- counting the duration of any hitstun/blockstun
- calculating the "Advantage +/-" part more accurately when it's often displayed as simply +0
Mechanics that I have already analyzed thanks to this method:
- neutral throw break window
- sidestep frames
- cliffhanger frames
- combo throw frames window
- helped me understand the input delay better (1 frame delay for everything except guarding)
- helped me realize that the frame input buffer is 10 frames long in this game

PREVIEW:
I1kza5R.png

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qgb60uspw2ym5z1/DOAFrameCounter1.6(extract_me).zip
(updated 23/JUL/2016 for game Ver.1.07)

Last edited:

Darkslay

Question. If this does indeed tell the frames of 0(0)0 moves, could you tell how many frames Jann Lee's 2P+K and 1P+K is? And if so, could you please tell me that information?

WAZAAAAA

Question. If this does indeed tell the frames of 0(0)0 moves, could you tell how many frames Jann Lee's 2P+K and 1P+K is? And if so, could you please tell me that information?
1P+K:
29 = when inputting a Dragon Stance attack
51 = full animation (excludes the "unique" idle animation)
Btw, after verifying those numbers, I checked the "FOLLOWUP INTERVAL" in the 3rd page of the Move Details and it says 29~51F hohoho.

2_P+K:
32 = when entering Dragon Stance
2P+K:
33 = full animation
^same thing, followup interval says 32~33F when inputting 2P+K

Followup interval doesn't matter with "no damage moves" that have no followup though, such as Hayabusa's 9P (that one is 40 frames btw)

Last edited:

Darkslay

1P+K:
29 = when inputting a Dragon Stance attack
51 = full animation (excludes the "unique" idle animation)
Btw, after verifying those numbers, I checked the "FOLLOWUP INTERVAL" in the 3rd page of the Move Details and it says 29~51F hohoho.

2_P+K:
32 = when entering Dragon Stance
2P+K:
33 = when free cancelled
^same thing, followup interval says 32~33F when inputting 2P+K
Goddamn, you're a savior dude, this will help a greatly. Thanks a lot.

Going into DS after 2_P+K only takes an extra frame? Interesting.

I have another request if you don't mind; How many frames is DS active for, and does it vary in any of his transitions? And how many frames is his Dragon Pressure taunt?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Could I actually have the same information on Ayane's 1P+K and BT3. As well as Momiji's 7P and 9P?

I'm super jealous of PC now, by the way. For that feat alone.

WAZAAAAA

So we just run the program while DOA5LR is running?
Yes, but first extract the contents of the zip anywhere. Works on Ver.1.04, I will update in case the game gets patched. In case I fail to deliver an update, anyone else familiar with Cheat Engine could fix it by himself anyway.

Going into DS after 2_P+K only takes an extra frame? Interesting.
No man, technically speaking, you can't enter Dragon Stance with 2P+K at all (animation will last 33 frames), only 2_P+K enters DS (animation 32 frames)... or maybe it's more correct to call it 2P+K2_, whatever, you know what I'm talking about.
I have another request if you don't mind; How many frames is DS active for, and does it vary in any of his transitions?
B**CH CHECK IT YOURSELF
j/k, just because Jann Lee is gr8 I'll help this time. "THE" Dragon Stance animation (when he goes "Uuuuuh?") is most of the times 55 frames long, but you can followup only during a certain range (which I also listed by looking at the Move Details).
Entering DS:
9P4 = 55 total, 20~50F
6P4 = 55 total, 20~50F
1P+K = 51 total, 29~51F (doesn't say "Uuuuuh?")
2_P+K = 55 total, 20~50F (doesn't say "Uuuuuh?")
4PP4 = 56 total, 21~50F
6H+K4 = 60 total, 21~51F
^the same applies to all the strings that "make use" of those attacks

Re-entering DS during DS:
6P+K = 55 total, 20~50F
Hope I didn't miss any.
And how many frames is his Dragon Pressure taunt?
lmao I didn't even know you could enter DS from it.
I was checking it, and damn this move is a mess, it doesn't function like anything I've ever seen so far, I don't have the energy to analyze it, I'll do it next time.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
So you are using it to confirm the ingame data for combo throws? Judging from what you said about strikes matching (for the most part I assume) the data sheet could be fairly accurate?

And you can confirm hit detection to being 2 frames as well (despite numerous confirmations of this)?

Darkslay

No man, technically speaking, you can't enter Dragon Stance with 2P+K at all (animation will last 33 frames), only 2_P+K enters DS (animation 32 frames)... or maybe it's more correct to call it 2P+K2_, whatever, you know what I'm talking about.
Ohhhh, entering DS is what removes that frame, i see. Very interesting.
Entering DS:
9P4 = 55 total, 20~50F
6P4 = 55 total, 20~50F
1P+K = 51 total, 29~51F (doesn't say "Uuuuuh?")
2_P+K = 55 total, 20~50F (doesn't say "Uuuuuh?")
4PP4 = 56 total, 21~50F
6H+K4 = 60 total, 21~51F
^the same applies to all the strings that "make use" of those attacks

Re-entering DS during DS:
6P+K = 55 total, 20~50F
So you got a range of 30 frames to input an attack.... I just figured out something i was wondering a long time ago, it has to do with those 5 frames you can't press an attack.
Super interesting, i have to run some serious tests with this info, thanks m8, you da best.
lmao I didn't even know you could enter DS from it.
I was checking it, and damn this move is a mess, it doesn't function like anything I've ever seen so far, I don't have the energy to analyze it, I'll do it next time.
Haha, that's why i asked, its ok i can wait, i'm mostly interested on the frame DS starts being active and knowing if the 30 frame interval still applies.

WAZAAAAA

@Darkslay the DS taunt seems to have 2 animations chained together. The first part lasts 80 frames and can't be cancelled. The second part is 73 frames long and mostly cancellable. You can followup 6P+K at 3~73F, and the rest of the DS attacks on 5~73F. For some reason only 6P+K has such larger window (maybe because it has the most difficult input). Cancelling 6P+K on frame number 3 means you have to press 6P+K on frame 1, which means you just did a frame perfect input, that timing is difficult!

Hope I was clear enough since this move is strange.

Could I actually have the same information on Ayane's 1P+K and BT3. As well as Momiji's 7P and 9P?

I'm super jealous of PC now, by the way. For that feat alone.
Ayane
1P+K: 24
BT3: 22

Momiji
7P: 38
9P: 30
Check the "FOLLOWUP INTERVAL" to know when these can get cancelled.

So you are using it to confirm the ingame data for combo throws?
not sure what you mean, but I'm using it for EVERYTHING
Judging from what you said about strikes matching (for the most part I assume) the data sheet could be fairly accurate?

And you can confirm hit detection to being 2 frames as well (despite numerous confirmations of this)?
Sorry but I don't understand the questions. With "data sheet" you mean the 3rd page of the Move Details? What do you mean with hit detection? Hitbox detection? Input detection/delay? I'll explain a bit input detection with real examples if that's relevant in any way:

EXAMPLE 1 - what happens when you input a simple P:
frame 1: you press P
frame 2: nothing happens, the game is waiting just in case you want to input a "multiple-input-move" such as 6P+K and the likes
frame 3: The punch starts. The yellow P button image is shown in the "buttons you pressed history". The internal frame counter (of the first post) already says "1", but the Move Details hasn't been updated yet
frame 4: the internal frame counter says 2, while the Move Details startup says 1

EXAMPLE 2 - what happens when you input H+P without using the macro:
frame 1: you press H
frame 2: you press P
frame 3: The throw starts. Internal counter: 1. Move Details startup: not shown yet. H button shows in the history.
frame 4: Internal counter: 2. Move Details startup: 1. P button shows.
Note: if both H and P were pressed on frame 1 (or if you used the macro), the buttons history would display it as "T" on frame 3 instead of H and P

Entering 4H plays the hold sound when the internal counter is 1 and the Move Details startup hasn't shown anything yet.

By the way, back when I was working on my bot, I realized that the Move Distance displayed in the Move Details gets updated 1 frame later compared to the internal Distance I found.

TL;DR: The move details is delayed

Darkslay

the DS taunt seems to have 2 animations chained together. The first part lasts 80 frames and can't be cancelled. The second part is 73 frames long and mostly cancellable. You can followup 6P+K at 3~73F, and the rest of the DS attacks on 5~73F. For some reason only 6P+K has such larger window (maybe because it has the most difficult input). Cancelling 6P+K on frame number 3 means you have to press 6P+K on frame 1, which means you just did a frame perfect input, that timing is difficult!

Hope I was clear enough since this move is strange.
Ah, so 80 frames before you can go into an attack, gotcha, the 6P+K just frame is quite interesting, i'll have to mess around with that a little. Thanks for all the help, bud.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
So I basically asked for what I already knew, I was thinking maybe there were other numbers I didn't see.

Thanks again, though.

WAZAAAAA

Will you be making this tool open source?
It's open source.
All the code written in AutoHotkey is freely editable... and AutoHotkey itself is open source.
speedhack.dll is open source, written in Delphi.
RemoteDLLInjector32.exe is the only one which is probably not open source, but I didn't make it and there are tons of injectors available on the internet, I just chose one with command lines that works on DOA.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
But throw breaking is an endanger species even in high level play even though you really are just pressing 1 button.
I never use macros even though it can save me a frame. Besides, there are a couple of options selects in DOA for strikes and throw breaks. Then again, most players' idea of a throw break is to press a button. Look at Guilty Gear Xrd. They dropped throw breaks too. I think it's a terrible idea, but a lot of people think it makes the game more offensive and fast paced.

WAZAAAAA

17/DECEMBER/2015 - version 1.1
- added support for the "Design Award Costumes 2015 Set" update
- updated classMemory.ahk to version 2.2

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD