Gamescom Updates

PhoenixVFIRE

Thanks for the post. The DOAX3 bit and the end was kind of funny.
Yeah it was lol, but I sorta agree, I wouldn't want DOAX3 unless it was a proper game that had more to it than just something that could basically be a mini game on the fighter or should I say be more than just about the sexual image, ya know....like an ACTUAL sports game.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I wouldn't want DOAX3 unless it was a proper game that had more to it than just something that could basically be a mini game on the fighter or should I say be more than just about the sexual image, ya know....like an ACTUAL sports game.

Yeah, me too. DOAX and DOAX2 were terrible games that could have been a lot better than they were.

PhoenixVFIRE

Yeah, me too. DOAX and DOAX2 were terrible games that could have been a lot better than they were.
I'd buy a DOAX game that had ALL of the characters in it, where you can play volleyball, tether ball, jet ski racing, all the other mini games, and everything else it had, but with more depth, skill involved, REALISM(can't forget that, I think we know what I'm talking about).

WAIT, have you ever watched Avatar The Last Airbender? If so, you probably remember them playing a much better volleyball where they used badass moves, kicks ,etc... lol If DOAX's volleyball was like THAT, I'd play a lot LOL

This is all I could find without music, the scene is much longer, but it's badass. DOA: Xtremely Kickass Volleyball 3....I'm sold.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'd buy a DOAX game that had ALL of the characters in it, where you can play volleyball, tether ball, jet ski racing, all the other mini games, and everything else it had, but with more depth, skill involved, REALISM(can't forget that, I think we know what I'm talking about).

The DOA fan in me would probably force me to pick it up too if they did all of that. With a variety of sports and games, and actual depth and skill behind those sports and games, DOAX3 could actually be interesting.

WAIT, have you ever watched Avatar The Last Airbender? If so, you probably remember them playing a much better volleyball where they used badass moves, kicks ,etc... lol If DOAX's volleyball was like THAT, I'd play a lot LOL

This is all I could find without music, the scene is much longer, but it's badass. DOA: Xtremely Kickass Volleyball 3....I'm sold.

No, I've never watched Avatar. That version of volleyball could certainly spice thing things up though.

Pupi18

Simple Solution for Tecmo for X3. Carbon copy Beach Spikers for volleyball. If they feel like using more games besides volleyball use Wave Race as reference for the Jet Ski.(Butt battles and the hopping minigames are fine as they are I think) Maybe this time instead of being menu heavy let people walk around the resort and go to the places (Might as well use it as an online Lobby for the online)
Beach Spikers for those who don't know about that game :p

Anyhow stopping DOA X3 talk. That was a good interview sir. *Thumbs up*

Berzerk!

EVO and MLG events using Ps3 doesn't change the plethora of community, grassroots and major events that run on Xbox, so don't assume everyone suddenly has to get used to PS3 pad. It will still be a mix. The best advice is to get used to stick, because then you don't have to worry about adjusting to a different kind of pad or annoying adapters.

DyByHands

DOAX3, featuring Power Spikes.
Honestly, I was thinking awhile back how cool the Power Blow Mechanic would be for DOAX. You could set up exactly where or who to spike to. I know it was just a side project for TN and Itagaki but they could make a cool game out of it. I'd rather have a different game though. Like Ni-Oh :(

ChampTang

EVO and MLG events using Ps3 doesn't change the plethora of community, grassroots and major events that run on Xbox, so don't assume everyone suddenly has to get used to PS3 pad. It will still be a mix. The best advice is to get used to stick, because then you don't have to worry about adjusting to a different kind of pad or annoying adapters.

Agree with you that you shouldn't get used to the ps3 pad just because the "big league" uses it. Whoever said that is crazy.

CEO, Final Round, Summer Jam, SCR, and etc. will use 360 or PS3 but we don't know yet. We just got to find out when the time comes.

For now, find out which system YOUR AREA uses. If your area uses the ps3 then buy the ps3 version. If they use the 360 version then buy the 360 versions. Just remember that controller converter exist for both ways if you really want to use the controller on the other console. Don't switch to stick just because it's easier.

PhoenixVFIRE

For now, find out which system YOUR AREA uses. If your area uses the ps3 then buy the ps3 version. If they use the 360 version then buy the 360 versions. Just remember that controller converter exist for both ways if you really want to use the controller on the other console. Don't switch to stick just because it's easier.
I've heard a lot of converters for controllers usually have terrible lag for some reason, why use a converter if it's just going to make things worse?

Berzerk!

Agree with you that you shouldn't get used to the ps3 pad just because the "big league" uses it. Whoever said that is crazy.

CEO, Final Round, Summer Jam, SCR, and etc. will use 360 or PS3 but we don't know yet. We just got to find out when the time comes.

I would say buy whatever you're comfortable with... that includes whatever your default system is, whether you have more friends online on one or the other... etc

But when it comes to fighting game events, playing offline... if you want to get serious, stick is not because it's "easier", it's because it's out and out better. It's more consistent, accurate, and the skills are much more transferrable to not only playing on either platform, but on playing other games.

This isn't to put down pad play, it's perfectly valid, but there are clear technical advantages to learning stick.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD