Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
As mentioned, most likely e-mail.

I remember being told about the previous contests too, "The good thing with FB and Twitter is you make it public so every submission has to pass their image requirements. E-mail though... is a private submission. There were many submissions that people... wouldn't be allowed to post on Facebook or Twitter."
aaah..
in that case I'm really looking forward to what people produce :)

I think I might design one more... for a female character this time ;)

Kronin

Yeah, there are quit a few active DOA fans I follow on twitter that are only doing email. I hope TN compiles them all again. These were fun to check out.

My bad, I forgot that TN answered me even about this matter, the second mail that I said I would have send them about the design.

This was my question (the mail was longer):

"By the way at this point I have a further question: even if there will be no pool, after the deadline will you post anyway on your site a gallery of all the designs that partecipated to the Halloween challenge?"

And here their answer:

"We haven't decided how to show and display all of designs we receive. It might be all of them, but it depends on numbers etc.... We definately disclose designs to the audience."

------------------------------------------

So I'm not sure about what this will mean, but I really hope that in the end we will see again a wall of pictures as the previous times.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Im of 2 minds about entering now. I wasnt going to at all, but if it is a TN vote, I might do one.
I just really don't know!...
If you do decide to do it, u better go all out! I know you have brilliant ideas in mind already so you might as well join the fun.

RetroMe91

So is TN selecting the winners or are they selected what will be voted on? Is it going to be like last time? How will this work?

Kronin

So is TN selecting the winners or are they selected what will be voted on? Is it going to be like last time? How will this work?

They weren't fully clear, I reported their few words in this post: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/halloween-designer-challenge-2015.5651/page-6#post-260419

But of course you can be sure that all the designs that respect the rules are allowed to partecipate, there will be no further selection from Team NINJA before the vote. From what I realized I think that they will choose the outfits worthy to become DLC and/or to get special prizes, in the end just like the previous times.

The big difference is that this time the fans will send only the entries but will not have a way to express a preference (just like happened with the previous games where the fanarts of TN that ended to become in-game costumes - outside any kind of contests - were completely chosen from the developers).

Last edited:

WisperG

From what we've gathered, it seems likely that there will be no voting and that Team Ninja will simply pick what costumes to make.

We don't exactly have confirmation of that though.

Last edited:

synce

My favs so far!

CEvXw-YUgAAjKWd.jpg:large

CEtbXrGUEAAKio2.jpg:large

Blash

Very few are Halloween-y! Thats not to say they aren't good. The public ones so far are great.

My first entry. Mermaid Kasumi.

Too bad my scanner died. This cellphone pic makes her look fat.

Attachments

• 20150513_171651.jpg
    20150513_171651.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 244

Rawbietussin

I'm so outdated with the news! :(

Getting rusty for not being able to draw for months due to the lack of time but even though the things I submit don't really materialize into reality, I plan on making one for either Helena, Sarah, Bayman or Leon.

Lady Tengu

"Halloweenie" xD

As I said NecroTengu or bust! I can't stand another girly outfit for Nyo she's a tengu god damn it! Make her scary and mysteriously sexy not "im a slut suck my ass then my wing"

synce

I haven't actually seen any girly outfits for nyotengu but I am interested in this concept of wing sucking.

Joe Immoji

Here are my designs (I'm not much of an artistic type lol):

Originally Helena but thought Rachel's demeanor and Nordic features would work better w/ the concept. Added a Lich Queen type flavor to keep up w/ Halloween theme. Would love to see this one make it because I haven't seen many sexy "Knight's armor" type costumes in fighting games. They tend to be incredibly bulky.
Rach.jpg

Honoka, I thought, would look pretty funny with a giant flag on her back. It'd be something a character like that would do. I think Ayane and NyoTengu (w/ wings) could work too, now that it has been mentioned to me. However, I wanted to do a contrast w/ the ice (cuz 'song of fire and ice' haha) and chose a fire theme. Hono and ka are two words for fire/flames in Japanese. Thus, I felt it would fit.

R-Honoka stg2.jpg

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
NecroTengu or bust! I can't stand another girly outfit for Nyo she's a tengu god damn it! Make her scary and mysteriously sexy not "im a slut suck my ass then my wing"

I agree that she needs to look scarier and more wicked, considering who she's replacing.

I still think it'd be sweet to see Nyo with spikes ripping out of her everywhere like with Bankotsubo's classic DOA2 C2. Give her pointy ears like him too and maybe even some fucked up eyes.

Last edited:

WisperG

I still think it'd be sweet to see Nyo with spikes ripping out of her everywhere like with Bankotsubo's classic DOA2 C2. Give her pointy ears like him too and maybe even some fucked up eyes.

I did that last year, the spike thing. I've considered redrawing it for this contest, but I'm already working on two other designs which take priority. If people are interested in that design though, but no one else plans to do it themselves, I'll try to get to it if I have time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD