Halloween Designer Challenge 2015

synce

Well I am not too sure this will be a super popular choice or anything, but I am so happy with my design for Marie Rose. I just keep looking at it. It's her as a Zombie Hunter using the grunge rock style. I wish I had a PC and had any skill in modding, I would love to see this in the game. Haha. Here it is:
View attachment 11257

Nice! I think this is my fav Marie so far. Kinda want to do fan art of it

synce

Thank you! It's definitely the costume I am most proud of out of all my costume designs to date. :)

GL in the contest! Here's a little something

zombiehunter.png

I might add some details and corrections later, this was done pretty quickly

synce

I wish I could draw that well. It's hard for me to convey the outfits I am trying with my limited skill level.

No your drawing is great and I totally get what you're going for. Most of fav costumes in these contests are not drawn by the most experienced artists - they're just simple and fun. I think these are qualities the artists at TN also appreciate, hence why they might not do a popular vote this time (favors technical skill too highly)

WisperG

Figured I'd share an update on my fisherman Bass.

Front:
6016e0cf-01bd-4fdd-bafd-31ad1edce6de_zpsr6gp3ijo.jpg

Back:
1431989371774339465454_zpsd9dlez7u.jpg

I still feel like it's a little too plain, but I'm not really sure what else I'd do to make a generic fishing outfit look more visually interesting.

I did want an opinion on something though. I made the fish on the back look more like a Bass (for obvious reasons), but I'm wondering if I should keep the splash effect from the original sketch, or ditch that and put his name under it? Or maybe go a step further and put "Bass Fishing" and make it actually look like a logo? That last one might be too time consuming though...

Zeo

This is what I expected Honoka too look like before her reveal. I got pirate vibes from the teaser for some reason.
CE7LGGJUsAAmcVT.jpg

https://twitter.com/JunkPuyo
1431873642-doa5lr-nurse-rig.jpg

I wanted to try a very very different costume ^^ so here is my evil nurseman from doatec :)
These designs are exceptional. I'm not fond of pirates but Honoka's design pretty much hit spot on what I thought she was going to look like when we saw that first bit of her.

As for Ein...
10428622_10153217756446351_7331460986406312380_n.jpg

This is the only design for him I see but never the less it's the best thing I've ever seen for him and likely will be what they pick.

As for my own idea, I'm unable to draw... but I may as well tell what it was. It would have been a vampire hunter black battlesuit with a trenchcoat and shades. A gun belt, maybe some knives on the front, kinda like blade or the vampires from underworld. Would probably look very similar to his DOA3 C1 but with some enhancements.

latest
blade12inch.jpg
article_post_width_blade.JPG

With a few alterations of course but you get the general idea. No swords though, those are for Hayate.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Figured I'd share an update on my fisherman Bass.

Front:
6016e0cf-01bd-4fdd-bafd-31ad1edce6de_zpsr6gp3ijo.jpg

Back:
1431989371774339465454_zpsd9dlez7u.jpg

I still feel like it's a little too plain, but I'm not really sure what else I'd do to make a generic fishing outfit look more visually interesting.

I did want an opinion on something though. I made the fish on the back look more like a Bass (for obvious reasons), but I'm wondering if I should keep the splash effect from the original sketch, or ditch that and put his name under it? Or maybe go a step further and put "Bass Fishing" and make it actually look like a logo? That last one might be too time consuming though...

Maybe have him wearing a fishing hook with lure on his back like a katana sword.

WisperG

Maybe have him wearing a fishing hook with lure on his back like a katana sword.

I considered mounting a small fishing rod to his back like the weapons other character have, but then it would partially cover up the fish picture. I suppose that's not a big deal though. I'll give it a shot and see how it turns out.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD