Helena in DOA5U

Her 6p after hands works as a guaranteed hit if the opponent doesn't tech. So sometimes they'll tech to avoid the hit.
No, I get that. Not the point. It was the sweep after 6P would connect on hit that is in question. It's not a guaranteed, but given the way it works it might be very attractive and keep something like the PFT in play. (In a sense, it may make the PFT somewhat more attractive than it was in vanilla, but that's tricky to say for sure)

HaJiN

Does anyone else notice a weird pause after Helena lands 2H+K? It's like for a brief second she can't move, and it completely throws me off.

One nerf I was very sad to see was how anything that ends in 66p is now -9 like in the launch version of DOA5.

And of course, the only things that connect off her faint stun is p, and 6p.

Can anybody test if Teishitsu is the same as DoA5 or if it went back to old episodes Teishitsu?

Her teishitsu looks the exact same from the original DOA5, and certain mids still crush it.

Akumasama

Those mids which have the "hits the ground" property I think.
Some mids can hit even people lying down, those mids will hit Teishitsu too.
Is there a technical name to distinguish them from "all other mids"?

Kinda annoying, I loved heavy-teishitsu based gameplay from the previous games.
I mean, I still use it and... I dunno, I guess realistically it's more balanced as it is now and I have no space to complain, but I still miss the "wtf?" effect you generated on random players in the previous games, making them feel like you were cheating, hacking or using some sort of non-conventional trick lol

Omegan Eckhart

Question for those of you who have 5U already:

If I put the opponent into stun with 33P, what happens if I do P(P)? Will they enter a bound state or will it just continue the stun?

ninjaguy446

Question for those of you who have 5U already:

If I put the opponent into stun with 33P, what happens if I do P(P)? Will they enter a bound state or will it just continue the stun?
That only happened because the round was over. Happens to a lot of moves actually.

ninjaguy446

Well, yes. However, if the 2nd P pushes past threshold, you get the bound. Same with 9P
Didn't know that. We could probably get 66H+K afterwards to continue the combo. But going for a CB! or a launcher would probably be better since 66H+K combos during stun aren't that great.

Omegan Eckhart

Correct. Sucks, huh? Given that we now have 6P4, 3PP4, and 8PP4 to go into BT you'd think we wouldn't need PP4.
Well, yes. However, if the 2nd P pushes past threshold, you get the bound. Same with 9P
Shit. I was hoping her P(P) would lead to guaranteed damage. I thought maybe her bound state game might be really good seeing as TN refused to buff her garbage SDS's but it doesn't look like her's is anything special in comparison to the rest of the cast.

How many non threshold bounds does she have? All I've seen is 6P+KP so far.

ninjaguy446

After playing around with it, it's pretty useful, except only against Alpha. Here's a couple combos:
9K2K BKO 4P BT P 9P 66H+K BKO4PK 33P4P (123 damage)
66H+K BKO 6P4P BT P PP 66H+K BKO 4PK 33P4P (127 damage)

PP bounding should do 1 more point of damage than 9P as long as both hits connect. In the first combo the first P whiffs.

BTW I'lll update combo thread soon. I've been a bit busy, so it'll probably be tomorrow.

Shit. I was hoping her P(P) would lead to guaranteed damage. I thought maybe her bound state game might be really good seeing as TN refused to buff her garbage SDS's but it doesn't look like her's is anything special in comparison to the rest of the cast.

How many non threshold bounds does she have? All I've seen is 6P+KP so far.
236PKP gets the slide, and it's kinda beautiful to just slam it out and get a really decent combo. Can't think of any other for sure bounds that have nothing to do with threshold.

I will say, my experience with her thus far suggests a fuzzy pressure Helena, not a guaranteed damage Helena (that stuff is better, but marginally). The pressure tools are sick, though.

Omegan Eckhart

Awesome. Now I have a mid punch tracking move for when people attempt to sidestep the blender. 1PPK and BKO sweep are both low so there wasn't really a mixup (I guess throws count too, though).
I always thought it should track due to the animation. It is nice to have a mid that tracks seeing as all her others are high's and lows. Plus it's i15 making it her fastest tracking move now.

One thing I don't get is why can't we beat a super heavy weight based on speed? Rachel has an i11 jab and an i13 mid WTF?

ninjaguy446

I always thought it should track due to the animation. It is nice to have a mid that tracks seeing as all her others are high's and lows. Plus it's i15 making it her fastest tracking move now.

One thing I don't get is why can't we beat a super heavy weight based on speed? Rachel has an i11 jab and an i13 mid WTF?
Even without an i10 jab, I think Helena is okay. But Rachel is Super Heavy (even though Helena is a cruiser :helena:). She doesn't deserve either of those. IMO is should be at least an i12 jab and i14 mid given the crazy mixups and FT she gets from a blocked jab (PPT).

Omegan Eckhart

Even without an i10 jab, I think Helena is okay. But Rachel is Super Heavy (even though Helena is a cruiser :helena:). She doesn't deserve either of those. IMO is should be at least an i12 jab and i14 mid given the crazy mixups and FT she gets from a blocked jab (PPT).
I can understand why EVERYONE is using her atm...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD