Helena in DOA5U

ninjaguy446

Loose hair by default... terrifying.
Tell me about it. I would like her loose hair, it's just her bangs look so different. Well, they look like physics law abiding bangs lol. I really don't understand what's so hard about giving Helena's ponytail strands. They did it successfully with Koko, Lei, Hitomi, Kasumi, Sarah, Rachel, and Momiji. When I was at Summer Jam I asked Tom Lee about it (lol I must have seemed like such a casual; going to a tournament and asking about hair. I realize now I should've been more concerned with her changes.), and he joked about maybe it'll be DLC later on.

Omegan Eckhart

So how do you feel about her overall? Seems seems slightly nerfed overall to me. Her old safe moves being -9 when they don't cause as bound state or SDS is kind of a crappy trade. Her best bound state attack 6P+KP is sooooo slow and easy to read. You'll never land 236PKP against someone with any experience fighting Helena and her funnily enough landing her BT CB is hard as fuck to land. I put the AI on slow SE and I couldn't find a combo where it would work...

Edit: Just unlocked Blazed Up Melpomene... AWWW YEAH.

Last edited:

ninjaguy446

So how do you feel about her overall? Seems seems slightly nerfed overall to me. Her old safe moves being -9 when they don't cause as bound state or SDS is kind of a crappy trade. Her best bound state attack 6P+KP is sooooo slow and easy to read. You'll never land 236PKP against someone with any experience fighting Helena and her funnily enough landing her BT CB is hard as fuck to land. I put the AI on slow SE and I couldn't find a combo where it would work...

Edit: Just unlocked Blazed Up Melpomene... AWWW YEAH.
Yeah, she's been nerfed, but she can still win. BT 7P is very difficult lol. Honestly, I'd rather have 66P knockdown and be -4. I love the stun (reminds me of Koko's 66P) but in top play, it'll be useless outside stun. I use 6P+KP after a stunning hit (CH 66P 6P+KP) but I land it sometimes surprisingly. Eh, you could bait a hold by delaying 236PK and throw punish with BKO throw and make them respect the followups. It's pretty good during stun.

ninjaguy446

Helena didn't get any new tag throws... lame.
Ugh, really? I was going to check tonight too. It would've been cool if Helena had a Tag throw intro with Ein where she's looking at Ein with her arms crossed and says, 'I heard Project Epsilon was a failure."

Don't know if I said it earlier, but 33P4P BKO 6P is still very effective. If people don't tech, then usually after the getting hit by BKO 6P they'll tech. If they don't I'll do another BKO 6P until they finally tech.

Omegan Eckhart

Ugh, really? I was going to check tonight too. It would've been cool if Helena had a Tag throw intro with Ein where she's looking at Ein with her arms crossed and says, 'I heard Project Epsilon was a failure."

Don't know if I said it earlier, but 33P4P BKO 6P is still very effective. If people don't tech, then usually after the getting hit by BKO 6P they'll tech. If they don't I'll do another BKO 6P until they finally tech.
Yup I checked, it took a long time and it sucked.

Hopefully the blender garbage is still somewhat intact seeing as she doesn't appear to have anything really new to compensate for it's removal.

Omegan Eckhart

Anyone else having problems doing her new combo's against human opponents? Every person I fight is so busy spamming mid punch counters all I can do is punch grab for the entire match...

ninjaguy446

In the words of Helena....
Elegance.png

Can't we be more elegant about this?

Honestly, if I could have any Helena costume from DOA4, it'd be her Greek Goddess dress. I just love it so much because it fits with her name and her story. Helen of Troy's story is Greek, and when Helena was held prisoner in Lorelei, it was just like Helen when she was kidnapped.

If I could choose a second outfit, though, it'd be her DOA4 C2..:oops:

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm not really a fan of the stupid seashells thing, but it is annoying nonetheless that the Japanese get access to all this shit we don't. For example, the Japanese magazine exclusive outfits for Kasumi and Ayane and the Warriors Orochi outfits are actually pretty sweet.

Stupid ethno-centric favoritism...

Rawbietussin

Have you seen how her boobs are flying everywhere? What's worse is they're on OMG. XD

The one on the video seems to be on natural or DOA physics but there's always the off option to make breasts stay still and not have a life of its own like some parasite-infested tumor lol (I know I would put the physics off).

If ever they do plan to release this up on PSN stores, what they could have done to this costume to make it "acceptable" is to modify the shells bigger and wider to not only cover nipples then make the gold "strings" visible in color. As for the bottoms, maybe if they add some sheer skirt over it like the one on Leifang's 5UCE swimsuit in a dark golden orange shade.

DOA5U_Leifang_CE.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD