Helena in DOA5U

Omegan Eckhart

But she's in BKO naturally with more frame advantage than going into bokuho. From any other SDS.
I know but there is nothing in BKO that she doesn't have in FF. i11 jab, i12 mid. i12 throws ect.

BKO is only really better than FF because it eliminates high's and some mid's but with +16 at our disposal avoiding the opponents attacks isn't necessary.
I don't think that's true. 4P should also work. It activates in 14 frames, and is a pretty nice stun. She has an amazing mix up game from backfacing, so that also helps.
I'm pretty certain 4P is i15. I'm not near my Xbox right now so I can't check.

ninjaguy446

I checked earlier, 4P is guaranteed. Maybe if they're unsuspecting we could get BKO 4PK for launch that's semi-guaranteed.

Omegan Eckhart

I checked earlier, 4P is guaranteed. Maybe if they're unsuspecting we could get BKO 4PK for launch that's semi-guaranteed.
It's gonna have to be used mid stun threshold then as none of our guaranteed attacks launch from 214P+K.

It's going to take a while for me to get past how BS this SDS is. Even if her old ones remained trash I was hoping her new one might guarantee at least a basic launch. Isn't the game being released tomorrow on PSN?

ninjaguy446

It's gonna have to be used mid stun threshold then as none of our guaranteed attacks launch from 214P+K.

It's going to take a while for me to get past how BS this SDS is. Even if her old ones remained trash I was hoping her new one might guarantee at least a basic launch. Isn't the game being released tomorrow on PSN?
I'm pretty sure it's being released tomorrow everywhere (meaning in NA gamestop, amazon, walmart, etc.).

Is it even possible to fastest SE on reaction?

I know it's not guaranteed but I meant since 4P is guarenteed maybe we could sometimes get 4PK. They could still hold the K part but barely anyone I've ever played (besides SweetRevenge) holds the K part.

DR2K

I know but there is nothing in BKO that she doesn't have in FF. i11 jab, i12 mid. i12 throws ect.

BKO is only really better than FF because it eliminates high's and some mid's but with +16 at our disposal avoiding the opponents attacks isn't necessary.

How often is someone going to just frame guard and guess right?

Omegan Eckhart

I'm pretty sure it's being released tomorrow everywhere (meaning in NA gamestop, amazon, walmart, etc.).

Is it even possible to fastest SE on reaction?

I know it's not guaranteed but I meant since 4P is guarenteed maybe we could sometimes get 4PK. They could still hold the K part but barely anyone I've ever played (besides SweetRevenge) holds the K part.
214P+K is very slow as soon as it lands it's very obvious what attack it is. I doubt it will be hard to react to in time. Only people that play against Helena regularly counter BKO 4PK. Only extreme lag stops me from countering it.
How often is someone going to just frame guard and guess right?
You are welcome to rely on non guaranteed stuff but I want set ups that work consistently not just when the opponents messes up.

ninjaguy446

Well, there's only one day left. We should have the game and Helena in our hands tomorrow to test her out and see all her new stuff and where it leaves her. With or without guaranteed launch on the sitdown stun, Helena can still torture the opponent with her mixups. She has more access to BT and BKO for more mixups, so I say screw the SDS! She's done fine without it so far.

XV MR ARMANI

I'm just imagining the combo possibilities right now.

CH 66P, KK, 214P+K, BKO 6P+K, BKO 66P, 8PP4, BT 4PK.

I think Helena's real blender in DOA5U is her complexity. She basically forces you to tech & when you tech you have to deal with her BT mixups.

the fact that BT PPK2 goes into BKO off of a guard break, & that BT PPP4 goes into back to BT she basically has a 50/50 mixup that's almost guaranteed to hit. Helena can use BT PPK2 & BT PPP4 interchangibly & get damage.

I NEED DOA5U!!

HaJiN

The general rule i follow when it comes to sit down stuns is that if you find out how many frames of advantage you have when your opponent slow escapes as fast as possible, just subtract 2 frames from that number, and any mid or low that falls at or under that number is guaranteed.

ninjaguy446

Just got the game.
I'm just imagining the combo possibilities right now.

CH 66P, KK, 214P+K, BKO 6P+K, BKO 66P, 8PP4, BT 4PK.

I think Helena's real blender in DOA5U is her complexity. She basically forces you to tech & when you tech you have to deal with her BT mixups.

the fact that BT PPK2 goes into BKO off of a guard break, & that BT PPP4 goes into back to BT she basically has a 50/50 mixup that's almost guaranteed to hit. Helena can use BT PPK2 & BT PPP4 interchangibly & get damage.

I NEED DOA5U!!
Combo does not work because the sitdown stun launches the opponent.

Anyone else getting a guaranteed sweep off of a BKO 6P ground hit? People I'm talking to are having trouble teching it, and I am too in training room. It seems pretty legit as a strategy, at least.

Edit: you can, you just have to tech it right after the 6P, and it's pretty obvious when you tech it right after, perhaps even before you would need to do the sweep. Interesting. It's basically still one of the most direct techs in the game, you just have to double down for the pseudo, so it's a higher risk, higher reward proposition in two stages.

Last edited:

DR2K

Her 6p after hands works as a guaranteed hit if the opponent doesn't tech. So sometimes they'll tech to avoid the hit.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD