Helena in DOA5U

Omegan Eckhart

BTW, F+K by itself is only +2 now...
I would have thought cancelling in BKO would make her recover faster as with BKO 2K and BT 66K...
You can go into BKO Stance from this move now by holding the 2 direction. When you go into BKO Stance, you are at -1.
So against i11 mid characters she has no real mix up on block, that's pretty lame.

Edit: Actually she will lose out to i12 mid's too because her i11 jab does less damage than an i12 mid which does 22 points of damage. Even more shit.

Does P(P) cause a bound state on any CH? If so that's going to be quite nasty.
Wow that's really sucky. I liked that move. I mean, I'll still use it for the BKO transition, but the frame advantage was nice.
Entering BKO from it means her fastest move will come out in i12 so all i11 and i12 mid's will beat her flat out.

What's the point of adding a BKO transition when it forces you to give up +3 frames of advantage. They removed any incentive to actually use it!

Last edited:

Omegan Eckhart

When I originally suggested this stance transition to Team Ninja, I said it should be +3 on block.
I just don't understand what the point of having the option of going into BKO from a guard crush is when it takes her from +2 to -1. It's not like she is faster from BKO so what's the point?

DR2K

Make sure your opponent doesn't block if you get cute with your transitions. Helena's has one of the best high/low games so blocking her is still going to be a bitch.

Brute

Standard Donor
I just don't understand what the point of having the option of going into BKO from a guard crush is when it takes her from +2 to -1. It's not like she is faster from BKO so what's the point?
Eliminating all high attack and standing OHs?

Omegan Eckhart

Eliminating all high attack and standing OHs?
If she is left at -1 as long as the opponent has at the slowest an i12 mid she will lose. Why give up +2 just to go into a stance at negative where she has no real mobility or the ability to guard? +2 will stuff a standing OH and a high or mid if the opponent likes pressing buttons.

It's just dumb. We asked for the transition, we got it but then they removed the frame advantage that would have made it useful.

ninjaguy446

If she is left at -1 as long as the opponent has at the slowest an i12 mid she will lose. Why give up +2 just to go into a stance at negative where she has no real mobility or the ability to guard? +2 will stuff a standing OH and a high or mid if the opponent likes pressing buttons.

It's just dumb. We asked for the transition, we got it but then they removed the frame advantage that would have made it useful.
Personally, I'm glad we got more transitions (even if they are negative on block. I'll probably only be using 6P4, 3PP4, and 8PP4 in stun from now on anyways). But, if we make our voices loud enough maybe Team Ninja will patch in frame advantage for Helena.

BlackxxxMamba

Oh, Mamba. I had a question. You never fully explained why BKO Sweep is not a good replacement for BKO 6P. Care to elaborate? I'm guessing it's because of the risk if it whiffs?

BKO Sweep has too much recovery when it whiffs. You will get beaten out if you try and pressure the opponent. BKO 6P was so much better.

But like I said, still do the PFT because regardless, it's still her best combo ender. (Unless 66KP(P) will slam opponent on the wall from further distances where the PFT won't carry to wall)

XV MR ARMANI

with vanilla DOA5 we all said Helena was going to be bad, even mamba. but after discovering the blender players either won or placed high in a good number of majors with her.

my take on this is with the PFT still existing in 5U + more stance transitions added to her arsenal I still believe Helena will be a stronger character in 5U than she was in 5. she already had crazy mixups & they added more? just imagine the possibilities folks.

frames ain't really everything.

DR2K

with vanilla DOA5 we all said Helena was going to be bad, even mamba. but after discovering the blender players either won or placed high in a good number of majors with her.

my take on this is with the PFT still existing in 5U + more stance transitions added to her arsenal I still believe Helena will be a stronger character in 5U than she was in 5. she already had crazy mixups & they added more? just imagine the possibilities folks.

frames ain't really everything.

Disadvantage on guard matters, but Helena has tools around that.

Omegan Eckhart

I'm curious about something. Seeing as 8PP, 6P and 3PP when free cancelled remove deep stun what frames are you left at when you cancel into BT on CH?

Hopefully you don't go into BT at negative regardless of whether it's on NH or CH.

DR2K

I'm curious about something. Seeing as 8PP, 6P and 3PP when free cancelled remove deep stun what frames are you left at when you cancel into BT on CH?

Hopefully you don't go into BT at negative regardless of whether it's on NH or CH.

It's impossible to be at negative if you hit them with those transitions. Since you can't attack out of stun.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD