DOA5LR Honoka Reveal Trailer

Releasing a day earlier than its original January 15th reveal date (all in part to yesterday's scan/screenshot leaks), here is the official reveal trailer for Honoka, "a sweet, easygoing kind of girl," Koei Tecmo subtly points out.

Her fighting style looks strikingly similar to a few of the cast members, doesn't it? :eek:

Last edited:
What ever you gotta love originality. Just naming characters that do the same thing, we got seth, Ancient ogre/True ogre, Combot, Mokujin, Necris (like others have mentioned), etc.

What ever you gotta love originality. Just naming characters that do the same thing, we got seth, Ancient ogre/True ogre, Combot, Mokujin, Necris (like others have mentioned), etc.
lets not forget Tekken 7's new addition since we r on the topic of unoriginality.

Hmm, I like the concept of a cute girl (with a EXTREMELY LARGE BOOB SIZE) with a "demonic power". Reminds me of Madoka Magica.
tumblr_mid0nphQpL1rwcnbxo1_500.gif

You all should check out the Steam forums on this, it's anywhere from being viewed as an early April fools joke to being pathetic. This is just sad, there's more combat styles on the planet then there are countries & this was all Team Ninja could come up with? Who wants to chip in with me & get them a copy of the Encyclopedia of Martial Arts (yes I know how out of date it is, but still has more ideas then they do apparently)?

This is EXACTLY how i feel with every game when they come out with clones or more imaginary arts. Except smash, because it's smash.

This is EXACTLY how i feel with every game when they come out with clones or more imaginary arts. Except smash, because it's smash.
Imaginary arts I can stomach somewhat, since they're supposed to at least be trying. I wouldn't mind in the least if this "Honoka fu" was a style that she developed on her own with its own unique moveset, new or derivative martial arts are created all the time in the real world after all (like how Chuck Norris & Kareem Abdul Jabaar use Jeet kun do when compared to their Sensei, Bruce Lee). The best I can hope for in her regard is that the stance of hers actually has a moveset that the rest of the cast doesn't.

Imaginary arts I can stomach somewhat, since they're supposed to at least be trying. I wouldn't mind in the least if this "Honoka fu" was a style that she developed on her own with its own unique moveset, new or derivative martial arts are created all the time in the real world after all (like how Chuck Norris & Kareem Abdul Jabaar use Jeet kun do when compared to their Sensei, Bruce Lee). The best I can hope for in her regard is that the stance of hers actually has a moveset that the rest of the cast doesn't.

And this is why i say she's the REAL Jeet Kune Do fighter. Jann Lee (and Jacky) uses Jann Jan Fan.

Lets see...
Marie's face... belittles Marie's appeal...
Raidou's concept... belittles Raidou's uniqueness...
yeah .. fuck this shit...

This is a lazy ass design .. and a cheap way to whore money out of us...

Good job Team Ninja... what a way to fucking kill your own game with your own hands...

You know where the irony is? I've had many instances where I've spoken to many of the team's members in private... and so many times have we brought up the bad decisions namco did with Elysium, Edge Master and Kilik in SCV ... and how clone characters are just lazy designs...
Fucking Hypocrites...

Seriously ... I don't think I will be supporting this game as much as before because frankly its not worth it..

We try and try and try to show a serious side and they flood their marketing with swimsuits and giant tits... not to mention now we have some characters topless... Guess which videos people see first, our hard work and research or their shitty advertising?

We will never be taken seriously in the FGC ... and its all their fault.

If they can't even design a new fucking face let alone a unique character, watch the netcode be as shitty as its always been..
I'm done.

Lets see...
Marie's face... belittles Marie's appeal...
Raidou's concept... belittles Raidou's uniqueness...
yeah .. fuck this shit...

This is a lazy ass design .. and a cheap way to whore money out of us...

Good job Team Ninja... what a way to fucking kill your own game with your own hands...

You know where the irony is? I've had many instances where I've spoken to many of the team's members in private... and so many times have we brought up the bad decisions namco did with Elysium, Edge Master and Kilik in SCV ... and how clone characters are just lazy designs...
Fucking Hypocrites...

Seriously ... I don't think I will be supporting this game as much as before because frankly its not worth it..

We try and try and try to show a serious side and they flood their marketing with swimsuits and giant tits... not to mention now we have some characters topless... Guess which videos people see first, our hard work and research or their shitty advertising?

We will never be taken seriously in the FGC ... and its all their fault.

If they can't even design a new fucking face, watch the net code be as shitty as its always been..
I'm done.

wait, IMO mimic characters can be pretty fun...if done right. For instance, having a character switching to one of the available fighting styles at the beginning of each round (not just the battle) could be a pretty fun experience. Raidou would be perfect for this.

But now, and this is where I agree with the others and you, we got like 2 new mimic characters with almost no new moves at all....well, THAT is an accomplishment only TN, the masters of copy & paste DLC stuff can do, lol

Yes, she is indeed a lazy character. Even shares Maries exact same face...just different colored eyes and hair (+ style).

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD