DOA5LR Honoka Reveal Trailer

Releasing a day earlier than its original January 15th reveal date (all in part to yesterday's scan/screenshot leaks), here is the official reveal trailer for Honoka, "a sweet, easygoing kind of girl," Koei Tecmo subtly points out.

Her fighting style looks strikingly similar to a few of the cast members, doesn't it? :eek:

Last edited:
Lets see...
Marie's face... belittles Marie's appeal...
Raidou's concept... belittles Raidou's uniqueness...
yeah .. fuck this shit...

This is a lazy ass design .. and a cheap way to whore money out of us...

Good job Team Ninja... what a way to fucking kill your own game with your own hands...
This song, I think, fits.

Replace "Sony" with "Team Ninja" & "console" with "salad". A few other minor alterations & the "how to kill a brand" song has a DoA remix.

Lets see...
Marie's face... belittles Marie's appeal...
Raidou's concept... belittles Raidou's uniqueness...
yeah .. fuck this shit...

This is a lazy ass design .. and a cheap way to whore money out of us...

Good job Team Ninja... what a way to fucking kill your own game with your own hands...

You know where the irony is? I've had many instances where I've spoken to many of the team's members in private... and so many times have we brought up the bad decisions namco did with Elysium, Edge Master and Kilik in SCV ... and how clone characters are just lazy designs...
Fucking Hypocrites...

Seriously ... I don't think I will be supporting this game as much as before because frankly its not worth it..

We try and try and try to show a serious side and they flood their marketing with swimsuits and giant tits... not to mention now we have some characters topless... Guess which videos people see first, our hard work and research or their shitty advertising?

We will never be taken seriously in the FGC ... and its all their fault.

If they can't even design a new fucking face let alone a unique character, watch the netcode be as shitty as its always been..
I'm done.
As my friend once said"he's not mad..... that man's hurt"

What I don't like about this character is I now have to deal with Bokuho in two different ways. Seems redundant. I don't know much about her strings obviously, but she should not have all the follow ups. All I know is that out of all of the characters I hate Helena, and now a figment of her bs play style is rubbing itself all over this new one.

HOLY~FURRREAKIN'~SHIBBIT!!! I CAN'T BREATHE...I CAN'T BREATHE!!! OMFG! ROTF! LMFAO!!! AMITUOFO TO DAT! ;) :p <3 __/l\__

How can one character out of 30-something ruin the entire franchise? I will never understand people that think that every character in a fighting game's roster has to cater to their specific tastes and needs. The entire point of creating new characters is to get a broader appeal and to pique new players' interests. I'm not saying I'm a fan of her design and clone characters per se, but this is something the game didn't have in this form yet. And blending other characters' moves into one specific moveset with different properties and a few new moves isn't nearly as bad as a complete clone character that changes randomly with each fight. Maybe players who enjoy varied fighting styles or picking random, will get a kick out of her.

And complaining about DOA's supposed "sexism" ist just futile at this point (especially since most other fighting games have been cranking up the nudity in recent years,too). A certain lewdness is part of the game's dna since the first one. Who gives a fuck about idiots on eventhubs and twitch who never even played the game?

Honaka? Y u no chubby? But on a serious note, she seems.......... kinda dull? Maybe i got my hopes up to far when she was first announced but TN couldve done a much better job on her design and especially her moveset. Forget a salad, this is a pizza with the works.

Everything burrito
tumblr_lwthpfQIHp1qd36g7o1_500.gif
would work better if chubby but fills out just fine
ps*if someone could put all characters heads in this it would be better

Honaka? Y u no chubby? But on a serious note, she seems.......... kinda dull? Maybe i got my hopes up to far when she was first announced but TN couldve done a much better job on her design and especially her moveset. Forget a salad, this is a pizza with the works.
You don't like the character. That's fine. Now try some breathing exercises and calm down. The entire game want changed by adding her.
OMFG! ROTF! LMFAO!!! YOOS GUYZ R A FURRREAKIN' RIOT!!! I LOVE IT! AMITUOFO & XIE~XIE~NI!!! ;) :p <3 __/l\__

How can one character out of 30-something ruin the entire franchise? I will never understand people that think that every character in a fighting game's roster has to cater to their specific tastes and needs. The entire point of creating new characters is to get a broader appeal and to pique new players' interests. I'm not saying I'm a fan of her design and clone characters per se, but this is something the game didn't have in this form yet. And blending other characters' moves into one specific moveset with different properties and a few new moves isn't nearly as bad as a complete clone character that changes randomly with each fight. Maybe players who enjoy varied fighting styles or picking random, will get a kick out of her.

And complaining about DOA's supposed "sexism" ist just futile at this point (especially since most other fighting games have been cranking up the nudity in recent years,too). A certain lewdness is part of the game's dna since the first one. Who gives a fuck about idiots on eventhubs and twitch who never even played the game?

Very easy answer, taboo. If they're trying to smack some shock value into every new female character, i can't wait to see how ashamed I am of the next one. This woman's as 18 as a civil war recruit ("Yeah, i'm over 18, but i won't be when i take the card out of my shoe"). And the milk thing is clearly just to insult us. It'd be funny if she wasn't the youngest, as they're clearly designing her after a kid from an anime. No thanks.

Very easy answer, taboo. If they're trying to smack some shock value into every new female character, i can't wait to see how ashamed I am of the next one. This woman's as 18 as a civil war recruit ("Yeah, i'm over 18, but i won't be when i take the card out of my shoe"). And the milk thing is clearly just to insult us. It'd be funny if she wasn't the youngest, as they're clearly designing her after a kid from an anime. No thanks.
Even easier answer, Soulcalbur 5.

I like her, dislike her costume but whatever. She has all the moves I like from the cast and hearing her "wataa" is cute. New main confirmed. (Don't worry Christie, you still my side chick)

Although on another note, seeing the more radical negative reactions [this character will kill the entire franchise] here is starting to rival the Lucky Chloe shitstorm, but it's not quite there yet. We need more people bitching on social media and NeoGaf to get noticed more.

Although on another note, seeing the more radical negative reactions [this character will kill the entire franchise] here is starting to rival the Lucky Chloe shitstorm, but it's not quite there yet. We need more people bitching on social media and NeoGaf to get noticed more.
RAWR & RAGE, RAWR & RAGE...TROLL ON YOU CAARAAAZEE DIAMOND, TROLL ON!!! LMFAO!AMITUOFO!!! ;) :p <3 __/l\__

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD