DOA5LR Honoka Reveal Trailer

Releasing a day earlier than its original January 15th reveal date (all in part to yesterday's scan/screenshot leaks), here is the official reveal trailer for Honoka, "a sweet, easygoing kind of girl," Koei Tecmo subtly points out.

Her fighting style looks strikingly similar to a few of the cast members, doesn't it? :eek:

Last edited:
Her juggles seem pretty cool though. Bet it'll be fun to juggle alpha with her.
Any news on her weightclass? I'm guessing on Light, just like Marie Rose

In the mean time ... I'll be enjoying my Wii U.. and playing actual fighting games like Killer Instinct and GGXrd.

If they wanna kill their own franchise, might as well help them do it.
If you drop by London, give me a shout.

We actually have a scene for GG unlike this game, which is pretty sad.

edit: maybe I'm also partly to blame, but the money I spent on extra content was never for any cause other than supporting the developers.

I can't say I've been repaid in kindness.

We try and try and try to show a serious side and they flood their marketing with swimsuits and giant tits... not to mention now we have some characters topless... Guess which videos people see first, our hard work and research or their shitty advertising?

We will never be taken seriously in the FGC ... and its all their fault.

I've always supported TN and I've bought all those DLC even though I was against the direction they were going with it, but it was only because they were generally listening to their fanbase and making good decisions in a lot of areas (diverse hair styles, 1080p, more stages, community costumes, PC release). I don't think I will now though if they are mistaking the success on DLC being bought as just fetish-y anime otaku coming together and throwing around money ;/

Lets see...
Marie's face... belittles Marie's appeal...
Raidou's concept... belittles Raidou's uniqueness...
yeah .. fuck this shit...

This is a lazy ass design .. and a cheap way to whore money out of us...

Good job Team Ninja... what a way to fucking kill your own game with your own hands...

You know where the irony is? I've had many instances where I've spoken to many of the team's members in private... and so many times have we brought up the bad decisions namco did with Elysium, Edge Master and Kilik in SCV ... and how clone characters are just lazy designs...
Fucking Hypocrites...

Seriously ... I don't think I will be supporting this game as much as before because frankly its not worth it..

We try and try and try to show a serious side and they flood their marketing with swimsuits and giant tits... not to mention now we have some characters topless... Guess which videos people see first, our hard work and research or their shitty advertising?

We will never be taken seriously in the FGC ... and its all their fault.

If they can't even design a new fucking face let alone a unique character, watch the netcode be as shitty as its always been..
I'm done.
bye

For a new purchase on last gen I would agree. As a new SKU for current, though, I think it's a great package. We are not the demo here.
Exactly what I think. I'm not in love with Honoka but I can see people liking her. I wouldn't go crazy and leave like Emperor Cow but I can understand some frustration.

I said this before, I will admit but the Japanese busty popular schoolgirl thing is getting really old quick. Just the overall design caters to a certain fan base. I am neutral with this one but I can totally see what some here are coming from.

I said this before, I will admit but the Japanese busty popular schoolgirl thing is getting really old quick. Just the overall design caters to a certain fan base. I am neutral with this one but I can totally see what some here are coming from.
I'd rather they had gone with a thick, slightly overweight MILF type but what can you do. Japan just likes em young and schoolgirly.

>Yet another barely legal schoolgirl
>Shares moves with the cast
Me:
tumblr_inline_mgf5bj4a7f1qaar7u.gif

In the mean time ... I'll be enjoying my Wii U.. and playing actual fighting games like Killer Instinct and GGXrd.

If they wanna kill their own franchise, might as well help them do it.

I agreed that they are shooting themselves in the foot by making this character. With that said, the situation could be much worse. The Soul Calibur series has multiple characters that mimic other movesets. At least TN decided to make a salad instead of Soul Calibur's bland sandwich. (Honoka uses multiple styles at once, Soul Calibur's mimic characters just copied one moveset per round.)

Last edited:
I actually think she seems like a fun to play character, and come'on with the famitsu thing leaked and the translation about the superpower thing+raiodu tag pair, it was pretty obvious that this was going to happen...

You people need to calms your metaphorical tits and go take a walk or somehing :)

The only thing that people seem to agree here is that SCV was shit

I actually think she seems like a fun to play character, and come'on with the famitsu thing leaked and the translation about the superpower thing+raiodu tag pair, it was pretty obvious that this was going to happen...

You people need to calms your metaphorical tits and go take a walk or somehing :)

The only thing that people seem to agree here is that SCV was shit

Nah, I love SCV.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD