DOA5LR Honoka Reveal Trailer

Releasing a day earlier than its original January 15th reveal date (all in part to yesterday's scan/screenshot leaks), here is the official reveal trailer for Honoka, "a sweet, easygoing kind of girl," Koei Tecmo subtly points out.

Her fighting style looks strikingly similar to a few of the cast members, doesn't it? :eek:

Last edited:
well I know you what you mean ? and who said I was trolling tho ? its ok man no biggie XD nice to meet you too.

Question is, did she have the power before Raidou and "learned" his copy ability from him, or did she receive the power in some way from Raidou?

We may never know since Raidou's memory is officially lost.

Judging by her hair colour, she's probably another one of his bastard children.

I would like to congratulate Ayane on finding her long-lost sister. Hopefully with some counseling, the family can come back together again.

Are there any Honaka art already up on pixiv? I know MR had several up fast a little while after reveal.

Edit:
Lol
48174938_p0_master1200.jpg

Kumanoko is the best.

Love love love this character... From her design down to her fighting style. Like that she's not a Mokujin, she's a Seth.

Finally cutting Tina loose.

I'm seeing quite a bit of hate on the new character but I've been asking myself WHY did TN decide to make a character that copies the rest of the cast? The story of DoA isn't exactly its strong point but I've seen a few posts speculating that she's somehow involved with M.I.S.T. Maybe, just maybe they did this for story purposes. So I'm going to take a completely wild guess here assuming that's the case

In the past Kasumi and Hayate have been abducted and used as test subjects in project ALPHA and OMEGA in an attempt to make the ultimate soldier and mass produce them. On another note the last boss of DoA5 was able to take on the form of Kasumi, Hayate, and Hayabusa, taking their abilities as well. So who's to say Honoka isn't a test subject of M.I.S.T? She could be completely unaware of it, she doesn't even know why she can copy people's abilities. Her dialogue at the end of the trailer might actually hold meaning.

Basically i'm theorizing MIST obtained the DNA of the cast and used Honoka as a test subject in an attempt to make the ultimate soldier. I'm probably wrong, I just find it to be an interesting concept that would actually make a little sense. Feel free to point out any possible mistakes as I'm not an expert on the history of DoA or perhaps add on to this.

Question is, did she have the power before Raidou and "learned" his copy ability from him, or did she receive the power in some way from Raidou?

We may never know since Raidou's memory is officially lost.
I think she's most likely His daughter - we all know they love them Half sisters on doa (Ayane meet your new sister) face palm

man.
everything about this character bothers my soul.
honoko looks like lazy copy and paste name (kokoro much?) and aesthetically she looks like she's wearing a schoolgirl DLC costume, decorated with stickers a randomly placed ponytail lmao. like what? and then she's channeling her inner charizard with these fire bending punches and fire throw. I only see it as a way to show off the new particle effects, nothing else. and THEN.. they gave her COPIED moves. we already have raidou! the only two original characters we've had so far are Rig, Mila, and Marie. hopefully LR features more than just copy/paste characters.

Just to be clear... I am not against Honoka's moveset as much as I am against her identical face to Marie. I still think that's not right. And I still think its unforgivable.

Oh, and I've seen the comments... the price isn't something that's really the problem to the community. We're all going to buy it, and we're all going to buy DLC. I think the biggest issue is that there is a true lack of excitement.

There is no completely original content. I mean she does look really cool for a copy-character, but at the end of the day she already looks like a completely broken character in a game that's already completely broken and plagued with Helena who not only humps floors, but is now humping cheap bullshit into other characters. If any character should be banned it's her, not Christie or Genfu.

Most people weren't even focused on Last Round adding characters. People were more concerned about more stages with actual environmental awareness. We get two "new" stages, so enjoy them I guess. And two "new" characters with a bunch of OLD dlc most players already have.

It's hard to speak of this game in a good light when they could have done so much more with it. I love DOA, but this character doesn't get me all that excited. And when they add a demos worth of content. It actually is pretty hard to justify the price tag.

Hoping for something new and cool announced before the game releases that isn't a character or a stupid hairstyle that will do zilch for you in combat.

The worst part about this whole thing for me is that I was talking to one of my friends on the Dead Fantasy facebook page literally a day before her reveal and I said this:

nms6F2B.png

She literally called it, and UGHADFJKHLAFH I stand corrected...

I have... but this is DOA5... and one of their bold statements is that they wanted each character to stand out and look different .. and they succeeded... Until this shit ...

I think it's unique she looks similar to Marie Rose, but retains her own look. It's quite the throw back to the older DOAs in a way. It fits in line with Raidou and the new stages.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD