Hopes for the future kokoro Doa5u

Tenryuga

6P+K may have lost the stun but it would be nice if it kept the frame advantage. It would make it a good tool to approach with. Koko can do some work with +3.

Bushido

1K didn't stun in that video sadly. It's pretty sketchy though. You can do the same in 5. If 2H+K hits on counter, and you do 1K after it, it'll stun but won't extend it. Kinda weird if you ask me. So, we haven't seen anything new. Let's all take a knee :(

FlamingMuffin

Newest videos show that she retained her 66P+K feint stun. Thank god, one of her strongest tools left in tact...Unless they messed with Heichu 2P.

Bushido

Newest videos show that she retained her 66P+K feint stun. Thank god, one of her strongest tools left in tact...Unless they messed with Heichu 2P.

Doesn't look like they're going to mess with her too much judging from the videos. Let's hope they gave some moves tracking properties and left her damage output alone.

synce

Well the bigger lifebar kinda hurts her chain grab (still does 65). No idea if they'll reverse the 1.03 damage nerfs to her strikes, but I doubt it

Rapham0n

I hope she learns what tracking means. I also think it wouldn't be too bad if she also had an advanced mid hold that gives a juggle.
Pretty much all I want :oops:

THIS^^^

Let's hope they give her at least one tracking move. Also some better costumes would be nice. I don't have any of the DLC. (DOA5's DLC is WAY too expensive in my country. All of the DLC together costs more than the actual game. Twice as much as the actual game to be precise. I'm most certainly not spending double the amount of money I paid for the game just to get some new costumes.) Anyway, out of all of her non-DLC costumes there is only one I like. So hopefully she gets some decent costumes in DOA5U that we won't have to pay extra for.

Tenryuga

I heard somewhere that her 2H+K or 2H+K K used to stun on NH. If so I'd like that to return and for it to gain tracking.

GeomighT

i gave up hope for the future of kokoro , word is the stun goddess is being nerfed in Ultimate , but hey ull get a cool new outfit

Tenryuga

Let's not forget there will probably be balance patches. I've learned in my 10 months in this community that Team Ninja is a hit or miss kind of crew. Let's hope the first patch is a hit like the buffs most chars got in the initial 1.03 patch and not a miss like most nerfs chars are getting for 5U.

NightAntilli

It makes zero sense for the second kick of 2H+KK not to stun, and be even negative on normal hit. All the opponent has to do is stand and block, and the move is useless. Other low strings that have two hits give at least a light stun. Christie's 2H+KP, Ryu's 1PK, Hitomi's 2KK, Leifang's 1KK...

PgoezinC

Just like the prior 1k stun discussion, I would also love 2h+k (or the k follow up) to stun, but just like how I think it would break 1k, it would also be cheap for 2h+k k to stun... for similar reasons. The low two hit strings from other characters that stun are set strings. You can't change the second hit. Kokoro's 2h+k obviously has a low and mid follow up, in addition to heichu.

To me, the definition of a "cheap" in doa's mechanics would be if the first hit of a string caused a stun (even minor) and then there's options on the end of the string. To me, that's cheap, because you're simply reduced to guessing on defense. And isn't the high element of guessing in doa a huge reason why both fans and haters criticize the game?

Regarding how seemingly pathetic 2h+k is because merely standing guard automatically puts the defender in advantage, regardless if k or p is used, and regardless if the k hits, I have learned that you can use that defensive mentality against the opponent. The fact that you're at an advantage when you block the p or "eat" the k, players are generally gonna stand and block, then kick your ass after the feeble second strike.

2h+k > throw... changes all that. You will get throws successfully. Also, once you do that a couple times, suddenly the p connects... and the k sit down stuns... I don't even need to explain why. Of course, there's still the element of guessing (this is doa, after all) but if forces the opponent to make an action after 2h+k, rather than getting a "free" advantage.

Here's an example of using 2h+k > throw against a player that knows the game. I'm not gonna mention a name because he's a far better player who wasn't using his main, and this is only one of the few games I won out of the all the games we played.

@0:42 is the first time I did it, which was a back to back occurance. Both throws landed. It again worked @1:49

Anyways, that's what I do. It works when used appropriately. Add it to your Kokoro inventory, or disregard it, or refute it. Doesn't matter, since we all play differently.

synce

What sucks is you can create gyaru types in SC, VF, even Tekken but not DOA ;_; It's also the only series missing a MILF besides VF, but a Miyako costume would solve that too.

Shoraku

isn't this sabaki her 7P ? looks like it is. But the move of Hayate seems to be his 6P. So what ? Her new sabaki will be able to block mid punch also ? Interesting. Anyway, this starter does not looks like her 1P, hard to tell.

Bushido

This is what I see: A sabaki that looks like 66T, a new followup of what looks like 1P, and 8PP has a refloat property. Pretty sure that sabaki will take care of mids and highs. That definitely looks like 1P...maybe they sped it up? If the punch after 1P gives a SDT like it does now, that would be awesome. This still doesn't answer are ultimate question: tracking :oops:

FlamingMuffin

I wouldn't trust the 8PP refloat it is tag after all. The initial sabaki is definitely not 7P. Can't wait till it comes out to find a whole new bag of tricks :)

Shoraku

Wouldn't her 6P+K be trackable ? I want PP6P trackable too. I want the 3th hit of 6PPP beeing trackable. I want 46P first hit trackable. I want 2H+K trackable too, or just the follow up K.

That's all i want.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD