Hopes for the future kokoro Doa5u

FlamingMuffin

PPT T from 4 is probably what they want. That's what I would love too. P+K from Heichu should also have the time where countering can't happen extended (otherwise, a well timed counter will only give Kokoro +9).

XxSakuraLuvaxX

What if Heichu attacks were/had sabaki? Maybe having Heichu after 66P? :3
One of these or a lot of tracking and she's going to be my main in ultimate.

is it just me or does kokoro have latency on her moves, idk if thats it, she just feels very stiff especially in an online match, i would like kokoro to flow more. a lot of times in a stupid online match when i fuck up a move im left sitting there, its probably just me :)

Tenryuga

is it just me or does kokoro have latency on her moves, idk if thats it, she just feels very stiff especially in an online match, i would like kokoro to flow more. a lot of times in a stupid online match when i fuck up a move im left sitting there, its probably just me :)

everybody feels like they weigh 300 pounds online. Its really annoying.

o_YUE_o

I just hope everyone suddenly forgets how to MID P hold...
Kokoro.png

PgoezinC

As a Kokoro player that uses (spams) 1k frequently, I would love for it to stun on NH... except I think it would borderline on being unfair. The majority of the characters that have a string that starts low and stuns on NH don't have different options after the low. It's usually a pre-set two or three hit string. Kokoro's 1k, however, ends in all four options. Two of those options extend the stun, one offers a juggle, and one tracks (which wouldn't matter in this case) and induces a very detrimental stumble (which does). Excluding SS for this particular explaination, being able to block protects you from three of those options. That's why there's a level of fairness with 1k.

If 1k stunned, you are then literally reduced to a 25% accurate guessing game, and that's not even factoring a throw, with disasterous results for the 75% chance you guess wrong... all because 1k stunned. I would love that being implemented, but I would be... stunned... if it actually happens.

Regarding the 1k in question in the above video, you can see Bass raise his arms for a throw attempt right before the 1k hits. This is a clear indication of two things:

1. It's not a stun extender, which Bushido mentioned in a different manner.
2. It's not a NH

FlamingMuffin

Well 1KK is canned, there's no mixup there. However, 1K hitting was not hi-counter. Bass was doing...something, but it wasn't a throw.

Tenryuga

If bass was trying to throw it would be a hi-counter blow. It isn't a hi-counterblow in the video though.

EDIT: Flaming muffin sniped me. And I see mixup in 1k though it is one dependent on the opponent and not the player. If the opponent tries to hold 1KK, Kokoro can take advantage of that by free cancelling at 1K and using one of her BT high strings to extend the stun or launch. It has the potential to be dirty because BT 4P is a launcher that has string followups. This means even if they SE and block it they are put into another guess of BT 4PT or BT 4PK.

PgoezinC

If bass was trying to throw it would be a hi-counter blow. It isn't a hi-counterblow in the video though.
It's obvious Bass initiates a move right before 1k hits, and if it was a counter hit of any sort, the words would flash across the screen... right? Well, except in the circumstance in the video. It is a counter hit, regardless if Bass was attempting a throw or an attack.

Rather than refuting words, feel free to set up the scenario in training, or re-enact it with a buddy. Doing a back to back counter hit like in the video doesn't always have the on screen word prompt on the second counter hit.

And feel free to try it with back to back throw attempts. Then report back with how often you see "hi counter" flash on the screen on the second counter hit.

Tenryuga

It's obvious Bass initiates a move right before 1k hits, and if it was a counter hit of any sort, the words would flash across the screen... right? Well, except in the circumstance in the video. It is a counter hit, regardless if Bass was attempting a throw or an attack.

Rather than refuting words, feel free to set up the scenario in training, or re-enact it with a buddy. Doing a back to back counter hit like in the video doesn't always have the on screen word prompt on the second counter hit.

No need to; I've seen what you mean.

PgoezinC

My best guess for the missing text is that a word prompt has a set amount of screen time, so in a back to back situation, the second word prompt can't make an appearance if the first one is still hogging the screen time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD